Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yikes! Biden putting migrants in cages
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 57
| visibility 1

Yikes! Biden putting migrants in cages

Feb 22, 2021, 11:36 PM

This is literally concentration camps. The insanity must stop.

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1364051498506805266?s=21

Looking forward to another staged photo shoot by the #squad

https://twitter.com/chasity010/status/1352991126526054401?s=21

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yikes! Biden putting migrants in cages

This is literally comparable to Nazi Germany

This is literally comparable to Nazi Germany

He deserves criticism for this.***

Feb 22, 2021, 11:57 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2021, 3:07 AM

Think of them as "tiny homes"

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You could have stopped after the part about Biden and

Feb 23, 2021, 6:24 AM

the first tweet. When you post lies like your second tweet, it doesn’t help the credibility of your post.

However I agree this should stop. Their fault for coming across illegally, but we can also house them better.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You could have stopped after the part about Biden and

Feb 23, 2021, 7:13 AM

these are private companies making a fortune from the government warehousing these people. So, I doubt conditions improve here, but the mobile units with AC look a shade better than 20 people sharing a cell and sleeping on mattes on the floor

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL at private companies making a fortune....

Feb 23, 2021, 7:44 AM

It's a competitive bid. If they are privately run facilities, it's still much cheaper than letting .Gov run them.

Re: LOL at private companies making a fortune....

Feb 23, 2021, 9:55 AM

I take it you have never bid on a government project before, it is all good old boy backroom brokering, there is nothing competitive about it. I have been awarded a contract just based on Former colleagues having the final say, and in one occasion asked to raise my price because I was too far below the other bids. On both occasions, I knew I had the work from the onset.

Also understand that they get paid by the inmate, not some flat fee. They fill these places to the brim to maximize profits, and I promise you people are getting fat off this, or they would not bother.

And if you think the profit motive is a good way to go about incarceration, you need to take some time and really think about what that means.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2021, 7:48 AM [ in reply to Re: You could have stopped after the part about Biden and ]

these are private companies making a fortune from the government warehousing these people. So, I doubt conditions improve here, but the mobile units with AC look a shade better than 20 people sharing a cell and sleeping on mattes on the floor

So the new cages are slightly better than the old cages that were built by the Obama/Biden administration? Glad to hear he kind of learned from his past mistakes.

Feb 23, 2021, 7:14 AM [ in reply to You could have stopped after the part about Biden and ]

SO THE 2ND TWEET WAS A LIE. PICTURES DO NOT LIE.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What are you saying old man?

Feb 23, 2021, 7:25 AM

Keep yelling at clouds

Feb 23, 2021, 10:49 AM [ in reply to Re: You could have stopped after the part about Biden and ]

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Except it wasn’t in front of an empty parking lot

Feb 23, 2021, 9:23 PM

like the tweet states. That was a lie

Feb 23, 2021, 7:47 AM [ in reply to You could have stopped after the part about Biden and ]

I don’t know about the content of the tweet. I just wanted to find the ridiculous pictures because they are absolutely hilarious.

Fair enough, carry on then sir***

Feb 23, 2021, 7:59 AM

Feb 23, 2021, 7:46 AM

Man, I wish I had A/C.

It has to stop...

Feb 23, 2021, 7:49 AM

Regardless of who is president. It's wrong.

The sad thing is, you actually want it to happen. You just made your post as some sort of political "gotcha," but you and the rest of the loyal Trumpers actually enjoy this concept of locking kids up.

Don't you?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: It has to stop...

Feb 23, 2021, 7:59 AM

Why don’t you invite them to your house?

Oh, people still use that dumb slogan?

Feb 23, 2021, 8:04 AM

"My inhumanity is excused if you aren't personally inviting them to your house! Unless all of you people will house them, then our government should treat them as inhumanely as possible! Or, at least at levels I enjoy because I have no morals."

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Re: Oh, people still use that dumb slogan?

Feb 23, 2021, 8:12 AM

I never asked anyone to treat anyone inhumanly. I simply want it to NOT be a benefit to cross the border illegally. You know, like it is, in any other country of the world. Asylum rules do not apply when you travel through 3 other countries to get here.

Also, it’s pretty well known that these kids are used by adults to get in our country, and then are left and forgotten. Yet, instead of prosecuting those animals, we are about to reward them with stimulus checks and free healthcare.

Our immigration policies are broken, and the poor kids are a byproduct of lax liberal policies. This is ALL on libs and Dems, 100%.

Feb 23, 2021, 8:43 AM

You seem strikingly uninformed on this. During the Trump admin, ANYONE crossing the border had their kids snatched as a punitive measure. That included those who came here through proper channels to seek asylum.

The "why don't you take them in" is a stupid, stupid, stupid response. It deserves three stupids. And if you aren't denouncing putting kids in cages under any presidential administration, you're condoning it. Same thing.

Feb 23, 2021, 9:11 AM

Actually you are completely informed on this matter. Per usual, your TDS is clouding your brain.

Do you think Trump and his officials said, “I want migrant children to suffer, so I’m going to separate them from their families and throw them in cages”? Of course you do. Because you’re an idiot.

The reality of the situation was that an Obama policy made it a benefit to have a kid with you when crossing the border. It was a policy that had good intentions, but negative consequences. This caused bad people and coyotes to bring a kid with them, whether it was theirs or not. People were trafficking children to the border so they would have an easier time getting in.

Kids were being raped and killled along the way. I read a story about a poor little girl that had multiple men’s ##### in and on her when she arrived at the border. Seriously sick stuff.

Feb 23, 2021, 10:13 AM

Actually you are completely informed on this matter.

I know I am.

Do you think Trump and his officials said, “I want migrant children to suffer, so I’m going to separate them from their families and throw them in cages”? Of course you do.

I know they did because Sessions made it clear this new policy would be a punitive one. The cruelty was the point, and it was meant to frighten immigrants--even legal ones--from coming to America.

With Trump, the cruelty was always the point.

Feb 23, 2021, 10:29 AM

Yep it had nothing do do with children being trafficked because of an Obama era policy.

I could be dramatic too and say that Obama wanted children to be trafficked to the border but I am not a crazy person like you

Feb 23, 2021, 10:29 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh, people still use that dumb slogan? ]

Yep it had nothing do do with children being trafficked because of an Obama era policy.

I could be dramatic too and say that Obama wanted children to be trafficked to the border but I am not a crazy person like you

Feb 23, 2021, 2:44 PM

It absolutely had nothing to do with that. Trump changed the policy to be a punitive one to frighten away all immigrants. Sessions made that very clear in his press conference.

All of you advocating for this have been told repeatedly what the intent and practice of it was, and continue to intentionally ignore it.

Also, shame on you HuntClub for pretending to be a Christian and clicking TU on posts like this.

Feb 23, 2021, 10:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Oh, people still use that dumb slogan? ]

Also, why do you think illegal aliens deserve to be treated better than American citizens?

If you do something illegal and your kid is with you, guess what happens?

Well, this just drips of stupid

Feb 23, 2021, 2:43 PM

Also, why do you think illegal aliens deserve to be treated better than American citizens?

What is this weird straw man of a question? If by "treated better," you mean not tossing the kids in cages, then sure.

What exactly do you define as "treated better"? Because it sounds like you mean "treated better" to mean "not being cruel," which is what you support.

If you do something illegal and your kid is with you, guess what happens?

If I commit a misdemeanor--which is what crossing the border illegally ####### is--I MIGHT be arrested and taken to jail, or I might be given a ticket. If the former, my kid isn't tossed into a cage where he has to rely on toddlers to change his diapers or remain separated from me for months or years.

Grow up, Mountaineers.

Feb 23, 2021, 8:06 AM [ in reply to It has to stop... ]

Haha. There goes crazy catahoula again accusing trump supporters enjoying kids being locked up.

You are psychotic.

No I don’t enjoy kids being locked up. I’m just treating Biden in the same delusional and hysterical way you all treated trump.

The mass deportations and locking kids in cages was fine under Obama, not fine under trump, and now Biden is doing it again.

What is your solution cata? Should we build luxury suites to house these migrants? Should we have no border and let them all flow through in impeded with no cap?

Feb 23, 2021, 8:44 AM

No, you're not. You're being flippant because you think those who spoke out against the Trump admin doing it won't do it here.

You do support it because you haven't called for change, you've cracked jokes about it, and defend it.

I don't pretend to have the solution to immigration, but I do know no one has to put kids in cages. Particularly as a punitive measure like the Trump admin did.

Feb 23, 2021, 8:48 AM

I dont think any of us know the answer but we could start with:

1. Crack down on big business giving them incentives to come here.

2. Crack down on our government giving them incentives to come here.

I can remember when we all blamed big business for illegal aliens crossing the border, now I don't think we can do that honestly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2021, 9:04 AM

I think the solution is pretty simple. Make sure the world understands we have laws and will enforce them. Make sure they understand our border is a dead end and wasted trip unless you come the legal way. Why is that so hard? We had a president that understood that and tried to stop it but was resisted at every turn. Now we again wonder why we still have a border crisis.

What big business incentivizes them to come here

Feb 23, 2021, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: It has to stop... ]

and hires them? I agree with the government part. Not saying you’re wrong about the big business piece, but I have a hard time believing many large corporations would risk hiring illegals, I always thought they worked for more of the smaller contractor or farmer or other small business.

Feb 23, 2021, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: It has to stop... ]

You don’t have a solution or any ideas. But you are really quick to cry and complain about it. That’s because there is no good ideas to end this. It’s either build luxury suites with tax payer money or let them flow through the border unimpeded.

And the fact that you think the media or democrats will cover this the same way really just shows how far your head is in the sand.

Do you think AOC and her cohorts will coordinate dressed in all white, throw some red lipstick and makeup on to go fake cry in front of a fence?

Feb 23, 2021, 8:57 AM

AOC may very well do that. I think she is a lot of things but hypocrite isn't one of them.

I do NOT think the media will cover it with the same intensity they did during Trump.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 23, 2021, 9:18 AM

I can agree with her not being a hypocrite. That is rare these days in politics.

But I seriously doubt she does the staged photo shoot. Haha

Feb 23, 2021, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Re: It has to stop... ]

It's bad regardless, but is the Biden admin using it as a purely punitive measure like Trump did? That's why it got such bad publicity.

Feb 23, 2021, 11:20 AM

Agree to disagree. If it's wrong to put kids in cages, it's wrong. Rather or not it's a punitive measure.

Feb 23, 2021, 2:45 PM

And I 100 percent agree with you. Trump's admin, however, escalated the tactic and made it even worse and more inhumane.

Feb 23, 2021, 2:48 PM

I guess I'm lost as to how a kid being in a cage was any more inhumane with Trump than it is now.

Feb 23, 2021, 2:50 PM

I swear to me this is close to whataboutism and close to defending it under Biden. Maybe I'm totally misreading what you're saying. (Take it easy, remember I don't understand as clearly as I once did)

How am I defending it under Biden?

Feb 23, 2021, 2:53 PM

Didn't I just say in this thread that this has to stop? I've also said shame on Biden in previous threads if he doesn't end this ####.

My understanding is that it isn't being continued in the same way Trump's was. I'm still opposed to the concept altogether.

Re: How am I defending it under Biden?

Feb 23, 2021, 3:11 PM

I don't see how it's no longer continued, if in fact a kid is left In a cage. Maybe the amount of kids have changed, but one kid is one too many.

(One of your first posts on this subject mentions ANYONE crossing the border was subject to having their kids snatched away. That part may now be changed, but kids are still being put in cages. )

One kid or 1000 kids, it should NOT be happening. I'm not going to give Biden a pass because he isn't being as evil as Trump was on this issue.

Agreed.***

Feb 23, 2021, 3:18 PM

Re: How am I defending it under Biden?

Feb 23, 2021, 3:13 PM [ in reply to How am I defending it under Biden? ]

I didnt say you defended Biden, I said it was close to defending Biden.

The argument comes across as well, Trump put more kids in cages than Biden has therefore I'll bash Trump instead of what is going on currently. I may very well be wrong tho so apologies.

Feb 23, 2021, 2:52 PM [ in reply to Re: It has to stop... ]

The previous policy took kids who weren't with parents and then tried to place them with family. It wasn't humane, but at least they tried to get them out of the situation as fast as they could. This was generally applied to kids who were legitimately being used as pawns by illegal crossers who weren't their parents.

Trump took the policy and altered it to discourage ALL immigration. Under his system, it was made clear that it was punitive for ANY immigrant attempting to cross, and that the kids would be taken even if they were legitimately with parents. That meant immigrants who tried to lawfully enter through asylum checkpoints with children had their kids stripped from them.

Trump took a bad policy that was being used as a temporary solution and altered it to punish/deter parents, not get kids into the hands of actual family members.

Feb 23, 2021, 10:14 AM [ in reply to Re: It has to stop... ]

Well, you support putting kids in cages and separating them from their parents, so I have that one up on you.

Pretty sad lack of integrity and morality. Please don't ever claim to be a Christian.

Feb 23, 2021, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: It has to stop... ]

No, you're not. You're being flippant because you think those who spoke out against the Trump admin doing it won't do it here.

You do support it because you haven't called for change, you've cracked jokes about it, and defend it.

I don't pretend to have the solution to immigration, but I do know no one has to put kids in cages. Particularly as a punitive measure like the Trump admin did.

The change would be to let migrants across the world know the only way they are getting in is if they come the legal way. Just like most countries.

How many times...

Feb 23, 2021, 2:48 PM

Do you people have to be told that immigrants who tried to enter legally at asylum entry points had their kids taken from them and put in cages before you actually get it?

Address that point. This happened under the Trump admin's new policy. If you can't address it right now, it's a simple admission of partisan hackery and your embracing of an inhumane policy.

Re: How many times...

Feb 23, 2021, 4:09 PM

So what do you do about the child trafficking?

Also when you cross over multiple countries you aren’t seeking asylum.

Re: How many times...

Feb 23, 2021, 5:10 PM

So what do you do about the child trafficking?

The logic you and others like you employ is that in order to stop child trafficking, we must use a broad, sweeping practice that ensnares legitimate immigrants and their children, tearing families apart, just to stop the trafficking. This logic is stupid, inhumane, and non-sensical. That would be like going into a poor, high-crime neighborhood and arresting every single adult while stripping them of their kids in hopes that you catch the drug dealers. Innocent people be ######.

You can fight trafficking without tearing actual children from their mothers. And you know you can.

See? You support this practice.

Also when you cross over multiple countries you aren’t seeking asylum.

Yes, you can be.

Feb 23, 2021, 8:35 AM [ in reply to It has to stop... ]

Can you agree this is bad without trying to do a gotcha and bash Trump people?

This isn't about Trump or his fans.

It's wrong, no matter who is president and leave it at that.

Feb 23, 2021, 8:42 AM

Check twitter. It's sickening watching some on my side of the aisle doing the gymnastics to make it a-ok now that dems are in control.

water is wet***

Feb 23, 2021, 8:55 AM

this is so rich

Feb 23, 2021, 9:20 PM

Democrats ruin everything they touch.

Iran back to shenanigans
Rockets being launched in Iraq
Tension in China Sea
Hoards to migrants trying to get into the US

At the very least, Trump kept people in check and his loose cannon attitude was a positive attribute at times.

but his mean tweets!!***

Feb 23, 2021, 10:48 AM

Do you think Biden is supporting

Feb 23, 2021, 9:01 PM

Medical experiments conducted on the immigrants? Heard there's a lot of "new" COVID vaccine being shipped to these areas.

Replies: 57
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic