Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anita Dunn - Mao Zedong
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,127

Anita Dunn - Mao Zedong

Jan 17, 2021, 8:47 PM

you just can't make this stuff up! She praises the philosophy of Mao Zedong! Zedong did a pretty good job for China...as long as you don't ask one of the 40 million people he murdered or starved to death.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Is this the new thing

Jan 17, 2021, 8:57 PM

every time Biden announces a cabinet member, right-wing media is going to find a way to tie them to China?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I haven't checked the above, but there doesn't seem to be

Jan 17, 2021, 9:04 PM

anything wrong in making the attachment they make themselves. I would have to check the word "philosophy" but if she praised that she is per se disqualified from a cabinet post on simple stupidity.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

She claims she was quoting Lee Atwater

Jan 17, 2021, 10:45 PM

It is like the cold war all over again. Are we seriously going to spend the next 4 years calling the Biden admin communists, because that would be an utter absurdity? And we have already seen where lies lead this country. Honestly, it is getting old at this point.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dont know. But we crossed the "are we going to spend the

Jan 18, 2021, 10:00 AM

next four years cancelling this administration" some time back. Each side thinks they do it righteously. So, I think the answer is yes. If she said that about Mao (as soon as she was called on it her office got to work on whatabout), for her its legit.

Serious question: did you say on this board that it was absurd to spend 3 years chasing collusion charges that were known to be politically manufactured, only to immediately pivot to a conversation between him and a Russian govt official that every incoming president makes, that then pivoted to a parsing of exactly what was said on the call? Did you call that absurd?

I am as gulty as anyone. However, I have said many times on this board that (1) I voted for him neither time, (2) I am glad he lost the election, and (3) that the nullification of his democratic election is perhaps the most permanently divisive thing we have seen in our lifetimes.

We recognize the damage we do only when someone does it to us. The left cant be like the defensive back holding his hands us: "I didnt do nothing!" The rift has been created, I think. Rather than pining away for unity - except when their guy is in office - we're going to have to live with it, I think.

Re: Is this the new thing

Jan 17, 2021, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Is this the new thing ]

Russia!!!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2021, 6:24 AM

Good nazis in Charlottesville. My dentist still believes Trump said that! I thought dentists could read?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2021, 8:14 AM [ in reply to Is this the new thing ]

Dunn tied herself to China, Bozo! Were you asleep during Obummer's administration when she left under pressure?

Re: Anita Dunn - Mao Zedong

Jan 18, 2021, 6:46 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2FVEe7wCzs

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2021, 7:23 AM

How did she get that stupid? Serious question.

Jan 18, 2021, 8:39 AM

Please allow me to make two points that you might miss if you read ONLY the headlines and which took me less than two minutes to clarify.

1. This quote is from 12 years ago.

2. The importance of context. ms dunn is saying that there is one particular part of mao's philosophy that she found worthwhile. Perhaps it is germane to wonder what particular point that was. Here is the quote:

"The third lesson and tip actually comes from two of my favorite political philosophers - Mao Tse Tung and Mother Teresa, not often coupled with each other, but the two people that I turn to most to basically deliver a simple point, which is, you're going to make choices. You're going to challenge. You're going to say, "Why not?". You're going to figure out how to do things that have never been done before. But here's the deal: These are your choices, they are no one else's.

In 1947, when Mao Zedong was being challenged within his own party on his plan to basically take China over. Chiang Kai-shek and the Nationalist Chinese held the cities, they had the army, they had the air force, they had everything on their side. And people said, "How can you win? How can you do this? How can you do this, against all of the odds against you?" And Mao Zedong said, you know, "You fight your war, and I'll fight mine."

And think about that for a second. You don't have to accept the definition of how to do things and you don't have to follow other peoples choices and paths. Ok? It is about your choices and your path. You fight your own war, you lay out your own path, you figure out what's right for you. You don't let external definition define how good you are internally, you fight your war, you let them fight theirs. Everybody has their own path."

I don't know about you, but it seems to me that her point was rugged American individualism - that you can accomplish anything that you set your mind to - to not let others define who you are or who you want to be.

If THAT sounds like dangerous communism to you, then perhaps we all need to redefine our terms.

Context is a great antidote for reactionary ignorance.

Jan 18, 2021, 9:29 AM

Thanks for posting.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Context is a great antidote for reactionary ignorance.

Jan 18, 2021, 3:02 PM

We understand context but there’s just some areas an American should just avoid.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,127
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic