Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Is Lsu the best ever
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

Is Lsu the best ever

Jan 18, 2020, 1:24 PM

I don't think so. The final score was 42 to 25. If Clemson does what Clemson does then we win this game. If you take away the first Lsu score because we all know that was pass interference the score is 35 to 25. If they do not call pass interference on Tee (and we all know it wasn't) the score is now 35 to 32. If Clemson does what Clemson does then the 3 times they were in our red zone we would have at least kept them from scoring once, so now the score is 32 clemson and 28 Lsu. I am only saying they just did not score once in the red zone we all know our D has stopped many multiple times in the red zone. The final score should have been more like 32 Cu to 21 Lsu.

Now before you start giving me the thumbs down I was playing off the guy in the California Dreaming video that called into Dumbo (Finebaum) last year after we beat Bama. I am sure others can add to why we should have not of loss because Clemson was not doing what Clemson does but no matter how we look at it we loss.still got beat.

Message was edited by: speedracer®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is Lsu the best ever

Jan 18, 2020, 1:28 PM

Nobody will ever know. Not worth even thinking about it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 1:31 PM

I was just messing because I laughed my head off at the guy last year saying this after our game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 1:31 PM

Perhaps best ever offense for one year. Defense? No way! The best ever team plays great on both sides. I think Clemson 2018, FSPU 2013, some of the Alabama, Oklahoma, Nebraska and Miami teams over the past 35 years can make their claim.

Jan 18, 2020, 2:19 PM

Obviously our team last year would have wiped the floor with this LSU team. How could anyone think they are best ever?
Best this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 18, 2020, 1:49 PM

2019 Alabama almost came back to beat them and they were not nearly as good as 2018. We just played a terrible game and they played their best game.

2018 Clemson beats 2019 LSU by 3-4 TDS. No question. We missed our NFL DL

Jan 18, 2020, 2:33 PM

99, 42, 90 and 7 would have made it a long night for LSU. ????

Jan 19, 2020, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Is Lsu the best ever ]

2019 Alabama almost came back to beat them and they were not nearly as good as 2018. We just played a terrible game and they played their best game.

SMH.

LSU did not play anything close to its best game.

LSU didn't have 4 dropped passes drops in a collective 3-game sequence all year. Much less in 1 game. Our receivers dropped at least 4 passes right-in-their-hands vs Clemson, including 1 TD. We shanked a FG. Burrow missed some throws, overlooked open receivers, and had his lowest completion percentage of the year. All uncharacteristic for him. LSU doubled its season average penalties vs Clemson. Granted a couple of our penalties were as marginal the Tee Watkins OPI. But some were uncharacteristically sloppy. Lineman downfield negating a long pass on the first play, for example. It was nowhere near our best performance.

So if we are going to play the "what if" game. What if LSU does not leave 7 points on the field, and (a la Saban vs UofM) doesn't take a knee on your goal line twice at game's end. Despite LSU's uncharacteristic penalties, 3 other dropped passes, etc., the score would have been 56-25. That is what kind of team you were up against.

===========

Regarding last year's Clemson team. It was outstanding.

Could it have beaten this year's Clemson team?
You may think so. But I'll guarantee, if last year's team suited up in a different uniform to face this year's Clemson squad, both you all here, and this year's Clemson team would be very confident they would beat that "other" team.

Look, 29-0 is a tremendous accomplishment. Next year, aside from ND in a potential cold, bad-weather game, Clemson should have a clear path back to the CFP. TL or TE will be the likely Heisman winner, with the other among the finalists. You guys have a great thing going. RESPECT IT!

... and don't disrespect your own players and your own 2019 team by undervaluing the one opponent this year which was clearly good enough to blemish what may well have been a Clemson 45+ win streak.

best ever for 2019 season

Jan 18, 2020, 2:23 PM

Play the game ten times and we still get our fair share of wins though

I have spoken.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 2:30 PM

Maybe best ever LSU team. But not best ever college FB team. With us going 29-1 and having won 2 nattys, I'd say that would put us in best ever class over LSU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 2:31 PM

Don’t think so. Bangkok’s brothels have been famous for centuries.

Jan 19, 2020, 6:39 AM

Emmanuelle is Bangkok’s BEST ...
Ole Norbie will steer you right now!
Walk in ... Sit Down ... Have a drink!
Ogle the fishbowl honeys ... They’re lined up and graduated (by price) ... $2000 baht ($65) on the right and more expensive going up to $7500 ($250) ... Girls over $5000 show you Door #2 ... Ole Norbie gets two everytime but I let my first girl pick out her friend ... If I’m in the mood for a Moon Pie, I’ll ask my first girl which friend is the best ... Next, they take you for a “SOAPY” to clean your street smelly butt up. You walk into a large room with the tub and hang your clothes up and put on a robe. Ole Norbie be one hairy so I always have them shave my back and give me an exfoliating scrub ... Oooooooooweeeee
After that you ready to lie on the mat and get down with an oiled up Thai honey ... They love Clemson Orange and Tigers so gear up ...
Be smart and get with the girl that will come to your hotel and spend the night ... That way she don’t have to get her 30-50% cut from house!
Make your own deal ... Negotiate

Jan 19, 2020, 6:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Is Lsu the best ever ]

Emmanuelle is Bangkok’s BEST ...
Ole Norbie will steer you right now!
Walk in ... Sit Down ... Have a drink!
Ogle the fishbowl honeys ... They’re lined up and graduated (by price) ... $2000 baht ($65) on the right and more expensive going up to $7500 ($250) ... Girls over $5000 show you Door #2 ... Ole Norbie gets two everytime but I let my first girl pick out her friend ... If I’m in the mood for a Moon Pie, I’ll ask my first girl which friend is the best ... Next, they take you for a “SOAPY” to clean your street smelly butt up. You walk into a large room with the tub and hang your clothes up and put on a robe. Ole Norbie be one hairy so I always have them shave my back and give me an exfoliating scrub ... Oooooooooweeeee
After that you ready to lie on the mat and get down with an oiled up Thai honey ... They love Clemson Orange and Tigers so gear up ...
Be smart and get with the girl that will come to your hotel and spend the night ... That way she don’t have to get her 30-50% cut from house!
Make your own deal ... Negotiate

Jan 18, 2020, 2:34 PM

They hung 42 on us... If we couldn't come back with 45....Yeah, they were berry, berry good...

Jan 18, 2020, 3:03 PM

they had to b good...they beat us

Jan 18, 2020, 3:08 PM

The only thing that matters is that Clemson is the
greatest team ever to us regardless of how the sports
media calls it. We are gonna keep on going to the big
dance.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Arguably with about 15 other teams.***

Jan 18, 2020, 3:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 3:27 PM

Nope. But they were the best on January 13, 2020... unfortunately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, you sound like a bucknut

Jan 18, 2020, 6:08 PM

The reason that Clemson didn't do Clemson things MIGHT just be called LSU. They played a really good game and took away a lot of stuff that we were used to having. That's why they play the games.

Oops, sorry - I bit on the satire

Jan 18, 2020, 6:10 PM

Thank goodness you weren't serious.

Re: Oops, sorry - I bit on the satire

Jan 18, 2020, 6:48 PM

No problem I just thought it was funny hearing the guy last year say those things so I wanted to see if I could pull it off.

Jan 18, 2020, 6:57 PM

Nope

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 7:21 PM

https://twitter.com/Espngreeny/status/1217460622801227779?s=20

Them or 95 Nebraska, definitely in the conversation.

Jan 18, 2020, 7:45 PM

Seasons don’t build a dynasty. What would you rather have, the greatest season of all time, or the greatest dynasty? You just lost everything that won that natty. What now bro?

Jan 19, 2020, 1:05 AM

Rather have a dynasty. And Dabo is close to building one. But you just saw the greatest single season in the history of the game. No debate. Just look at who we beat.Never been done before.

But before you can build a dynasty, you have to win the first one!
Yes, we lost a lot but not everything. Not even close. Don't be fooled.

We might just slip up and get back in the CFP again, even with a new QB. You did it last year, remember? Got to beat a lot of good teams first though, unlike your cream puff schedule.
You beat Notre Dame and they immediately print your invitation to the CFP.

um, NOPE.

Jan 18, 2020, 7:43 PM

flash in the pan.

Jan 18, 2020, 8:47 PM

I don't think so. The final score was 42 to 25. If Clemson does what Clemson does then we win this game. If you take away the first Lsu score because we all know that was pass interference the score is 35 to 25. If they do not call pass interference on Tee (and we all know it wasn't) the score is now 35 to 32. If Clemson does what Clemson does then the 3 times they were in our red zone we would have at least kept them from scoring once, so now the score is 32 clemson and 28 Lsu. I am only saying they just did not score once in the red zone we all know our D has stopped many multiple times in the red zone. The final score should have been more like 32 Cu to 21 Lsu.

Now before you start giving me the thumbs down I was playing off the guy in the California Dreaming video that called into Dumbo (Finebaum) last year after we beat Bama. I am sure others can add to why we should have not of loss because Clemson was not doing what Clemson does but no matter how we look at it we loss.still got beat.

Message was edited by: speedracer®

Absolutely! Sounds like a bunch of sore losers on this forum. There are two kinds of people in this world, those that are TIGERS and those that want to be!

Jan 18, 2020, 8:59 PM

You beat us fair and square, no excuses over here. Who will be the greatest dynasty? LSU or Clemson? Where are you next year and the year after? Clemson has that settled. You’re fans sing about giving oral pleasure to tigers with children present. (Video evidence. Thousands of the fans were singing it) So, honestly, whatever you say is equivalent to a child molesters word to me.

Jan 19, 2020, 8:30 AM

Maybe LSU should make the SMTDB chant into their alma mater..it just means more

Nah, we are 29 - 1...

Jan 18, 2020, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Is Lsu the best ever ]

...in the last 2 seasons and plan to be back at next year's dance....someplace you are extremely unlikely to be.

We are many things but losers of any sort... we are certain not!

Enjoy your Saturday night Corndog.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 18, 2020, 10:40 PM

Best ever was last years natty.

Class of ‘71. Went through “rat season” and glad I did.

Jan 19, 2020, 2:48 PM

You might recall that just two weeks before, Ohio State was the greatest football team ever. That's more Orgeron gibberish.

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic