Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Majority of CU’s African-American Players Decline WH Invite:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Majority of CU’s African-American Players Decline WH Invite:

Jan 29, 2019, 3:31 PM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/report-majority-of-clemsons-african-american-players-declined-president-trumps-white-house-invite/ar-BBSUq9X?li=BBnbfcL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Majority of CU’s African-American Players Decline WH Invite:

Jan 29, 2019, 3:48 PM

They missed out imo if they haven't gone before, but I respect their decision.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Didn't feel comfortable visiting the White House"?

Jan 29, 2019, 3:52 PM

okay

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 29, 2019, 3:53 PM

To make it worse one of them tweeted “why can’t it be the Black House”.

Well, it was actually gray at one time:

Jan 29, 2019, 3:58 PM

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/the-1814-burning-of-washington-d-c/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sad. This invite should have nothing to do with politics,

Jan 29, 2019, 3:56 PM

rather, an experience and honor for these young men they would never forget.

As the saying goes, you don't have to like the occupant, but you should respect the office.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Agreed! If given the chance and Hillary ......

Jan 29, 2019, 4:06 PM

we’re POTUS I’d go.

Thank Jeebus she isn’t POTUS!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sad. This invite should have nothing to do with politics,

Jan 29, 2019, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Sad. This invite should have nothing to do with politics, ]

I think have made it clear that I don't support Trump. but I would leave for a flight right now if I could go eat cheeseburgers with some buddies in the White House with Trump. Anyway, hopefully the players that didn't leave the program go next year when they win it all again. The ones that have graduated have already likely gone there anyway.

Wouldnt’t have happened with hardly any other

Jan 29, 2019, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Sad. This invite should have nothing to do with politics, ]

conservative President.

Trump is just a terrible human being.

which still makes him slightly more noble than hillary

Jan 31, 2019, 9:43 AM

am i right? WE dodged a major bullet

One could question if the President

Jan 29, 2019, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Sad. This invite should have nothing to do with politics, ]

Respects the office. In my opinion, he does not

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It's Baltimore, Gentlemen; the Gods will not save you."

Not going to a party is not disrespecting any office.***

Jan 30, 2019, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Sad. This invite should have nothing to do with politics, ]

Jan 29, 2019, 4:07 PM

Proud of the ones that didn't go. They have standards

Jan 29, 2019, 4:08 PM

https://www.theroot.com/exclusive-clemson-s-black-players-refused-to-accept-do-1832135329?utm_medium=sharefromsite&utm_source=theroot_facebook&utm_campaign=top&fbclid=IwAR31jBQBwfvvfCCVm7ox0zF0B4ARbjUPbdhF-8UXVSrTpl1a-J09ydJ49nw

close your eyes and imagine this headline:

Jan 29, 2019, 4:10 PM

"Majority of White CU players Decline Obama White House Invite"

the media sh!tstorm that would hit CU would make Sherman's March seem like Tbalm tiptoeing through the tulips.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: close your eyes and imagine this headline:

Jan 29, 2019, 4:14 PM

Sure, but that would have never happened. Obama wasn't like Trump. The media and the nation know Trump.

Re: close your eyes and imagine this headline:

Jan 29, 2019, 4:21 PM

This is what they can’t seem to understand.

It’s nobody’s fault but Trump’s that they despise him.

Very true, but that wouldn’t have happened with Obama.

Jan 29, 2019, 4:39 PM [ in reply to close your eyes and imagine this headline: ]

Nor would it have happened with blacks in a Reagan, GHWB, or Dubya presidency.

Trump is just an ahole.

the media has foisted tribalism upon us***

Jan 29, 2019, 4:55 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cop out answer. Yea, the media has contributed

Jan 29, 2019, 5:31 PM

for sure but back to the subject. Black players wouldn’t have turned down invite if practically any other conservative was president.

Do you own it or not?

Jan 29, 2019, 4:10 PM

Hope the mange doesn’t find out...they’ll go crazy for a week harping on it

I posted it there.***

Jan 29, 2019, 4:11 PM

Re: I posted it there.***

Jan 29, 2019, 4:15 PM

I wish they had simply for the experience...

Jan 29, 2019, 4:41 PM

But I respect their decision. And shame on any Clemson "fan" who trashes our boys for making that decision. If you put love for Trump over our players' and fellow alumni's personal decisions in this matter, there's a school in Columbia that needs fans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Jan 29, 2019, 6:48 PM

Fake News. Notice Sir Ben Boulware in the photo....that is 2 years ago.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

let's beat this dead horse some more!! GEEZ!***

Jan 29, 2019, 7:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

My opinion on this has always been the same...

Jan 29, 2019, 8:07 PM

I have no respect for Trump. I think he's a gross and low quality person. But I would go to the White House and be respectful to him and everyone else. I would enjoy the moment.

At the same time, I refuse to criticize anyone who sees it differently.

I abhor Trump, but I don't really see him as racist against black people. I think he is far more hostile towards Muslims (not a race) and non-American Hispanics. He's clearly xenophobic but I think he prefers all Americans over all non-Americans... except Israel. Everyone in the US is in LOVE with Israel.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My opinion on this has always been the same...

Jan 29, 2019, 8:16 PM

The whole Muslim thing was just to appease the far right evangelicals who think he is going to make us a christian nation again. But Trump looks down and considers anyone who is not wealthy and ruthless like himself to be a loser and inferior. I am not sure which -ism describes this best.

I just get the feeling he doesn't really care enough to be

Jan 29, 2019, 8:19 PM

truly bigoted. I think his deepest burning passion is to feel liked. I think he wants blacks to like him. I think he wants everyone to like him. He's such a badly damaged dude.... so vulnerable.

Re: My opinion on this has always been the same...

Jan 29, 2019, 8:22 PM [ in reply to My opinion on this has always been the same... ]

In all fairness the Jews aren’t flying airplanes into buildings.

Not taking the bait on "Jews" collectively being guilty of anything...

Jan 29, 2019, 8:25 PM

but a similar percentage of Jews (looking at Israel) are doing bad things to hurt other people as Muslims.

Killing children with a plane or a sniper rifle are equally bad in my opinion.

Re: Not taking the bait on "Jews" collectively being guilty of anything...

Jan 30, 2019, 1:04 PM

You just better hope Islamic leaders don’t start encouraging Muslims to read and study their scriptures for themselves.

I don’t know why some of you act so obtuse when it comes to the fact that there is an army of Muslims that are hell bent on destroying America and they are just following in Muhammad’s footsteps.

It’s strange that you defend Islam but routinely lash out a religion which encourages peace and love.

Well considering you are thoroughly brainwashed

Jan 31, 2019, 9:18 AM

and your views on the subject are ridiculous and clouded by paranoia and xenophobia, I'm totally fine with all of what you said.

I don't "lash out" against Christianity. I criticize it, like I do anything else. I prefer Christianity over Islam if I was forced to pick one. Hell, I used to be a Christian. You just have such a jacked up belief system (your particular approach to Christianity), which you are so desperate to hold on to, you probably couldn't tell.

Re: Well considering you are thoroughly brainwashed

Jan 31, 2019, 9:36 AM

My views on the subject come from all the books I’ve read from both Muslim and Christian scholars.

I don’t just believe whatever I find on the internet that suits my fancy or what my parents taught me.

My beliefs are based on the authenticity and historical reliability of the events the New Testament reports. If you would actually take the time to study into the matter you’d see just how wrong you are.....but you don’t want to do that.

It’s a fact that Muslim scriptures paint Muhammad as a murdering pedophile who encouraged the killing of non believers. It’s also a fact that Muslims are not encouraged to read and study their scriptures for themselves. They get it filtered by people who are just like you think I am.

Here’s my source for that straight from a man who grew up in a devout Muslim home....

http://www.nabeelqureshi.com/seeking-allah-finding-jesus/

In your T-Net trolling crusade, I bet you have unleashed

Jan 31, 2019, 11:46 AM

more painful irony, all by yourself, than a good portion of the rest of the world.

Your views on Islam are rooted in your extremely emotional faith and in your particular interpretation of Christianity. Everything you read and everything you hear on this subject runs through that extremely strict and flawed filter and is likely authored by someone who shares your ignorant views.

I am a historian. For a short while, I worked in intelligence analysis specifically pertaining to Muslim countries. I have taught college classes on Islamic history. I have written on the subject. I learned a tiny bit of Arabic. I know Muslims, I care about some of them and I value their humanity as much as I do anyone else.

None of that means I am right about anything... but it does mean that your post is ironic.

You have demonstrated repeatedly that you have an unhinged hostility towards Islam. You lie your @ss off about it coming from academic scholarship, but you are nothing more than a super-religious, hate propagandist who recycles angry Christian propaganda that has nothing to do with reality.

Your systematic trolling on this website is usually entertaining and harmless, but your dishonest attempt to spread fear and loathing of a fifth of the world's population makes you an agent of something I consider immoral.

I have zero respect for your perspective on that particular subject as I believe your whole process is rotten from the roots.

Re: In your T-Net trolling crusade, I bet you have unleashed

Jan 31, 2019, 12:46 PM

Again, my views on Islam are from what I’ve studied from sources like the one I linked.

If you were so studied in Islam you could have made a pretty good rebuttal to it in the wasted space you just posted.

You’re clearly not here to discuss political and religious topics, but to stroke your ego, put down everyone who disagrees with you, and deflect and ignore anything that goes against your beliefs.

BS***

Jan 29, 2019, 9:42 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Doesn't matter.

Jan 30, 2019, 9:06 AM

Not a big fan of the players anonymously telling about this, but I don't begrudge anyone for not going, for whatever reason. I think they missed out on something cool, but to each their own.

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic