Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Can we please drop the "SEC is best top to bottom" BS?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Can we please drop the "SEC is best top to bottom" BS?

Nov 14, 2019, 4:33 PM

This is the RPIs of each ACC team versus each SEC team. I think we can all agree the ACC is one of the worst conferences in America this year and if each team best to worst played each other from the two conferences the result is 7-7. I'm not going to take the time to line up the Big10 or other conferences but this fallacy of the top to bottom power of the SEC needs to stop. Is the top of the SEC great this year? Absolutely! But the bottom is as bad if not worse than any other conference as well. This will show in Bowl Season.

#3 Clemson vs #1 LSU - SEC
#26 WF vs #6 UGA - SEC
#32 UVA vs #7 Alabama - SEC
#34 VT vs #9 Florida - SEC
#39 PITT vs # 12 Auburn - SEC
#41 Louisville vs #27 Texas A&M - SEC
#44 Miami vs #50 Miss St - ACC
#46 FSU vs #65 UT - ACC
#51 UNC vs #70 SCAR - ACC
#68 Duke vs #76 Missouri - ACC
#74 BC vs #81 UK - ACC
#94 Syracuse vs #88 Ole Miss - SEC
#95 GT vs #114 Vandy - ACC
#97 NCST #119 Arkansas - ACC

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can we please drop the "SEC is best top to bottom" BS?

Nov 14, 2019, 4:45 PM

Based on those matchups, 7-7 is the best case scenario. 5-9 or 6-8 would be more likely. 4-10 wouldn’t surprise me.

I don't know, the SEC is mighty tired. I'm thinking 8-4 ACC***

Nov 14, 2019, 5:00 PM

Re: Can we please drop the "SEC is best top to bottom" BS?

Nov 14, 2019, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we please drop the "SEC is best top to bottom" BS? ]

Based on those matchups are you talking about the ACC over the SEC - I think the ACC wins by more based on the last 5 years. The SEC is so over-rated because people like you say they are great because they play each other and therefore they must be great!

Best case scenario is 9-5 ACC***

Nov 14, 2019, 7:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Can we please drop the "SEC is best top to bottom" BS? ]

I don't understand the outrage..this has been happening

Nov 14, 2019, 4:59 PM

every year since the playoff began. I know we all recognize it and agree its laughable but we should be used to this by now. Yes its wrong but its obviously not going to change. It starts on day one of these polls at the beginning of the season. They overload the top 15 with SEC teams in order to ensure they stay in the general vicinity and the ones who win amongst themselves are at the top of the overall poll.

Case in point if Minnesota was undefeated and apart of the sEC they would be in the top 4. It'd be similar to olemiss or miss state being undefeated which they were #1 and #3 in the first ever CFP poll. SEC is going to get preferential treatment. People have been complaining about it for years. It ain't stopping. And if you create an 8 team playoff guess what, its going to be overload with SEC teams as well. Instead of 2 being frustrating to all of us you'll have 4 SEC teams potentially in the playoff.

Re: I don't understand the outrage..this has been happening

Nov 14, 2019, 5:09 PM

eSECpn is all you need to know in order to understand this nonsense.

It would have to be structured to prevent that...

Nov 14, 2019, 5:33 PM [ in reply to I don't understand the outrage..this has been happening ]

Take the five conference champions and make them automatic qualifiers for the CFP. The CFP Committee then has the discretion to select three "at-large" teams. However, no two at-large selections can come from the same conference. Therefore, the total number of teams any one conference can get in the playoffs each year is two. This would eliminate A LOT of the bull$#!7.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: It would have to be structured to prevent that...

Nov 14, 2019, 5:38 PM

What about the bull$#!7 created by a policy that prohibits a second conference team, who is deserving, from getting in the playoff? Seems like the idea of the "at large" is to reward deserving teams. What if one those is a runner up in conference?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It would have to be structured to prevent that...

Nov 14, 2019, 7:07 PM [ in reply to It would have to be structured to prevent that... ]

Nobody should select anything. The criteria for making the playoffs should be set and that’s it. In the NFL it’s possible for three of the four teams in a division to make the playoffs. If that happens so be it.

Bottom of the SEC is bad this year, but

Nov 14, 2019, 5:51 PM

-SEC teams those 2-6 games by anywhere from 2-5 TDs.

-I mostly see either close ACC wins or SEC blowouts.

-I think Tenn is better than FSU right now and i also wouldn't pick BC over Kentucky. BC stinks.

Tennessee that lost to UAB and a 5-4 BYU team that lost to

Nov 14, 2019, 7:20 PM

Toledo?

Yea, but most years the SEC is the best top to bottom.

Nov 14, 2019, 6:12 PM

Easily.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yea, but most years the SEC is the best top to bottom.

Nov 14, 2019, 7:04 PM

Then why over the last 5 years does the ACC have a winning record over the SEC?

Joseph is using the "eye test"***

Nov 14, 2019, 7:13 PM

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic