Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
At what point is it ok
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

At what point is it ok

Jun 11, 2020, 11:13 PM

To stand up and say I do not hate you because of your race but what U do hate is seeing the country I love and my way of life being threatened?

Because I feel it’s time. Americans do not like being bullied

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At what point is it ok

Jun 11, 2020, 11:14 PM

I*

Apparently the majority would rather have you kneel

Jun 11, 2020, 11:22 PM

these days.

Re: Apparently the majority would rather have you kneel

Jun 12, 2020, 12:35 AM

Plus it’s kind of thrilling to them to finally have the power to make you kneel, when you’ve been the one making them kneel for years. I mean, we’ve all been doing that, right? Going up to random people of color and making them kneel? We have so much to apologize for.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jun 12, 2020, 4:09 AM [ in reply to Apparently the majority would rather have you kneel ]

As usual, not a majority, but a loud minority.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2020, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Apparently the majority would rather have you kneel ]

not the majority, the majority has been silenced. The vocal micro minority of people are driving this train.

There are 3 occasions in which I will kneel

Jun 12, 2020, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Apparently the majority would rather have you kneel ]

1. Christ suddenly appears in the clouds

2. At the altar

3. If Queen Elizabeth ever knights me.

That's it. I have nothing to be sorry for....wasn't alive for that mess in the 1800s, and I grew up in a very diverse neighborhood (most of us in the South do) so they'll just have to shoot me standing.

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

Re: There are 3 occasions in which I will kneel

Jun 12, 2020, 10:07 PM

4. Marriage proposal
5. Upon devious icing from a bro
6. To look Lou Holtz in the eyes
7. Victory formation!
8. Doggie style
9. Deep groin stretch
10. Coach says “take a knee”

And exactly how is your way of life being threatened?

Jun 12, 2020, 12:46 AM

How are you being bullied?
What “changes” are you personally having to experience? Can you explain exactly how you are being threatened?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For Some When A Black Person Enters The Room.

Jun 12, 2020, 1:09 AM

......Moves next door....Lives across the street.....Comes inside the store....Walking with their daughters....Up for a job of authority....etc....is when SOME are threatened in secret or they make it obvious.

It's about past and heritage...

Jun 12, 2020, 1:52 AM [ in reply to And exactly how is your way of life being threatened? ]

My ancestors didnt own slaves, but I wouldnt be overly thrilled if they had. I dont respect Antebellum Southern leadership bc of their racist stance, but rather their views on gov't that aligned with sectionalism, which is something I believe in. These are figures that shaped our culture outside of just slavery. Was slavery bad, YES. These white figures were a product of their time, but I dont want to not value their contributions to society bc they were slave holders.

Name changes, statues being taken down, flags being banned... all are attacks on symbols of my heritage, my ancestor's past. I want the nation to move forward, but I dont want us to erase where we came from. Some of it good, a lot of it bad, but all of it out past.

Tbh, there are a lot of times that I feel like Im being made to apologize or that Im supposed to feel ashamed about being white. And that if I have an opinion that differs from liberal thinking, than I could be silenced, ridiculed, called a racist (Im not), kicked off social media, suspended and fired.

I am told to just listen, but then silenced when I want to speak up and have others listen. And before anyone assumes I have a loud, privileged voice bc Im white... just be careful you dont make assumptions about me based on my skin color, the same way I shouldnt make assumptions about minorities bc of their's.

I have listened. I want to help. But I dont want to be made to feel guilty and have negative things assumed about me when I have never done anything except been born a certain color. I dont want to be forced to forget my heritage. I dont want my kids to go to school where they cant learn about our history. I dont want to not be able to express my own opinions with actual facts just to be attacked after bc it doesnt fit the media's narative.

Yes, I do realize this sounds a lot like the same arguments that minorities make. While I disagree on how to move forward, it doesnt mean I dont hear you. It just means I think their is a different way forward. Now Im going to say something very strange in 2020: I believe we should agree to disagree. But bc we disagree doesnt mean we cant respect each other's stances, and respect each other as human beings.

I hope that helps to clarify things. Please feel free to message me back if you would like to have a more frank conversation. I am certainly open to communicating further.

Re: It's about past and heritage...

Jun 12, 2020, 4:02 AM

You make a very valid point about teaching history. The problem is we weren't taught the entire history. For example, when you studied South Carolina history, were you taught that Ben Tillman was a vile racist responsible for the deaths of many black South Carolinians? Or that besides being a US Senator, John C. Calhoun believed black Americans should have no rights at all? Or when studying WWII that 18 year old boys were shipped off to countries they had never heard of and expected to kill for causes they barely understood? Or in Vietnam soldiers were exposed to chemicals like Agent Orange that altered their abilities to think and reason for the rest of their lives? Or that there is more to this world than the US and Western Europe? I doubt it because none of us were. We were taught glamour history and had we been taught real history, we would perhaps not be in this mess we're in now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2020, 4:19 AM

In WW2 18 year olds were shipped off for causes they couldn’t understand? They may have still looked at war as romantic but they da#n sure knew the reason. How old are you? Definitely the last war fought with a clear definitive reason. What an unintelligent comment. Or more likely, uneducated.

Jun 12, 2020, 4:26 AM

Also, western democracy doesn’t blend well with a lot of the middle and Far East. If you study those beliefs would you like to see them implemented here? I was taught about other cultures and read plenty on my own. That’s why I can understand them but not accept them.

Jun 12, 2020, 5:58 AM

My comment had nothing to do with implementation. It had a lot to do with the world we live in today. I retired from a senior executive position with a major oil company. 2/3 of our business was in Asia and the Middle East. We had courses at our company in Eastern history and culture because almost no one had any prior knowledge of either and it was essential to be able to effectively work multi-billion dollar deals in that part of the world. And my comment about 18 year olds and WWII came from people who fought in WWII, American heroes, whom I respected very much during their lifetimes.

Seek first to understand before making rude comments.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who was your company hiring that didn’t know basic

Jun 12, 2020, 6:44 AM

Eastern history?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Who was your company hiring that didn’t know basic

Jun 12, 2020, 7:39 AM

99.9% of the USA doesn't know basic Eastern history. I am not ashamed to say I really don't know it. You do? I was never taught it.

I feel like I have a basic understanding, yeah.

Jun 12, 2020, 8:51 AM

I was a history major, though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2020, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Who was your company hiring that didn’t know basic ]

I’m sorry, but ### is Eastern History?

Jun 12, 2020, 10:28 PM

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/East%E2%80%93West_dichotomy

Jun 12, 2020, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Re: It's about past and heritage... ]

My dad and several others I know/knew and every single one of them knew exactly what they were fighting for.

My Dad was 17 when he went off to WWII, he knew

Jun 12, 2020, 4:58 AM [ in reply to Re: It's about past and heritage... ]

exactly what he was fighting for. Skinny Pilot on the left.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My Dad was 17 when he went off to WWII, he knew

Jun 12, 2020, 6:12 AM

Dang right your dad knew what he was fighting for. We were attacked. We fought back. It really is disgusting when people deny the honor and service of our veterans.

If he was just one year older he wouldn’t have known

Jun 12, 2020, 6:46 AM [ in reply to My Dad was 17 when he went off to WWII, he knew ]

... or something like that.

Jun 12, 2020, 7:15 AM [ in reply to My Dad was 17 when he went off to WWII, he knew ]

Great pic. They must have been nearing the end there by crew number. VE on the horizon after all those harrowing daylight missions! Deepest appreciation for your father!

Jun 12, 2020, 7:40 AM [ in reply to My Dad was 17 when he went off to WWII, he knew ]

Cool pic.

I can only imagine what those pilots felt during those raids

Jun 12, 2020, 8:35 AM [ in reply to My Dad was 17 when he went off to WWII, he knew ]

facing the flak, the Luftwaffe, the bitter cold and no telling what else. My ex wife lost a great uncle in Germany. He was on a B-17. Her mother still gets a little emotional talking about it.

Awesome pic BTW.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thank you CaliTiger

Jun 12, 2020, 8:10 AM [ in reply to Re: It's about past and heritage... ]

Great post!

Jun 12, 2020, 8:29 AM [ in reply to Re: It's about past and heritage... ]

Tillman - no.
Calhoun - yes.
WWII - yes.
Vietnam - yes.
More to this world - yes.

Im 33, so I grew up learning some of the ugly parts of history. Especially when the Confederate flag debate was going on in the early 2000s and I was in middle school.

So I learned the ugliness of our history, and now Im told I have to outright ignore it, forget it, not talk about it.

But I would say the problem you identified in your post sounds like it could be resolved with education reform and TEACHING history, not tearing it down.

Jun 12, 2020, 9:16 AM [ in reply to Re: It's about past and heritage... ]

Were you taught about the black slave owners ? You think just white men own slaves

Jun 12, 2020, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: It's about past and heritage... ]

I was taught that. How old are you

Re: And exactly how is your way of life being threatened?

Jun 12, 2020, 9:54 AM [ in reply to And exactly how is your way of life being threatened? ]

Did you see the owner of Pearlz get knocked out while 20+ people stood around and laughed? Have you seen King street in Charleston? Did you read about the former Clemson player who ws threatened at Halls? That's just a snippet... who supports vandalism, looting and violence? anyone?

Jun 12, 2020, 7:00 AM

Your way of life has only been threatened by the lockdown, otherwise your way of life is not threatened at all.

Are you talking about being "bullied" on the football field?***

Jun 12, 2020, 7:34 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 12, 2020, 8:06 AM

The left supposedly hated bullying when they were on the receiving end but now that they are on the giving end they are OK with it. Funny how that always works with them isn't it?

What is being threatened? Please elaborate***

Jun 12, 2020, 8:27 AM

Re: What is being threatened? Please elaborate***

Jun 12, 2020, 10:04 AM

What isn't ...pick anything you would like it's being threatened. Drew Breeze went 180, he didn't even mention anything other than the flag. Can't imagine the pressure he was put under to completely vacate his patriotism and now declare after all this time he was wrong, the flag and what it stands for suck. And his wife too. When you compromise your moral stance and throw your family under the bus for a social cause that has ZERO to do with the flag, particularly in the framework of his statement, independent thought and the language are threatened. Cancel culture full up. Coach Pearman is another example, made to kneel at the alter of the SJW court of public opinion. It was handled, no one currently on the team is upset. But the media sure is, every one of the blog sites went straight for his scalp. Props to Clemson for handling this correctly, then and now.

Have you seen King Street in Charleston? Every business owner, every worker, everyone that depends on tourism and the service industry are threatened. Columbia is very close to the same. Those are the people who support IPTAY, who supports Clemson, who support Clemson Athletics.

Never, Because The Way The Narrative is Being Written is You

Jun 12, 2020, 6:42 PM

Must blindly accept their story or you are racist. I find the term racist as offensive as others find the N word offensive. To blindly call someone that as some throwaway word is sickening.

I have loved and taken care of my fellow man of all ethnicity my whole life. I shared foxholes and tank turrets in conflict with many a young African American, Latin and Asian kids and never saw color. I was assaulted and mugged by 5-6 African Americans while in high school, who left my brother on the ground hit with a baseball bat, I didn't blame their color and go loot the city of Raleigh.

Very frankly I'm pissed that I have been indicted by this movement and the media. I get we have social injustice issues and race issues in this nation, but solving them is not done the way things are being done now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never, Because The Way The Narrative is Being Written is You

Jun 12, 2020, 6:52 PM

Preach on morbidtiger and God bless you for your service to this great nation.

if this was the revolution

Jun 12, 2020, 10:30 PM

we would have surrendered to the british already.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic