Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is TLAW already the new G.O.A.T.??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Is TLAW already the new G.O.A.T.??

Jan 16, 2019, 3:25 PM

I think it’s safe to say that we started to mold the crown for DW4 after the 5th TD pass against NC in his first start and we handed it to him after the loss to Bama.
What more do you need to see to give it to TLAW?
No losses to sc? Heisman? One more Natty?
Thinking it’s time we start the conversation? What say u gents??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is TLAW already the new G.O.A.T.??

Jan 16, 2019, 3:57 PM

What happened to the KB2 argument? Can't believe that really happened

Jan 16, 2019, 4:00 PM

He needs to win a Heisman. Vegas already has him as this year's leader at 3:1 odds, with Etienne at 12:1 and Higgins at 25:1. I can't believe Ross isn't in the mix:

https://www.tigernet.com/update/Trevor-Lawrence-frontrunner-two-other-Tigers-listed-on-2019-Heisman-odds-32201

Jan 16, 2019, 4:28 PM

Let his career play out.

Jan 16, 2019, 4:33 PM

Way too early. Check back after his last game in January of 2022.

Trevor is the best QB I'v ever seen play college ball.

Jan 16, 2019, 4:38 PM

I started leaning in that direction last Spring and nothing he's done has changed the direction or acceleration of the thought. I'm not going to argue this with anyone because it's my opinion, I'm entitled to it just like everyone else. My apologies to Deshaun and our other great quarterbacks for surely I mean no insult to any of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While i'd love to agree, i gotta see how he responds to all

Jan 16, 2019, 5:07 PM

this praise and spotlight. If he can handle all that and still out-perform the competition then i'm on board with making a case. I think he's as close to a no-doubter as there is but I gotta see it first. He was the underdog against Tua and thats alot less pressure than being the top dog and having to fend off the underdog who's also great. He's also gotta stay healthy as well as stay grounded. And when you say GOAT are you saying for Clemson or for College Football? Serious question...

Re: While i'd love to agree, i gotta see how he responds to all

Jan 16, 2019, 5:12 PM

That Is a serious question..
I was thinking our GOAT which basically compares him to DW4

But I do think he will someday be in the former conversation as well, barring injury.

Re: While i'd love to agree, i gotta see how he responds to all

Jan 16, 2019, 6:15 PM [ in reply to While i'd love to agree, i gotta see how he responds to all ]

Trevor has received this kind of praise since his freshman year of high school. He was national freshman of the year per Max Preps his freshmen year of high school. He received many state and national awards in high school. Obviously it didn’t stop him from working hard and being great this year. He doesn’t care about accolades. He was being genuine when he said football doesn’t define him - Christ does. He’s extremely unique. I know all that praise would go right to my head!

Jan 16, 2019, 5:09 PM

As Dabo would say, "why not?" ??. Go tigers!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 6:17 PM

I think it’s safe to say that we started to mold the crown for DW4 after the 5th TD pass against NC in his first start and we handed it to him after the loss to Bama.
What more do you need to see to give it to TLAW?
No losses to sc? Heisman? One more Natty?
Thinking it’s time we start the conversation? What say u gents??

In my mind, TLaw will not be considered the GOAT...DW4 will. No matter what TLaw does, he will not, and can not be the first one in 35 years to do it. Do not get me wrong, TLaw is great, but the 2 trips DW4 made to the NC were more special because they were less expected. It is also why Dabo should never even consider going back to Bama, he would be seen as continuing the legacy that Saban built. TLaw is likewise going to be seen as continuing the legacy that DW4 started.

Jan 16, 2019, 6:22 PM

The year we won, we were expected to make it and compete. Tbh the year we lost, I expected to get there. I figured we’d roll into the playoffs at 12-1. I’ll take 13-0 every time tho

Jan 16, 2019, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Is TLAW already the new G.O.A.T.?? ]

DW was a great player and broke a
30 + year title drought, but TLaw is only the second ever true freshman to win a title and led the first ever 15-0 in modern day history. No, he didn’t do it alone and he wasn’t the starter in all of these games, but you have to consider that no other true freshman QB has accomplished any of this.

Jan 16, 2019, 6:52 PM

Take either over Bentley, Ellis or the drunk Garcia......and FanneyHill.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 16, 2019, 7:02 PM

All I know is TLAW has cost me a lot of money over the past week; you know, having to buy all that national championship gear and such.

Jan 16, 2019, 7:14 PM

Time will tell. Last year Tua was all the rage. Let's see how it plays out. Should be fun to go along for the ride.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know. But I do know he had the GOAT

Jan 16, 2019, 7:45 PM

game against the presupposed GOAT team in one of our three most important games in Clemson history.

According to a fair number of T-netters, KB2 should

Jan 16, 2019, 8:26 PM

have started all this year. Yes, this group of "T-nutters" demonstrated a remarkable inability to understand the game of football. And thank goodness Dabo and wiser minds prevailed.

But to your point, TL16 is GOAT II. DW4 is GOAT I, there is only one GOAT I, and the talented TL16 does not attend Clemson without GOAT I.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic