Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question about fines. Just saw were Boeing was fined 2.5B
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Question about fines. Just saw were Boeing was fined 2.5B

Jan 8, 2021, 7:50 AM

(yes billion) over the 737Max issues for misleading investigators. Said 500mil was for families of the crash victims. Where the heck does the 2 Billion go, and how does that reduce my taxes? ??

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's all a shell game with Boeing anyway. They have wasted

Jan 8, 2021, 7:54 AM

billions on the Artemis program and the Starliner capsule that failed. The fact that the government lets Boeing get away with Cost+ contracting(allowing for endless payments for countless overruns) is an indictment on why federal programs are so inefficient.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Re: It's all a shell game with Boeing anyway. They have wasted

Jan 8, 2021, 8:35 AM

But they’ll get healthcare right.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hear ya, BUT....

Jan 8, 2021, 9:28 AM [ in reply to It's all a shell game with Boeing anyway. They have wasted ]

as a Federal contractor myself, I can tell you that many sectors of the government are simply too incompetent to run fixed price contracts (the alternative to cost plus).

If you can't administer the bid package properly, the end product sucks and you're forced into cost plus. Garbage in, garbage out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hear ya, BUT....

Jan 9, 2021, 12:12 AM

Ive done several federal jobs ..... the last one at Shaw AFB .... and I complained to one of the inspectors from Jacksonville that the project was costing three times the amount that it would cost at a civilian site. He said "don't worry about it, we pay $300 a square foot for $100 square foot buildings all the time". That was comforting.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I hear ya, BUT....

Jan 9, 2021, 12:33 AM [ in reply to I hear ya, BUT.... ]

I don’t dispute that though I would add that the incompetence starts pretty far up the stream in the sense that by the time that under-qualified subcontract management folks receive requirements from the program office, it’s 2 years late so you have high level pressure, condensing due diligence meant to protect the tax-payers money. Poor planning and unrealistic expectations during and pre design are the root cause of the failure which ultimately lends to cost-plus as the negotiated means. No one should kid themselves on what OEM’s like
Boeing have written off as a result of agreeing to a firm-fixed price contract the gov’t never stopped changing the requirements for post award. The Gov’t has quite the stick, you know.

Definitely, crap in and crap out. I think we are on the same page.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Question about fines. Just saw were Boeing was fined 2.5B

Jan 8, 2021, 7:58 AM

The rest goes to the U.S. Treasury.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2021, 8:11 AM

Sharpton, J Jackson, Biden's son, Unions and community organizers will all be awarded grants with this money. Gotta feed the machine...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They can't just keep printing money to make these stimulus

Jan 8, 2021, 8:29 AM

checks. They got to get some coming in from somewhere. 2 Billion from Boeing is a nice chunk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They can't just keep printing money to make these stimulus

Jan 8, 2021, 8:51 AM

But in the end, Boeing just raises their prices to the airlines so the airlines are forced to raise their prices. So guess who ends up paying for this, that's right we do, every time we fly or ship something via air.

They will only get me on the shipping end. I am retired, and

Jan 8, 2021, 8:56 AM

have time to drive anywhere I wish to go.

(As long as I don't wish to cross any oceans. That would have to be a flight. The absolute LAST place in the world you would want to be right now during this Covid is on an ocean liner. The perfect medium term incubation box.)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It won't be long now before AOC has that train built to

Jan 8, 2021, 9:03 AM

Hiwaii.....

Re: They can't just keep printing money to make these stimulus

Jan 9, 2021, 1:37 AM [ in reply to They can't just keep printing money to make these stimulus ]

76er® said:

checks. They got to get some coming in from somewhere. 2 Billion from Boeing is a nice chunk.

Hardly. These stimulus programs are spending Trillions. That fine is a rounding error. Downright scary. The majority of the fine should be going to the families and those that committed felony crimes should be tried and convicted! No accountability whatsoever.

"Misleading"... Isn't that sweet? 2 crashes, 340+ dead...

Jan 8, 2021, 10:21 AM

$500M for the families is a good thing... I think that money should come from every Boeing person in the know, top to bottom, prior to their criminal prosecutions. Maybe then they would roll on all the government 'boys' getting the kickbacks.

Boeing is example #1 of crony capitalism.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:

Jan 9, 2021, 12:42 AM

They have adapted and thrived on a significant weakness, indeed. The Federal Government.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 9, 2021, 6:37 AM

Ironically, another Boeing 737 went down this morning in Indonesia.

Jan 9, 2021, 5:04 PM

That wasn't one of the maxs that were involved in all the lawsuits. It was a 26 year old plane.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic