Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is there any U.S. law more worthless and toothless than the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Is there any U.S. law more worthless and toothless than the

Nov 23, 2020, 11:21 AM

National "Do Not Call" law? Telemarketers wholesale ignore it. Sure, they will usually hang up if you mention it, but, dammitall, I have been registered since the inception of this law, so my phone number should not be winding up on call lists to begin with. Especially this time of year, between the Medicare commercials on TV and the unwanted phone calls, there is no escape. &^%$#@!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is there any U.S. law more worthless and toothless than the

Nov 23, 2020, 11:31 AM

I agree with you on this. I’ve used profane words I had forgotten that I knew dealing with this crowd. There is no end to this I fear. Oddly, ninety percent don’t speak the English that I was taught. How can a guy in Jamaica help me?
When I told the last guy who wanted me to buy a new warranty for my car that I had 1972 Datsun, he hung up on me,

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When They Call I Just Try to Have Phone Sex With Them

Nov 23, 2020, 11:32 AM

They are not good at it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: When They Call I Just Try to Have Phone Sex With Them

Nov 23, 2020, 11:40 AM

Nice Avatar

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Nov 23, 2020, 11:35 AM

Like many others, I remember the days of a single home phone, only James Bond had a car phone and Maxwell Smart had a shoe phone. You were living large if you had an extra long cord, and no one called after 9:00. If you called and no-one answered, you simply called back later. Good Times.

Oh, the Robocall machines will definitely call back later.

Nov 23, 2020, 11:38 AM

For days and weeks at a time. I can block 250 phone numbers, but since the machines "spoof" fake numbers now, even this doesn't help.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 9:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Is there any U.S. law more worthless and toothless than the ]

Don’t forget Frank Cannon in his Lincoln with the car phone....

And #### Tracy had a wrist phone

Nov 24, 2020, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Is there any U.S. law more worthless and toothless than the ]

Yeah! C'mon!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, about the only thing you can do is f&ck with em... the

Nov 23, 2020, 11:42 AM

few times I actually answer a call not in my Contacts, I start speaking my own made up Chinese gibberish that has no meaning... LOL

"Could I please speak with William?"

"Hoing chao chi wong sai mi? Yang ti wao?"

"Uh... is this William?"

"Ching yak wo sung...ying tai waki ma?"

"Uhmmm... OK. Does anyone in the house speak English?"

(Now I get agitated) "YONG DI ME CHI AKI!! KO SUM CHANG YOK!!!!"

Depending on how big a buzz I have and my mood, I can stretch this out a while before they hang up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

oh man! i do that too.

Nov 23, 2020, 12:01 PM

I've perfected my profanity too. it's a blast.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A guy I knew used to play along

Nov 24, 2020, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Yeah, about the only thing you can do is f&ck with em... the ]

with them as if he was actually interested while acting like the best Jed Clampett- “Whee doggies! You mean I can get a plastic card that that I can buy anything I want with - tell me more about that thang”. He kept them on the line as long as he could to see how frustrated they would get.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You've caught me on a day that "Amazon" is calling me

Nov 23, 2020, 11:57 AM

and telling me that my account was compromised... I don't have an Amazon Account. I played along being a complete jerk and frustrating the Asian Indian guy so much he hung up on me! Ha! It gets a lot of frustration out that I would have otherwise used on someone else. Probably a pour family member in the next couple of days. I've turned it in to therapy. It's actually quite fun trying to see at what point I'm playing them.

The SS Administration called last week! Man that was good times...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You've caught me on a day that "Amazon" is calling me

Nov 23, 2020, 12:32 PM

Just answer with "FBI, Special Agent........., how may I be of assistance?" Dead silence. Gone.

I must be living right. Or maybe wrong...

Nov 24, 2020, 9:34 PM

I get NO telemarketing calls and am disappointed. I miss wasting their time and using them for my amusement as many of you seem to be doing so well. Even the credit card junk mail offers have stopped including prepaid envelopes so I cannot send junk mail back to them.

Learned a long time ago to make it easy on myself;

Nov 23, 2020, 12:29 PM

thus, I never answer unless I know the caller, and that depends on whether or not I feel like answering!

Friends and family have said, "What if it's an emergency?" My reply, "Call the cops......." lol

"Hello?"

Nov 23, 2020, 12:36 PM

"No."

"No."

"No."

"No."

Until they hang up, which is pretty quickly. Anything resembling a yes or positive answer to any question can be recorded and used against you, so this is the route I take today.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 9:06 PM

I tell them I'm hard of hearing but if thy will leave their phone number I'll have my lawyer contact them. They hang up in a hurry.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 9:24 PM

works just fine for me, I politely tell them to take me off the list and they never call back. amazing huh?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2020, 9:36 PM

The best line I heard was to whisper “It’s done but there is blood everywhere.” That should do it.

Nov 24, 2020, 9:42 PM

it is just some poor dude in india that has no control over the call. If you are really nice to them they will apologise and tell you that it was their Pleasure to remove you from the stupid call list.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic