Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Interference no call
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

Interference no call

May 23, 2019, 5:32 PM

In viewing many of the experts analysis of why Alabama lost I hear references to obvious pass interference no calls. Does anyone know what they are talking about? When discussing it they never show clips of supposedly interference.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interference no call

May 23, 2019, 5:42 PM

Our DBs are apparently taught to interfere in a way that is not often called. We used to get called a lot - and we were definitely guilty. We're still involved in a lot of reach-arounds and jersey pulling on deep routes and 50/50 balls, but we don't seem to get called on it as much as we once did. Maybe we're just getting better at hiding it from the view f officials - or maybe we've figured out how far we can go before the call is made. Some jostling is allowed, but at times, it seems to me that we tug a bit too much and get away with it, but my point of view is that of a former TE who didn't like folks messing with me while I was working.

May 23, 2019, 6:23 PM

There was a no call on a 3rd down play on Terrell that probably should have been called PI. But then again, Renfrow was mugged twice in the 1st quarter with no call. Those things usually balance out.

May 23, 2019, 6:28 PM

I think Mark Fields got away with a couple of no calls but Bama holds constantly and pushes receivers out of their routes repeatedly.

May 23, 2019, 7:01 PM

That's the reason Hunter Renfrow was so effective against Bama. The DBs would push off his route and relax, but Hunter jusr kept working to find an open spot on the field.

May 23, 2019, 7:24 PM

Now that's funny. Bama complaining about officiating.

May 23, 2019, 7:32 PM

They still think that it was a pick play in 2017, when Hunter caught the pass. This is their opinion, though I think that defensive holding should have been called when their DB grabbed our other receiver and pulled him to the ground trying to make it look like a block. Even Finebaum referred to it about a week ago.

I know that in general, obvious pass interference is ignored

May 23, 2019, 8:40 PM

a great deal of the time by refs, no matter who is playing. I don't recall us getting a particular advantage over Alabama because of that, however.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

You know the reason Ross caught so many one handed passes?

May 23, 2019, 9:15 PM

Cause his other hand was being held EVERY play.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic