Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Petition to start in-game thread
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Petition to start in-game thread

Oct 4, 2020, 1:22 AM

We need one. Badly. "Fans" need a place to vent their emotions without littering the board with their emotional fragility.

What say you TNET? Like this post if you support this motion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol many have tried. It won't work here.***

Oct 4, 2020, 1:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Curious why you think not?

Oct 4, 2020, 1:48 AM

I would absolutely be in favor for shutting down the board during games for a singular thread.

The amount of morons littering the board is increasing by the week.

Re: Curious why you think not?

Oct 4, 2020, 2:20 AM

The ease of creating new threads makes it impossible, unless, as you say, they literally shut down the ability to create new threads during the game (which I'm not even sure is possible). Game threads work on other sites (SB Nation, for example), but that's because the writers are the only people able to create new threads (other than Fan Posts, but those are rare, and don't show up on the front page).

Message was edited by: DJDeCiBeL®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Curious why you think not?

Oct 4, 2020, 4:26 AM

I’ll get blasted for this but here goes. I’m still pretty new to the board and I asked why there was no game thread after game 1 of this year. The UNC board has 1 game thread. You want to comment on the game , you comment on the running thread. It’s so easy to follow and it’s actually filled with comments about the game! Imagine that. I come on this board and every dadgum play or comment is a new topic. I’m thinking what the crap is this? I pretty much got laughed at when I suggested a single thread. I was told “that’s not the way we roll around here”. Well I’m here to tell you the way you roll is awful. Ok blast away.

I don't really see the difference.

Oct 4, 2020, 6:03 AM

The board is the game thread. Everyone is watching the game. Every post is about the game...just like in your game threads on other boards.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't really see the difference.

Oct 4, 2020, 7:55 AM

I understand what you’re saying but it’s chaos.

It's not my opinion. It's been tried a few times on here.

Oct 4, 2020, 5:23 AM [ in reply to Curious why you think not? ]

It doesn't work. It's just not how this board has done it. You can start one next week and you'll get people to comment on it, but it won't stop the other posts from happening and littering the board.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's not my opinion. It's been tried a few times on here.

Oct 4, 2020, 6:13 AM

It's like I said, as long as literally anyone can create a new thread, there's no way to enforce a single game thread. TNet is just an "old school" message board, with old school message board code, that allows literally anyone to post whatever and whenever they please.

That has both advantages and disadvantages, but one of the disadvantages is there's no way to FORCE people to use a single game thread. But that's also something that will never change here. It can't. The site itself would have to be entirely recoded.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We used to have TAC for that but nobody goes there anymore***

Oct 4, 2020, 5:25 AM

Maybe if donating was required to start a thread ?

Oct 4, 2020, 8:02 AM

That would slow it down a little.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Petition to start in-game thread

Oct 4, 2020, 8:08 AM

I like the idea. TNet can be hard to follow in game.

It is also a thread that needs to come with the disclaimer raw emotions on display. Don’t judge as fans go from the highs and lows venting and celebrating.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic