Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is changing your mind the same thing as lack of integrity?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,616

Is changing your mind the same thing as lack of integrity?

Jan 8, 2013, 1:02 PM

No flame, just a question.

These kids, let's remember that, change their minds- is it so awful? At least they told the Clemson coaches well before signing day. I think it's worse to flip on signing day. Even still, one or two (or five for that matter) recruits do not make or brake a class. Plus, I don't hear anyone questioning a kid when he flips to Clemson. In 2011 when Spencer Region flipped, I didn't see anyone questioning his morals. And what has Region gone on to become? A third string guard?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's a thought....

Jan 8, 2013, 1:10 PM

how about not committing to anyone until you have made a firm decision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Agree. Changing your mind =/= breaking commitments

Jan 8, 2013, 1:13 PM

Is a cheater really unfaithful to their spouse? YESSS!!!

Re: Here's a thought....

Jan 8, 2013, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Here's a thought.... ]

i hope not because i change my mind about a lot of things all the time.

Re: Here's a thought....

Jan 8, 2013, 4:27 PM

I don't think the inference is that if you change your mind about which restaurant to got to, etc. that you are somewhat "undecided" in your approach to important things. Otherwise, it probably means that you don't have a real set of "core values" which would guide you in your decision making process on those things that are really important in your life.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are only as good as your word

Jan 8, 2013, 1:14 PM

with recruits they have been wined and dined over years, so its not a split second decision

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is changing your mind the same thing as lack of integrity?

Jan 8, 2013, 1:18 PM

1. no, people change their minds........i have no problem with it.....does it tick me off sometimes when it doesn't work in our favor? yes, but not gonna knock a kid for it

2. and to the comment of (1,2, 5 don't make or break a class).........depending on who they are yes they can

3. I think most fans get "up in arms" about the 4 and 5star players.........spencer region was an average 3star lineman that was VERY BIG......i didn't expect him to come in and change the face of our Oline

Jan 8, 2013, 4:29 PM

pheebo, great post and very accurate. Thanks

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2013, 1:27 PM

It takes these coaches years to build relationships with the young men and when you are recruiting on need then decommitting a month before signing day then yeah there is a problem with it and I have a problem with it. Coaches move on to fill other needs but if you hadn't of spewed crap out of their mouths by committing and let the coaches know you aren't sure or haven't made up your mind then that allows them to recruit other guys at that same position... I just think its a punk move by Ryan Jenkins, he said that him and the knew TN coach had built a great relationship well how about the relationship you built with the Clemson coaches you know you hanging around the Clemson campus since your brothers been here isn't no ### way you built a better one with Butch Jones than with Dabo and Co. just admit that your like a school girl on the first day of school trying to figure out what skirt you want to wear.. Don't care he decommitted just when he decommitted I think it is a BIATCH move and I have no ### respect for people like that. Have fun looking up at about the whole SEC's nuts while your at TN. #YourDumbazzLoss

Jan 8, 2013, 1:29 PM

The short answer is NO. Don't forget, however, that the real answer is much more complex than that. These athletes are treated better than most students and that's before they ever arrive on campus. They know all about the schools and all about the teams. A guy like "D Rob" or "Kemd" is the knid of athlete that gives them all a bad name because you certainly don't see any bad publicity around Gallman or any of the other athletes that commit and get on with life. A month before signing day (or two days before classes start) is the same result. All of the time, effort, money, and attention given to that "committed" athlete is wasted and now you are left searching for another player that is willing to fill the void. It's kinda of like the coach that is the second or third option and takes the job because the first three turned it down. Soemtimes you get a great hire and sometimes you dont. It is late in the game and if we pick up someone else that was committed elsewhere the chain reaction continues. The cost to the schools is enormous and "national signing day" has become a joke and a glorified way for people to make a profit on the decisions of teenagers.

Perhaps its time to seriously consider a early signing period and damage control some of this maddness.

If you "commit" then yes.

Jan 8, 2013, 1:44 PM

A commitment is a statement that you are certain that you want to do this for the long haul. If you're not sure, then don't commit. Make your decision wisely, and commit when you're ready. Too many of these kids are pressured to say they are going to one school over another before they've had a chance to weigh the options.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In this case, yes. Each kid has sat across from a coach and

Jan 8, 2013, 2:14 PM

said, "Yes, I will commit to signing an LOI with your school in February." (Yes, even the ones that flip to Clemson have shown a lack of integrity.)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In this case, yes. Each kid has sat across from a coach and

Jan 8, 2013, 4:34 PM

Then why don't we change the recruiting rules and have an early signing period right after a commitment. If you are committed, then sign the LOI and it is over. Otherwise, it is a crap shoot for the coaches.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,616
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic