Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It takes a special type of loser to transfer from a championship caliber
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

It takes a special type of loser to transfer from a championship caliber

May 16, 2018, 10:02 PM

program to a program that sucks as bad as SCar.

That's more of a disgrace to your family than moving closer to home. Heck, my dad would've died or either killed me if I did something that stupid.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It takes a special type of loser to transfer from a championship caliber

May 16, 2018, 10:23 PM

One could also argue that it takes a special type of loser to criticize an 18 year old making a tough decision with the best interest of his family in mind. The kid chose Clemson. Circumstances changed in his life and he had to make a tough choice to go where the needed to be not where he wanted to be. Football might be more important to you than family, which is fine, but to criticize him for taking the opposite view makes you, and the rest of us, look ridiculous.

Thank you.***

May 16, 2018, 10:37 PM

Re: Thank you.***

May 16, 2018, 10:40 PM

x2
well said.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank you.***

May 17, 2018, 7:46 AM

TU and the OP is wrong but...

May 16, 2018, 10:50 PM [ in reply to Re: It takes a special type of loser to transfer from a championship caliber ]

Clemson University to USCe? Really? The OP's point was horribly supported by comparing sports programs but Clemson University towers over USCe in academics. There's no way that isn't a huge step down.

Your TU was awarded for pointing out responsibility over desire. I had the same situation with my youngest son. He and I lived in Cleveland, TN. He was recruited by Penn and offered a full academic ride. He decided I needed him and his choice of college was UTChatt. He was accepted to Virginia and I told him that would be my choice if I was intending on a degree in history and law after but also told him he must make his own decision.

I immediately moved to Dayton Mt. so he wouldn't feel obligated to remain in Cleveland. There's no college within many miles from where I then lived. Since he had to move he chose to come home to Pickens County and attend Clemson. He even paid his first semester out of pocket until his scholarship came through.

Children are our burdens, we shouldn't be theirs. Imo, those parents should have accommodated his obligation and desire to attend Clemson. Parents should always do what's best for their children even if the kids don't like it. That's why God is a father and not a mother.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You have no clue how your situation and Belk’s compares.

May 16, 2018, 11:36 PM

You did what you thought was right, he did his. Dabo was OK with it and that is all that matters.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

catering at all costs to children is what has

May 17, 2018, 6:22 AM [ in reply to TU and the OP is wrong but... ]

created this current generation of helpless snowflakes

I’m impressed that Belk is putting family ahead of himself.

God is the father because he was created by a patriarchal culture but that said, nowhere in the Bible does god take subservience to his children. He’s pretty much a follow my rules or go to hell kind of guy.

His son on earth had to do all kinds of hard things - just imagine how different the gospels would have been if god had followed him around helping and bailing him out.

Do what you feel is right for your own kids but don’t evoke god to criticize this family.

Re: catering at all costs to children is what has

May 17, 2018, 7:10 AM

He could do fake magic tricks. That’s pretty cool though

Re: catering at all costs to children is what has

May 17, 2018, 7:47 AM

It takes a special kind of idiot to say that!

Your theology is scary dude

May 17, 2018, 6:29 PM [ in reply to TU and the OP is wrong but... ]

aside from everything else, I imagine your theology also states that God is also 'the son'. Josh Belk is making a grown-up decision as a son and family member.

Get over yourself and stop projecting yourself all over everyone.

"God is a father and not a mother" --- dude. I think someone needs a hug.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

May 16, 2018, 10:39 PM

Calling a teenager a loser for wanting to be closer to a sick mother is probably not your best decision today.

May 16, 2018, 10:45 PM

He hasn't become a coot yet... Not cool to call him a loser but he's definitely not a tiger

May 16, 2018, 10:47 PM

Sometimes, it’s best to take a step back from your college affiliation with things like this. Just a suggestion.

I took a step back...

May 16, 2018, 10:53 PM

and the mother should have moved to Picken Co to allow the kid to pursue his career and future with a Clemson degree. Reminds me of the Waterboy's mama.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I took a step back...

May 16, 2018, 10:55 PM

Perhaps that wasn’t in the cards for her as it was for you and your son.

Perhaps she couldn’t convince him otherwise, similar to the way you had trouble convincing your son.

May 16, 2018, 11:00 PM [ in reply to Re: It takes a special type of loser to transfer from a championship caliber ]

Being a college football player takes a lot of time and dedication. he's not going to have any more time playing for the Coots then he will for Clemson. If he takes a year off of football I can respect that decision. If he transfers to play for the coots this year that is pretty disgraceful

May 16, 2018, 11:02 PM

Dude. STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOTBALL AFFILIATION. His mother is sick, and until/unless reported otherwise, you have your priorities in the wrong place.

May 16, 2018, 11:08 PM

You are missing my point entirely....do you think he is going to have time to go see his mom once a week playing for the coots? The answer is no. Other than on breaks he simply isn't going to have time to go see his mom playing football. That is a fact. His home town is still an hour away from the USC campus. That's a long commute to make when you have class, have to study, have to work out, have practices, games, etc. I went to college 30 mins away from my home and I only had time to go home maybe once every 2 or 3 weeks. This has nothing to do with college affiliation, just simply facts.

May 16, 2018, 11:10 PM

Do you know the circumstances of the illness?

May 16, 2018, 11:16 PM

Of course not but that shouldn't matter for the point I'm making. I'm glad he appears to have his priorities in order to go spend time with his family and I hope the best for them. I would criticize the decision no matter what school he goes to if he signs to football this season. It would make sense if his family lived in Columbia...maybe they do...but his hometown is an hour away.

May 16, 2018, 11:12 PM [ in reply to Re: It takes a special type of loser to transfer from a championship caliber ]

I don’t think I’m missing your point at all. He wants to be closer to his mother, which makes him feel more comfortable about the situation where she might be quite ill.

And you, along with others, have taken this and run with it to absurd levels. What about our playbook, how
could he do this? He committed to Clemson. SCar is a loser program. He won’t have time. Etc.

Maybe cut the kid a little slack. If my mother was sick, I’d be all over the place with grief and worry. How about just let him figure it out and stop worrying about Clemson football for 2 seconds.

May 16, 2018, 11:19 PM

So it would make you feel so much better to be an hour away and not see her very often vs 2.5 hours away and not see her often? Give me a break, that is a terrible excuse to leave to go play for the Gamecocks. Explain to me how he is going to find time outside of PLAYING FOOTBALL to spend time with family? That is the point you are missing. If he decides to go to Columbia and not play football it makes a lot of sense to make the switch because he could commute to class every day from his home town.

May 16, 2018, 11:24 PM

Im not going to argue with you anymore.

You know nothing of the situation, and are jumping to conclusions without realizing that you’re taking this a bit too personally as it relates to Clemson football.

Here’s hoping Josh and his family are able to do what’s best for them all, and makes them feel best about their future. And hoping they’re ignoring things from folks who just want to question and berate then because they are leaving their favorite football program.

May 16, 2018, 11:27 PM

I honestly dont care he left and I take nothing personally. Hope the best for him. I'm just connecting the dots and they are not lining up.

May 17, 2018, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: It takes a special type of loser to transfer from a championship caliber ]

A912® said:

So it would make you feel so much better to be an hour away and not see her very often vs 2.5 hours away and not see her often? Give me a break, that is a terrible excuse to leave to go play for the Gamecocks. Explain to me how he is going to find time outside of PLAYING FOOTBALL to spend time with family? That is the point you are missing. If he decides to go to Columbia and not play football it makes a lot of sense to make the switch because he could commute to class every day from his home town.”

^^^ You’re pushing a bad position here. I don’t think you really believe what you’re saying here, just trying to win an argument. For whatever reason the kid wants to leave Clemson and we fans need to respect that. I don’t think he made this decision on a whim but likely agonized for weeks over it before pulling the trigger. Appreciate what he’s likely gone through emotionally even if we narcissistic fans can’t fathom why he would want to leave one of the best programs in the country. CDS and staff have handled this very well IMO. Clemson football will be fine and hopefully, so will Josh Belk.

Let’s be honest, if he goes to SCar we’ll feel like they won something. That’s what hurts the most.

May 16, 2018, 11:10 PM [ in reply to Re: It takes a special type of loser to transfer from a championship caliber ]

I love my Tigers and my university as much as anyone . I hate to see him transfer , but why are some of y'all sooo butthurt over something like this ?
It's as if you're personally offended .

May 16, 2018, 11:17 PM

I think most are just in shock that someone who has been on campus for only a few months is leave so quickly. Some on here are taking it personally and that is there right to. Should they? Probably not but they can feel however they want to just like Belk is doing what is best for him and his situation. I do hope his family member does get better soon but with the schedules people keep on talking about I’m curious how he will be able to handle being a student, athlete, and then still help out his family.

May 16, 2018, 11:21 PM

I'm curious about this as well. Props to him if he can do all 3 at once.

May 16, 2018, 11:25 PM

Maybe if he does go to usc jr. he won’t have to worry about practice or lifting since they don’t win that often again power 5 teams.

May 16, 2018, 11:29 PM

Hey, if he comes out and says it I would gain alot of respect for him

May 16, 2018, 11:38 PM

I really hope he doesn’t go to little brother but it just makes to much sense because of the unconditional release. Maybe one day he will elaborate on the situation but I don’t think it will happen anytime soon.

May 16, 2018, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Re: It takes a special type of loser to transfer from a championship caliber ]

And by no means am I trying to justify what people are saying about the kid. Just hope they get some sleep and hopefully be more composed in the morning.

May 16, 2018, 11:32 PM

You sir, are a disgrace for criticizing this young man. Family comes well before college choice. We should all wish Josh and his family the best. Congratulations to CDS for making a thoughtful decision that put the needs of the student-athlete and his family first.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2018, 12:21 AM

Who are you to judge who's a loser? You're a 60 year old man crying about an 18 year old realizing he made the wrong college choice. You'd rather he be miserable for 4 years rather than do what he & his family feel is best? Don't be a sadist.

If he ends up at South Carolina I won't be rooting for him to win, but I'm certainly not going to criticize him for doing what he thinks is right for him and his future.

May 17, 2018, 6:53 AM

You people who think this is on the up and up are not paying attention. Ask yourself this why hire a lawyer to release a statement? It has been put out there that Josh had tried to quit all spring. It doesn’t add up. As others have stated even an hour away getting home would be difficult to juggle when you have school,study,football,weight lifting etc. Not buying it. If his mother’s health is really on his mind why not put it on hold?

May 17, 2018, 7:50 AM

I believe it is you that is the special type of loser by simply making this post.

Even if he really feels like he does,...

May 17, 2018, 8:06 AM

which is still nonsense, it is still odd how he doesn't care about making our fans look bad. Posts like OP's don't help in anyway.

Key words: Circumstances change

May 17, 2018, 8:27 AM

Josh was all-in at Clemson and it was probably one of the most difficult decisions of his life to leave. Point is we don't really know the details. Maybe his mother is not expected to live and he wants to be able to spend as much time with her as he can (such that the extra hour and a half-ish makes a difference). Maybe he's battling depression and it's life-saving for him to return closer to home where he may have more supports. Obviously both of those are speculation and I have no idea what his new circumstances are - the point is that we've been told that his "circumstances changed" and I'm willing to accept that as true. Will it be pleasant to see him lining up against us in 2 or 3 years? No. But I'm pretty sure even if he does it will be with a respect for Clemson that few Gamecocks have. And somewhere some 16 y/o kid and his parents are sharing in that respect for Clemson as well and that may make the difference in us getting the next guy.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Key words: Circumstances change

May 17, 2018, 3:45 PM

It could be that Josh is more home sick than anything else, and it won't be the first time that would have happened. If you get home sick bad enough, no bed is restful!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic