Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So many
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

So many

Jun 9, 2020, 6:15 AM

People arguing to keep the names of violent racists and slave owners on buildings for the sake of being true to history without any regard to how black students/faculty may feel about these tributes to their oppression. So worried about how much you will have to give in and change to satisfy black people. Never recognizing the privilege of having almost everything revolve around your views at Clemson. Black students contribute much to Clemson and their voices need to be heard. Stubborn resistance to racial progress/change is a hallmark of the south. Don’t make Clemson a leader of the resistance but a beacon of hope for progress. Don’t always be on the wrong side of history when it comes to racial issues. Without the black players on the football team that you all love so much Clemson would not have had the success of the last few years. Acting like providing those players with an environment where they feel valued, equal, and heard is some major sacrifice is ridiculous. If changing the name of a building can do that so what. Right now those working against Clemson are giddy at the thought of making the school a symbol of racism just to reduce its success in football. If holding on to a racist past is that important in today’s climate, Clemson may end up sacrificing more than the name on a building . If the south will rise again, at least rise without being racist this time.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is everybody okay with me going to the grocery....

Jun 9, 2020, 7:41 AM

today? I want to make sure nothing I do is perceived offensive to anybody...

I am on the "right side" of history on this, standing up for black lives.

Not arguing against any ideas you are saying, but we cannot dictate solutions to make everybody completely, and 100% happy and comfortable,

The list would never end and would be as diverse as our beautiful country.

How about we take a breath and listen and step off the soap box and quit judging everybody.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is everybody okay with me going to the grocery....

Jun 9, 2020, 8:55 AM

Instead of never giving in because of fear of giving too much, just get started. As of today, very little sacrifice has been made to ensure blacks are not marginalized by holding onto racist history at Clemson.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't disagree at all with that...

Jun 9, 2020, 9:03 AM

my argument is not about not giving ground. I think that is needed. My caution is to to give up ground on things of substance. We need to logically think through what we are doing and why.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic