Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog: ACC Tournament Preview
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,421

Mickey Plyler's Blog: ACC Tournament Preview

May 22, 2013, 10:52 AM

ACC Tournament Preview

ACC Tournament Preview
Tonight Clemson opens play in the ACC baseball tournament in Durham (instead of Greenville, where it should be). For some unknown reason the ACC has selected pool play for its tournament format. Clemson is in the same pool as NC State, North Carolina and Miami.

T

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yikes, not having Crownover greatly diminishes

May 22, 2013, 10:59 AM

Clemson's chances of making it to the Champ game. Leaves us with really only one quality starter, Gossett.

Re: Yikes, not having Crownover greatly diminishes

May 22, 2013, 11:26 AM

erwin is solid enough and clate schmidt has shown flashes. I would love to see Leggett go with Meyer (seems like he pitches well against the Pack) tonight and save Gossett for tomorrow but I'm a fan and not the head coach.

Re: Yikes, not having Crownover greatly diminishes

May 22, 2013, 12:13 PM

Schmidt was lights out at FSU and I would love to see him repeat that this week. Not sure about your Meyer idea. Hasn't gone more than a few innings in quite a while.

A few things

May 22, 2013, 12:25 PM

Hating on the ACC is fun but this year there is very little to complain about for Clemson.
The round robin allows us to play 2 top 10 rpi teams and another top 25 rpi team. A double elimination tournament only guarantees 2 games. Even if we lose the first 2 we can possibly beat Miami and secure a regional host because that is a quality win. Even if UNC or NC State lose all 3 games we are guaranteed to play them in this format, giving us an extra rpi booster.
The max 4 game tournament saves pitching that we will need to have ready by next Friday whether we host or not. The 5th place team in the SEC could potentially have to play 6 or 7 games to win the tournament and then try to turn around and be ready for a regional in 5 days.
Most conferences are going to the run rule that you make fun of in their tournament. I like the idea of being able to win a game 10-0 and save the bullpen for the following day in tournament play.

This format may not always be great but this year with Clemson's situation it sets up very nicely for us with three chances for quality wins to boost our post season possibilities. I believe this blog has poor timing.

Clarification on tie breaker

May 22, 2013, 1:22 PM

According to a newspaper article I read this afternoon, a three way tie would be settled with the best winning percentage in the conference from the regular season. Since this is the case, if Clemson lost tonight against NCSU and the Wolfpack beats Miami Thursday, then Clemson could not advance based upon the two team and three team tie breakers. Nothing like two meaningless games in a tournament.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is crownover officially out?

May 22, 2013, 1:34 PM

this is the first I've heard of it

Re: Is crownover officially out?

May 22, 2013, 1:59 PM

No but they are going to try to hold him out if possible.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,421
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic