Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Some Vol fans wondering why Page wouldn't want to
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Some Vol fans wondering why Page wouldn't want to

Jul 28, 2020, 9:04 PM

play that big time SEC schedule in prime time vs our glorified high school schedule at noon.

LOL, Noon is THE Tennessee time spot. THey always play at noon. And their SEC schedule of Vandy, Kentucky, South Carolina, Missouri, plus Georgia State (a loss, LOL), Chatanooga and UAB is just not that big of a deal. That should be 6 wins right there, yet UT manages to have losing seasons. How? How do you lose to Vanderbilt four years in a row and talk about weak opponents of other teams.We are on prime time all the time just because of who we are.

Granted, Tennessee plays Bama, but so do we. And we actually beat them or give them a game. Tennessee just flat gets blown out by Bama every time they play. How long has it been since they beat Bama? And talk about a noon slot. That is when they put UT-Bama on now. The games are so bad.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Preach!!

Jul 28, 2020, 9:11 PM

+1

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Preach!!

Jul 28, 2020, 9:23 PM

Betting TLT can tell us some stories. Are they as bad Georgia fans?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I first moved here they had been bad for only

Jul 28, 2020, 10:12 PM

A couple of years. They were still really arrogant. They went through a phase where they were fairly dejected. It really hurt their feelings when Tee and Amari decided to come to Clemson. Now the arrogance is returning....they have a bit of hope again.

Re: When I first moved here they had been bad for only

Jul 28, 2020, 10:18 PM

Lol! Stupid Vols!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When I first moved here they had been bad for only

Jul 29, 2020, 12:57 AM [ in reply to When I first moved here they had been bad for only ]

Well, the hope of a 6-6 season is hope with how little it is, 6-6 keeps the above the coots!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only people worse than UGA are the fighting corn dogs***

Jul 29, 2020, 3:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Preach!! ]

Re: Preach!!

Jul 29, 2020, 9:47 PM [ in reply to Preach!! ]

Pennington said NO THANKS too!

LOL!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so true...great post.***

Jul 28, 2020, 9:13 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Some Vol fans wondering why Page wouldn't want to

Jul 28, 2020, 9:14 PM

Out recruiting UT has led to problems in the past!!’ You young guys don’t know what a pain in the “donkey” they were in the early 80s. I prefer the chickens to them and that is really saying something!

Fulmer was one of the biggest cheats in the business...

Jul 29, 2020, 9:05 AM

and also one of the biggest narks for the NCAA.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Jul 29, 2020, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Some Vol fans wondering why Page wouldn't want to ]

Yep FT. Still have nightmares when I hear the names Coffee and Minor. I think they were both DB recruits as I recall. I can remember Jim Lampleys (sp) halftime report during Penn St and Pitt game.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2020, 11:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Some Vol fans wondering why Page wouldn't want to ]

Yep FT. Still have nightmares when I hear the names Coffee and Minor. I think they were both DB recruits as I recall. I can remember Jim Lampleys (sp) halftime report during Penn St and Pitt game.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It seems that many of their fans are living in the glory days

Jul 28, 2020, 9:19 PM

from 20+ years ago.

The reality is that Tennessee Vols football has fallen far. They haven’t even been close to a top 25 program in a LONG time, much less an elite program.

They aren’t even in the top half of the SEC anymore. In other words, they are a long way from being respectable, and they shouldn’t be surprised to lose a recruit to Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: It seems that many of their fans are living in the glory days

Jul 28, 2020, 9:23 PM

Everyone knows whats’s going on at UT.........nobody wants to wear those pink uniforms.

Jul 28, 2020, 9:25 PM [ in reply to It seems that many of their fans are living in the glory days ]

Very true Judge. Maybe 40 years. That’s a long time to be mediocre, at best! They haven’t been a recruiting powerhouse since Dan left to coach the Tigers DLs!

Jul 28, 2020, 10:20 PM [ in reply to It seems that many of their fans are living in the glory days ]

To summarize Judge Keller’s point... they are competing with UofSC and Vandy in football and can’t figure out why they lose a recruit to Clemson haha!

Jul 29, 2020, 6:27 AM

UT is delusional if they think they would win a head to head recruiting battle against Clemson in 2020.

$$$ was their only hope.

Jul 29, 2020, 6:37 AM

He probably wants a better school, better coaches, better facilities, closer to home, and wants to play for the National Title every year. Other than that, TN would be a great choice.

Tennessee hasn't been relevant for over 13 years...

Jul 29, 2020, 8:57 AM

Similar to uof6c, their fans really do lack self-awareness in addition to a full set of teeth, basic hygiene and intelligence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UT is just not sustainable right now..they might get a high

Jul 29, 2020, 9:06 AM

rated class but i just think half will get in trouble and never play or at some point the team will be liable for probation. You just don't go from 0 to 90 in recruiting in year two without some real shenanigans going on. DAbo built ours by year to year improvements. Ole Miss went from 0 to 100 some years ago and we saw how that turned out. I think in the SEC to out recruit bama or uga you gotta pull out all the stops while hoping not to get caught and i'm pretty sure Pruit has said we either pull out all the stops or i'll be fired in a couple years anyway.

Jul 29, 2020, 9:19 AM

I almost went to UT... so I have a kinda soft spot for the Vols.

That being said, they have a long way to go. They need to find their Bowden... someone to stop their bleeding but their AD/Admin has only kept opening-reopening their would. To make matters worse, Spurrier just wants to troll the Vols at every opportunity - so using the coots to kick the vols when they were down was his life long dream.

However, I think Pruitt *might* be the right person. Maybe better than their Bowden.

UT SHOULD have folded after two games and might have gone 2-10 for the season. How they went 8-5 is beyond me. Pruitt did a "Dabo in 2008" but might be better for pruitt, he overcame his own handicap.

I actually think that UT *could* win the SEC east this year. They won't be the best team but it could be a 2007 style season with Jawja being the best team but second due to UT having a bizarrely good showing. Plus jawja has Bama/Au in the west schedule, UT has Bama/Arky. Florida has LSU/Kiffin. UT might have the best "western" path considering all east being a joke.

Florida is going to win the $-EZ East***

Jul 29, 2020, 9:25 AM

Re: Florida is going to win the $-EZ East***

Jul 29, 2020, 9:40 AM

Likely... if not *should* but the home game against LSU and then @ Ol Miss shouuld be interesting (Pruitt vs Kiffin... Saban run-off game) . Then a bye before Jawja

UT has the easier schedule as all of their "tough games" are padded by "byes" or fluff. OU early in the season is their interesting game but then again, that does not count towards the lEast

Jawja has some spacing but is the toughest of the three.

Lets say Jawja goes 5-3 in the east (drops to Bama, Aub/Coots, Fla)

UT goes 6-2 (drops to Jawja and Bama)

Florida goes 6-2 (drops to LSU/OlMiss and UT)

THAT is UT's path and they host UF early-ish at home. It does not seem unreasonable right now as I think UT could beat Vandy, UK, Coots, Mizzou and Arky. 5 wins should be theirs, they just need to knock off either Jawja or UF and get a little help.

Then again this is UT during the smart phone era so who knows.

Be careful. What goes around comes around. I still

Jul 29, 2020, 10:18 AM

remember Coot coworkers jabbing me with the same stuff when the Ole Ball Sac was in his heyday there. We were mediocre (beginning of Dabo era), and relegated to the noon time slot a lot of the time, while they were playing at 3:30 or later. Fast forward less than ten years, and see how the fortunes have changed.

DO NOT take what we have right now for granted. It can all disappear pretty darn quickly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The arrogance of the SEC is MIND BOTTLING

Jul 29, 2020, 3:45 PM

how about go beat Bama and you can get some croots??

We beat them 44-16 in the natty year before last you twits.

Jul 30, 2020, 8:13 AM

I’ve always thought it was funny when they use those arguments against Clemson, but don’t use them against FSU. FSU has always commanded respect from SEC schools. For some strange reason, they have contempt for Clemson. Maybe if we slam them long enough, they will come around to respect us.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It’s because FSU is more SEC-like than we are.

Jul 30, 2020, 8:33 AM

Subpar academics, disciplinary issues, and win-at-all-costs mentality when it comes to football. That’s the SEC way, not how it’s done in the ACC.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: It’s because FSU is more SEC-like than we are.

Jul 30, 2020, 8:35 AM

It means more though!

Re: It’s because FSU is more SEC-like than we are.

Jul 30, 2020, 9:41 AM

For this past decade, hasn't it been Bama and Clemson as the two top teams in the country according to wins and losses playing against the mighty SEC teams, also against the other teams of the other conferences???

Bama is 3-2 against Clemson, but Bama and Clemson are 2-2 in national championship games....

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2-2 and we are 2-1 in nc games.***

Jul 30, 2020, 11:45 AM

Vol fans are still trying to figure out why they can't catch

Jul 30, 2020, 11:19 AM

Any fish in these cement ponds. Cut them slack.

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic