Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It’s not that Clemson lost. I believe most fans realize
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

It’s not that Clemson lost. I believe most fans realize

Jan 2, 2021, 3:31 PM

we can’t make or win the championship every year. It’s how we lost. Clemson Football got embarrassed last night. As long as it had been close, it wouldn’t be as hard to take. The Tigers can coast through the ACC each year. The ACC sucks. But when it’s time for the playoffs, the team has to win in the trenches and have an edge. Clemson was punched in the mouth last year by Ohio St, but managed to win. Then LSU happened. Last night, the more physical team won.
The Tigers need to get back to physical ball and get their edge back.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FIRE BATSON!***

Jan 2, 2021, 3:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: It’s not that Clemson lost. I believe most fans realize

Jan 2, 2021, 3:35 PM

Apparently, 29-23 was harder to take than 31-0.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 2, 2021, 3:37 PM

I was feeling the same way but then was reminded (thanks Baltimore Tiger) that it happens. Clemson has embarrassed Alabama (44-16), Ohio State (31-0), and Notre Dame (30-3) in the CFP recently.

Gotta keep perspective.

Jan 2, 2021, 4:12 PM

And you got to remember we loss to bama in a semi final and look helpless on offense. The next year our offense did great. Our defense looked helpless last night but I think will be a very strong unit next year.

Jan 2, 2021, 3:39 PM

for me it is way harder to take when it is close loss, the closer the score, the more likely we would have to wade through a months worth of posts about the officials handing the game to OSU. At least most of us are man enough to admit we got beat and move on.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 3:58 PM

Ditto.

Jan 2, 2021, 4:46 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s not that Clemson lost. I believe most fans realize ]

Yep, ready for 2021 dominance.

If I’m UGAY, I’m getting emotionally ready for getting the chit kicked out of them in Charlotte.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Re: It’s not that Clemson lost. I believe most fans realize ]

This wasn't the only game and I was hollering about the refs early and often when we were up. I seem to remember the 2016 game with Big 12 refs and a similar lack of holding calls even though we won. I said we need a Big 12, SEC or B1G asst or analyst to coach holding!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A loss is a loss

Jan 2, 2021, 3:52 PM

I never feel good with any loss, whether it's a 1-point loss or a 100-point loss.

It just doesn't feel good.

Jan 2, 2021, 4:00 PM

LCTiger97 said:

we can’t make or win the championship every year....
The Tigers can coast through the ACC each year. The ACC sucks. But when it’s time for the playoffs, the team has to win in the trenches and have an edge. Clemson was punched in the mouth last year by Ohio St, but managed to win. Then LSU happened. Last night, the more physical team won.
The Tigers need to get back to physical ball and get their edge back.

The legitimate programs that have been established for longer than 5 years have realized that you can’t win every year. That’s why it’s a championship.

The ACC is a real problem. I get TD’d every time I say it but it seems like posters here are finally starting to see this. We don’t see weaknesses until the postseason because we don’t play anyone good enough to exploit them. We’re just that much better than everyone in the ACC. By the time the postseason comes around, everyone’s more battle tested, and have played decent teams.

Can you imagine how good we’d be if we had to play LSU / Bama / Florida every year? I mean, if all three of them do it every year and still win, couldn’t we?

We have dominated the LOS

Jan 2, 2021, 4:05 PM

Against teams in the CFP. Don’t blame it on the ACC. We didn’t have a good OL this year. We had a young and thin DL this year.

We’ll be better. How are you supposed to have an awesome DL if they don’t practice against a great OL every week?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have dominated the LOS

Jan 2, 2021, 4:13 PM

Dabo's comments like it or not open the door for the nation to give us hell over this loss. I was texted many times last night and today asking how it felt to get stomped by the number 11 team. I was not shocked we got beat because I worried all week if we could defend their pass and I got my answer early and often last night. I have not liked our DB and Safety play all season.

Message was edited by: speedracer®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 4:11 PM

Well, the vaunted 2020 ACC football is 0fer in bowl games. Let’s hear how Packer and Durham spin this train wreck on Monday

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 4:41 PM

kpttiger said:

Well, the vaunted 2020 ACC football is 0fer in bowl games.

Vaunted by who?

Answer: no one

Jan 2, 2021, 7:08 PM

Vaulted maybe?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 5:45 PM

and you saw all that from your seat on the bandwagon? Wow!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 6:59 PM

Yeah, smart ###. I’ve been watching it from my bandwagon seat for the past two seasons. And I’m posting my opinion on a bandwagon football forum for bandwagon fans! Wow!!

Jan 2, 2021, 6:41 PM

I agree with the OP.

Losing a close one stinks, ESPECIALLY in the national championship game, but it's much easier to swallow a close loss in a semifinal game than it is a blowout. We got embarrassed and it was worse than LSU because we were favored and most-- including us-- felt this would be a one or two score Clemson win. To get out doors blown off the way we did-- we looked totally over-matched-- is concerning and very, very disappointing.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2021, 7:24 PM

Well I for one hope we keep doing what EXACTLY we have been doing for the last two years and EXPECTING a better outcome. No new coaches for the o-line, I mean we just landed a 5-star offensive tackle. (BTW, Mitch Hyatt sent a Christmas card and he says says "hi" from his undrafted-earnings-style apartment). And I REALLY hope we keep giving game reps to no-star "friends and family" type players and more stuff like that. So while the rest of college football feasts on the new transfer portal and image licensing we'll be feasting on an ACC schedule and racking up moral victories in the playoffs. I can hardly wait to write my next check to IPTAY.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic