Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Trevor Law the best College QB of all time through their whole college career ?? There
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,242

Is Trevor Law the best College QB of all time through their whole college career ?? There

Dec 22, 2020, 9:32 PM

Have been some good 1 hit wonders, Cam, Joe B, etc......but TLaw has only lost 1 game .....un real

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Trevor Law the best College QB of all time through their whole college career ?? There

Dec 22, 2020, 10:49 PM

DW4, Matt Leinart, and Tebow are the only ones close imo but I'm only 28 so may be some before then. Ken Dorsey maybe.

Re: Is Trevor Law the best College QB of all time through their whole college career ?? There

Dec 22, 2020, 10:56 PM

Well, if you believe that the best QB = the Heismoran winner then, no.

If you want to talk about the best QB that ever played the game, yea.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2020, 11:06 PM

TL-16 has won 34 of his 35 games that he has started and played. He has played in two playoffs, and two NCGs and won 1 NCG game, and his only loss was in his 2nd NCG. Plus he is headed to his 3d playoff game, and if he wins it, he will be heading into his 3 NCG in his 3 year college career. With these facts, you should be able to answer your own question!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 22, 2020, 11:14 PM

He will be after he crushes the BlueNutz and Nicky’s Boyz. Put it down

Dec 22, 2020, 11:15 PM

Michael Vick is right there. I would take him vs anyone. Charlie Ward is close. Those are my top 2 college QB's all time. TL is is right there with them as far as guys that can take over.

Dec 23, 2020, 8:44 AM

If you are talking about someone who can take over a game single handedly, then I have to agree with you about Michael Vick. If you are talking about the entire quarterback package, then it is no contest. Lawrence is a generational quarterback. Vick was a generational player who happened to play quarterback, and there is a difference.

Vick was a physical anomaly that happened to be able to throw the ball 70 yards on a string. Lawrence has the physical tools, not like Vick as far as speed and elusiveness, but he also has what it takes between the ears to be a successful quarterback at any level. Not saying Vick didn't, but not to anywhere near the acumen Lawrence possesses at this point in his career.

And what about Peyton Manning? He pretty much put UT on the map and set them up to win it all the first year of the BCS, and then went on and did pretty well for himself at the next level. I would compare Lawrence to him more than anyone, although Lawrence is much more of a threat with his legs than Manning ever dreamed of being.

Oh, and congrats for winning the ACCCG. Living vicariously through Clemson these days. No use being coy about it. It is what it is. 2020 can't end soon enough.

That is a STAT, of which a lot more goes into that just a

Dec 23, 2020, 12:50 AM

QB's play alone. Since Oklahoma at one point in Medieval Times won 47 games in a row, they could have had a QB who bettered that, through no fault of his own, since the offense was heavily predicated on the run back then.

But, most of the pundits agree that Trevor started out with more potential, and then played with more polish and poise from the get go than anyone they have seen not named Andrew Luck. Since I didn't stay up watching west coast games, I couldn't actually compare Luck in college to Trevor. All I can say is he must have been pretty danged awesome if he was better than our guy.

When you get up into that level, you are talking comparisons of Lamborghineys and Bugatti Veyrons anywho. Either one is far beyond the norm.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That is a STAT, of which a lot more goes into that just a

Dec 23, 2020, 10:49 AM

76er® said:

QB's play alone. Since Oklahoma at one point in Medieval Times won 47 games in a row, they could have had a QB who bettered that, through no fault of his own, since the offense was heavily predicated on the run back then.

But, most of the pundits agree that Trevor started out with more potential, and then played with more polish and poise from the get go than anyone they have seen not named Andrew Luck. Since I didn't stay up watching west coast games, I couldn't actually compare Luck in college to Trevor. All I can say is he must have been pretty danged awesome if he was better than our guy.

When you get up into that level, you are talking comparisons of Lamborghineys and Bugatti Veyrons anywho. Either one is far beyond the norm.

I think what got Luck on the map was he was basically the QB who started Stanford's run from Pac-12 bottom dweller to perineal conference contender and returned for his "senior season" (he was a RS JR when he left school).

IMO, he was great and there are similarities between the two. Luck wasn't a burner either but he took a few long runs to the house for Standford like TL has; arm talent is comparable, and football IQ off the charts. Anytime I see TL making presnap calls I'm reminded of P. Manning.

I hold TL in a higher regard because he never redshirted but it's definitely not a bad comparison I mean Luck was on his way to possibly being a HoF player if he could hold up health wise.

Hopefully Trevor doesn't get run into the ground where he lands ??

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2020, 1:13 AM

He’s the best QB ever in college period. Love for him to play his last two years. Remember many QB’s redshirted & then played 4 years.

I can’t imagine anyone doing more at a top level over 3 years.

The crazy thing is we got a backup that is great too! His play this year will pay off.

We also have a QB named Bubba coming & with a coach named Dat’ boy we can’t lose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I just shook my head after reading a compiled list of

Dec 23, 2020, 11:01 AM

supposedly the 10 best college QBs of all time. Neither Deshaun Watson, nor Trevor Lawrence is on the list. I not only LOL'ed at that, their #1 was, wait for it,

Tim Tebow

Tebow's record as a starter was 35-6.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just shook my head after reading a compiled list of

Dec 23, 2020, 11:21 AM

Tebow Mania was unreal.

It was even more hilarious when Tebow went to Denver, kept pulling out 4th quarter comebacks, and won a playoff game. I half wish he would have won a SB just to watch people lose it.

Feel bad for him somewhat because I thought he'd get to sit behind Peyton, learn, and work on his mechanics but they shipped him off to the Jets and that was that. Always thought he'd be a serviceable QB at worst.

Hopefully they'll update the list in a few years and give DW4 & TL16 their due ?? but even if not, those who know, KNOW we have had a couple of aces that could compete with any previous college great and possibly another one coming in DJ5

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 23, 2020, 11:25 AM

Modern era has to be Leinart and Tebow... If Trevor wins the natty this year he will probably pass both and stand alone due to on field accomplishments + overall talent/draft selection/pro success... But he needs the natty this year, no one cares about the Heisman anymore, it's been watered down for years.

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,242
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic