Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is it the media’s job to ask the easy questions?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Is it the media’s job to ask the easy questions?

Oct 25, 2020, 8:45 AM

I thought Dabo’s semi-rant was a little bit out of the blue, and not at all the tone of the interview...

but after hearing Trevors interview (after he comes off a 2td 1int 250+yd game with 65% completions), opening set of questions were:
1. what do you think of teams performance and what do you have to do better going forward
2. grade your performance
3. (few Qs later without any mention of the TD). take me through the pick 6.

those type things make me wonder about this idea that perhaps the fanboys in media are the ones just as spoiled as everyone else. adults are asking a 20yr old athlete repeatedly to grade himself on his performance and why he didnt do better... i think media shares in culpability here.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is it the media’s job to ask the easy questions?

Oct 25, 2020, 8:48 AM

my point being... if dabo had heard the trevor interview and subsequently undressed the media, it was deserved

if it were my team, id limit player interviews from here on out. not needed, and becoming too much

I didn’t see the interviews, but by what you typed, I’m not sure

Oct 25, 2020, 8:51 AM

what the issue is. TL is a year away from possibly leading an NFL team. Those don’t read like questions that he should be shielded from?

null

Oct 25, 2020, 8:59 AM

The media sucks today.
They don't report news. They try to create winners and losers.

Oct 25, 2020, 10:20 AM

I agree.

Trevor has been so good that his mistakes are more

Oct 25, 2020, 10:31 AM

newsworthy than his (relatively) minor successes. Everyone expects him to throw TD passes now. They don't expect him to miss a bunch of throws, throw a pick-6, and have easily his worst game of the season against a very bad and depleted Syracuse team that gave up 38 points in each of the last two weeks to Liberty and a hapless Duke offense.

Duke put up 645 yards against this Cuse D and Liberty had 520. Both of those teams had well over 300 yards rushing and averaged 5.8 and 7.0 yards per carry, respectively. Clemson managed just 455 yards, 147 on the ground, and a paltry 4.0 yards per carry.

By far the biggest stories coming out of this game are the struggles of Trevor Lawrence and the Clemson offense as a whole against a bad Syracuse defense. I don't see why the media shouldn't be allowed to ask questions about the biggest storylines from the game. If you want to protect Trevor from having to answer any negative or potentially uncomfortable questions, then don't make him available to the media. Of course that do nothing to prepare him for next year when he's going to be the franchise QB on a (likely) struggling football team in a (likely) big market city with tougher media asking him tougher questions.

Oct 25, 2020, 12:18 PM

In todays market reporters want clicks anyway they can get them. Sadly, the days of intelligent questions are long gone, and not just in sports. I liked Dabo's 'rant', he didn't say anything that wasn't the truth.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic