Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
In My Opinion (For What It's Worth)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

In My Opinion (For What It's Worth)

Dec 29, 2019, 8:14 AM

Call me crazy, but I believe that the two best teams played each other last night in Arizona. It just so happened that our Tigers came out on top. I believe that Ohio State would curb-stomp LSU if they were to meet up. LSU does not have the defense that we do, nor have they faced an offense like ours. If we show up ready to play on January 13th, there's a 80/20 chance that we win. They do have a lot of weapons on Offense, but their scheme plays right into our hands. We can win this, if we can stop the run and force Joe Burrow to throw early and often. Several teams were able to score at least 20 on them. In short, I'm not concerned with LSWho what so ever.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Re: In My Opinion (For What It's Worth)

Dec 29, 2019, 8:23 AM

Brave words, I really hope they win, but brave words

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Dec 29, 2019, 8:26 AM

Agreed. I think last night was 1 vs 2.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 8:26 AM

I think LSU is a better match up in our favor than Ohio was. I agree.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2019, 8:27 AM

I agree. OSU has the most talent and we got all kinds of other edge (experience, coaching, mental toughness).
LSU is surely less talented than OSU and way less seasoned than us. I predict a easier win, but not too easy, for the real tigers who has the real death valley.

Dec 29, 2019, 8:29 AM

I agree that the two best played one another last night. But, we were not crisp most of the night on either side of the ball. Either our receivers aren't getting separation or TL ain't finding them. Our online was pretty porous last night - TL had to show how tough he is because he got mailed too often and they didnt give TE much in the way of help for most of his runs. the D gave me scares all evening.

we fought a great team and found a way to win, I think this is a characteristic which wl serve us well, but I dont think we played as well as we might reasonably expect.

I cant say I really know what to expect from LSU other than stiff competition, but I hope the offense clicks better against them than I perceive as having done last night.

What? Are you crazy?

Dec 29, 2019, 8:36 AM

Have you not heard that the Heisman trophy winner is 1 year older than the NFL MVP? Have you never heard of a CUP game decided by 28 or more points (did you see what they down To Oklahoma?!), have you not heard that this LSU offense may be the greatest EVER?

I heard all of this last night / this morning. And if you believe it, this SEX West team is the next incarnation of Jesus ... just like last year's representative. Nobody could imagine our stopping Alabama and Tua, either. Oops ... Guess we ruined that narrative as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

Dec 29, 2019, 8:51 AM

I won't call you crazy, Everyone sees these games differently. I too believe the best two teams played last night in Arizona, but there is one thing that scares me about L S U. They have a "healthy" Joe Burrows, with more strength( both upper body and arm strength)than Justin Fields, IMO, and L S U has a much better O-line which buys Burrow a lot more time to find an open receiver. Also, Burrows has a much quicker release( similar to that of our own Champion caliber QB) than Fields.
Both Trevor and Joe are better than Justin, even if he didn't have a bad knee which limited his playing style( not ability)last night, which puts the pressure on our D-Line to get to Burrows. We had a few times where Fields got away, but we may not be as fortunate against a QB without a "gimpy" knee.
As to the two defenses, I know our defense is better than LSU, and they more than likely will have a harder time containing Trevor. But Burrows is good, Make no mistake about it, or he will make you pay.
Oh, where I do disagree is Ohio State might beat L S U, but they wouldn't curb stomp them, especially the way they played last night.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic