Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In respect to FB players opting out, now wanting back in . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

In respect to FB players opting out, now wanting back in . .

Sep 16, 2020, 10:21 PM

Look, this is simple logic. If you thought there would be no FB, then there's no reason to opt out. It really is that simple. If you thought there was a chance you might want to play, you don't opt out. What is to be gained, by opting out if your school doesn't play anyway? Looking like a big shot? So I say, the heck with you now. You made your decision, if though if may have been a poor one. Lots of poor decisions are made by the average Joe . .too bad. Just look at the simple logic.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In respect to FB players opting out, now wanting back in . .

Sep 16, 2020, 10:26 PM

Eh, they are just learning from their leaders. A bunch of indecisive hypocritical Nancy’s. What do you expect?

I expect . .

Sep 16, 2020, 10:28 PM

to hold them to their decisions.

Sep 16, 2020, 10:28 PM

Is there any harm in letting them back in? Or is this just spite

Sep 16, 2020, 10:45 PM

Or just and education on decisions?

Sep 16, 2020, 11:45 PM

Sounds like spite. Like he’s upset and wants to show everyone how smart he is by really sticking it to those 20 year olds.

Sep 17, 2020, 8:07 AM [ in reply to Re: In respect to FB players opting out, now wanting back in . . ]

If they have continued to be at practice, continued to attend classes, etc. but just wanted to not risk playing, maybe okay, let them back.

But if they've not kept up with all the requirements for playing (like stopped going to classes) then no, they cannot play. Too bad so sad for them, sometimes you make a decision and you get to choke on it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2020, 10:09 AM

Real simple point . . no reason to opt out when something isn't happening. There team was not going to play, no reason to opt out . you're already not playing. Opting out is done, logically, when you are expected to play. Therefore , by decision, you decide not to do so. They shouldn't have opted out. What were they opting out from? They must have had their reasons . so they are held accountable. It's simple,we hold people to what they say they are going to do.

Sep 17, 2020, 7:47 PM

This is just obtuse. You’re legit mad at 20 year olds. Lol. I can’t imagine being this sad

Sep 17, 2020, 9:21 PM

Made at them? Just want them to be responsible. That's different if you don't know.

Sep 19, 2020, 7:10 PM

Nobody makes this kind of neckbeard, gatekeeping post because you just want people to be held responsible. You might want them to be held responsible, but it’s because you are either mad or irritated or something like that. I agree that there was no point in opting out, but I’m not sure why this bothers you so much.

Maybe they were trying to get the BIG's attention

Sep 17, 2020, 5:56 AM

Plus....if they were going to start playing in the spring, that would have altered their plans for going pro. I completely understand them opting back in.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2020, 8:11 AM

Prove that by association with an agent, you haven't received any, ANY impermissible benefits, and you can come back.

Unfortunately, they won't be able to, and the schools should hold them at arm's length or risk investigation and sanctions.

These are turbulent times - things changing every day

Sep 17, 2020, 10:15 AM

With the Big10 - I believed the players were opting out - basically saying "I'm not playing in the Spring, if the conference decides to play then". Remember, the Big10 had definitively announced - "No Fall sports"

If the conference is allowed to change their minds - that same courtesy should be extended to the players as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If they stand in school and didn't hire an agent/ take

Sep 17, 2020, 1:51 PM

Money then let em play.

If they left school or took money..fork em.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic