Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
This is why people shouldn't go to work while sick
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

This is why people shouldn't go to work while sick

Dec 27, 2020, 3:03 PM

Although, in many cases the employers are to blame as well.. people scared of getting fired,, peer pressure,
vacation/sick time

https://www.oregonlive.com/coronavirus/2020/12/1-person-went-to-work-sick-ensuing-outbreak-killed-7-in-douglas-county.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This is why people shouldn't go to work while sick

Dec 27, 2020, 3:31 PM

The problem is that people are not quarantining properly. They are going into quarantine too late or coming out too early. People are ignoring minor symptoms and not removing themselves from the public. The problem is not the stupid masks!!! If you’re sick or have had contact with someone who is sick just remove yourself and stay put!! The ignorance or refusal to do so is staggering. I’ve seen it in many cases. By the way , my wife and I have had covid. Our quarantine period ends tomorrow.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s not that simple man.

Dec 27, 2020, 3:52 PM

My teeth hurt for like 3 days. I was about to call the dentist when work called me to Pittsburgh. We all wore masks and social distanced, however I went to hotel that night and started coughing up some incredible phlegm. Which neither are a symptom of COVID and my doc told me that as well.

I get back and the pain and cough/phlegm persist. To get a doc appointment I have to get Covid test. I get it and test positive 5 days after the test. So I am now about 8-9 days from that first issue of my teeth hurting. I have been to hotels, in rental cars and meeting with other people.

Now tell me how that was anyone’s fault? I followed all protocols and I still probably put people at risk. I just had super weird symptoms.

I am sure that I am not the only one with this same type of story.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It’s not that simple man.

Dec 27, 2020, 4:14 PM

I hear you and I understand. My point is that I know people who have had the “typical” symptoms who ignored it for several days because they were “not that sick”. I also know people who went in and out of quarantine because they “didn’t feel too bad”. I also know some of the most paranoid people on the planet when it comes to the masks and they got covid!! Again, all I’m saying is if you have symptoms that could be remotely covid just take it seriously until it’s ruled out. Sounds like you did nothing wrong.

Re: It’s not that simple man.

Dec 27, 2020, 5:51 PM [ in reply to It’s not that simple man. ]

I don’t think you did anything wrong...but have to assume your line of work requires face to face interaction. If not, then I question your company’s decision to ask you to travel.

Dec 27, 2020, 11:32 PM [ in reply to Re: This is why people shouldn't go to work while sick ]

Tardog said:

The problem is that people are not quarantining properly. They are going into quarantine too late or coming out too early. People are ignoring minor symptoms and not removing themselves from the public. The problem is not the stupid masks!!! If you’re sick or have had contact with someone who is sick just remove yourself and stay put!! The ignorance or refusal to do so is staggering. I’ve seen it in many cases. By the way , my wife and I have had covid. Our quarantine period ends tomorrow.

No, the problem is that rich people make millions of dollars and the tell law makers that their employees are “essential” and pay them minimum wage to come in to work. I blame society itself!

Two days out and we have the first possible Christmas

Dec 27, 2020, 4:16 PM

fallout. MIL is sick. Thinks sinuses. We're hoping so. But with 18 people representing 6 households all traveling to one 12'x16' unventilated room, from all corners of the state, for a pot luck dinner and gift swap, together in that small room packed for 2-3 hours, without masks.......

What could go wrong? I think every single possible recommendation was ignored. I mean we could have squeezed 5-6 more people in the room.....maybe.

Only saving grace is 2 of the 18 already have had the rona, so it's technically like 16 people I guess. If that makes any difference. Just like BIL's "bad idea" hunting trip to SD, well, I was on record for this too. I give it two weeks. This was a significant downgrade from the outdoor Thanksgiving with the same people, all outside.

Got an awesome group picture though. Hope it won't come back to haunt anyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two days out and we have the first possible Christmas

Dec 27, 2020, 4:46 PM

I hear you. I prevailed in convincing my wife not to gather with her family over Christmas. It was a group of 18 people from 8 different households. None of them wore a mask and were indoors for 3 days. I'm considered unreasonable by the group over this decision. I really could care less. They have every right to roll the dice with the 90+ yr old matriarch in the house. I just didn't want to play along. I hope it works out for them.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Two days out and we have the first possible Christmas

Dec 27, 2020, 11:58 PM [ in reply to Two days out and we have the first possible Christmas ]

We've been through 3 normal coughs/colds/sinus

Dec 28, 2020, 11:53 AM

stuff at our house this year. So yeah, unless you get fever or lose your taste/smell or something else, odds are it's the normal crud.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We've been through 3 normal coughs/colds/sinus

Dec 28, 2020, 12:00 PM

I thought mine was a normal sinus infection, never got fever and never lost taste.

But, yeah usually it's the normal crud.

Dec 27, 2020, 5:47 PM

gon be sick jan 6th

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 27, 2020, 8:04 PM

Fake story. There is zero science backing up the claims in the story. Stop superspreading propaganda.

Is it? I didn’t know that. Can you point me to your source

Dec 27, 2020, 8:09 PM

where this was proven fake? TIA

Re: Is it? I didn’t know that. Can you point me to your source

Dec 27, 2020, 9:06 PM

Point to a source that proves it is not fake. Hearsay, at best.

Ohhhh ok so you just made that up. Got it***

Dec 27, 2020, 9:12 PM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic