Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ironic thing about the SEC slogan, "It just means more" is
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Ironic thing about the SEC slogan, "It just means more" is

Mar 5, 2019, 6:09 PM

that when they lose, the first thing they say is, "We just didn't want to be there" or "That game just didn't many anything to us". Wait a minute, what! Your friggin slogan is "it just means more", LOL. THe truth is, if it isn't the college football playoff, it doesn't mean enough to them to bother showing up, including the Sugar Bowl at times.

The SEC, "unless it's for the natty, it doesn't mean enough to give a decent effort" at least that's what they say.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ironic thing about the SEC slogan, "It just means more" is

Mar 5, 2019, 6:10 PM

sometimes even if it is for the Natty they fail to show up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Mar 5, 2019, 7:42 PM

It just means more excuses.

They can't have it both ways

Mar 6, 2019, 6:19 AM

A couple of weeks ago a UGA fan told me that against Texas the dawgs "looked out of it" and that's why they lost. Huh? I was like "does IT JUST MEANS MORE ring a bell"???

I told him that I watched the game and it looked like UGA was trying pretty hard to me. UGA fan was still uncovinced Texas was better. Undaunted, I pressed on.

I told him that Kiby Smart was Mark Richt 2.0., and that their run of recruiting national-championships, and pre-season national championships over the past 25 years was well documented. So, I asked him either "it just means more" or "we just didn't want to be there"...which is it?

UGA fan didn't like anything I had to say that day.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SCar players singing the same song about Belk Bowl

Mar 6, 2019, 2:46 PM

The State reports that they just had a "bad mindset" in that game. Hmmm - okay - sounds like a pretty valid excuse. Who could be possibly expected to perform well when their mindset is bad?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2019, 11:01 AM

I love the way SEC fans twist the narrative like a pretzel. Prior to the title game the pundits and the SEC fans said Alabama would win because their schedule was tougher. Clemson’s “soft” schedule and “easy” playoff game against Notre Dame meant the Tigers weren’t prepared to face a team like Alabama. After Clemson had routed the Tide the narrative became that Alabama was tired and beaten down by their tough schedule and Clemson was fresh because “they hadn’t played anybody.” I think Alabama “didn’t want to be there.” They were told by the pundits and the so called experts all season that they were the best team ever so they should just be given the trophy.

Mar 6, 2019, 11:38 AM

Bama’s coronation was such a certainty that a sports book paid out Bama national championship money line bey in advance!!

https://www.apnews.com/b66e3cad711a4cb8a82d59bfae24e9c2

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 6, 2019, 11:39 AM

SEC teams only show up to play other SEC teams...that's what Ive been told. Someone said it before, so I wont take credit....but they are truly the Sorry Excuses Conference.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic