Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is the best still yet to be??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Is the best still yet to be??

Jan 12, 2019, 9:54 PM

Or was that it?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What do you think? Do you not have confidence in Dabo yet!!***

Jan 12, 2019, 9:56 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is the best still yet to be??

Jan 12, 2019, 9:57 PM

I think Dabo and company have more titles coming.

Jan 12, 2019, 10:03 PM

Yep!

Jan 12, 2019, 10:02 PM

Don’t think we’re gonna see 16 games anytime soon. So, there will only ever be one team to be the first to ever go 15-0. So I’d say this team reached the pinnacle!!!!

But, Dabo always says it’s staying there. Back to back nattys puts the new crop of seniors in a totally different discussion as the b o t b.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, if that was it, I'd be happy.

Jan 12, 2019, 10:08 PM

Everything else is gravy. Lucious, succulent, juicy gravy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

1981 Natty to 2016 felt like forever! But, No CU not done

Jan 12, 2019, 11:02 PM

Clemson isn't done cementing it's rightful place among the elite of college football! Nothing last forever says the pessimist! And, that's true! We won't always win it; but as long as coach Swinney is here we will be a consistent winner!

Big thing nobody is talking about: Somebody frame this for me because I might ramble with it. But, here goes:
""The kids who are witnessing what Clemson has done the past 7-8 years "did not grow up thinking Notre Dame, Michigan, Souther Cal and Miami are supposed to be blue bloods of the sport. I think some of the before mentioned schools could get a recruit to sign just on NAME ALONE. No matter if they are currently contending or not. That whole POV has shifted and kids want to be a part of what's going on at CU. What would help sustain this is; in the unlikely case Coach Swinney leaves the program he restored to full lustier; we bring in someone who understands how we win! Culture and doing it the right way and recruiting at a high level. We have the type of clout now to be able to get who we want; so making a good hire would be critical. But, hopefully, that's a long long time away from having to be done. There are kids now who are about to be freshmen in H>S. who want to be Clemson Tigers! Not Buckeyes, Not Wolverines, Not Gators, Not Trojans or Leprechauns(Irish). It bodes well for the continued success of our program for years to come. This thing at this point takes care of itself as far as being able to pick and choose who you let in the program! From coaches to players! It's just a matter of managing it and keeping it up and not settling; because that's when other lesser programs catch you! Complacency won't be a problem under this staff! They seem to really enjoy the process. The journey if you will more than anything. Coach Swinney at one point when talking about the season seemed to get lost in thinking about specific moments throughout the season. Really showed me how much he loves the grind and the development. The shaping and molding of young people and a team! We here to stay in short and b/c of our success we are set up in people's minds for success for years to come! As we are this generations: ND, Mich, So Cal, etc.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1981 Natty to 2016 felt like forever! But, No CU not done

Jan 13, 2019, 3:09 AM

Nice post HillRockTiger!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

Jan 12, 2019, 11:07 PM

nope

Jan 13, 2019, 2:50 AM

The best is a work in progress … Enjoy it!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2019, 3:08 AM

Yes - Dabo says it is - and I believe him!!

If people were as good as their obituary - and products were as good as advertised - this would truly be a wonderful world !!

I hate to be this way but...

Jan 13, 2019, 6:36 AM

we're at the top of the mountain at 15-0. We've curb stomped every team we've seen since Trevor took center stage. We could drop off a lot and still go 15-0 next year if we keep a our players healthy at certain positions and if we do but have a 10% reduction in productivity we'd still go 15-0.

Still, I can't say it's as good as it gets but I need some help. Can we make a list of things which would make next year better? I started out on this board about the time Dabo became Sheriff and I was a sunshine pumper then. At this point I'll believe anything about Clemson Football and Dabo Swinney so use your imagination cause only a few of us did when he showed up as head coach that day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2019, 8:01 AM

Dabo said it again in his speech on Saturday at the celebration. "The best is yet to come". I love it! These are certainly special times. Times that other teams and their fans can only dream of.

Jan 13, 2019, 8:18 AM

The best is yet to come because next year we will be 15-0 and Trevor and company will win all the personal awards.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We're just gettin' warmed up.***

Jan 13, 2019, 8:38 AM

Re: We're just gettin' warmed up.***

Jan 13, 2019, 8:51 AM

I totally agree! It is hard to consider this when
you look at all that Dabo and Company have accomplished.
Let's take a look at the potential product that could be delivered
on the field in 2020, when TL is a junior, this should be one of the best offenses ever.

Put this along with continued defensive developemnt by Coach V, as
well as, improvement on special teams. I think that the best is
still yet to come.

GO TIGERS!

Nope, next year Heisman and Natty

Jan 13, 2019, 8:58 AM

Also, maybe we’ll be fortunate enough to get UGA in the Natty. How sweet would that be to win it against the mutts?!

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic