Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I am all for people practicing their religion
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

I am all for people practicing their religion

Feb 5, 2018, 12:21 PM

However the full covering burka is just not acceptable in this culture and especially in an airport. I am sorry, but you should have to take it off at the airport. It makes everyone uncomfortable and completely savage if you ask me.

Discuss, but I won’t listen as I am flying on a plane with about 40 of said ladies and it’s uncomfortable and I don’t care what you think.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You wearing your cross necklace makes me uncomfortable

Feb 5, 2018, 12:23 PM

you must now take it off.

More people wearing cross necklaces than the other garb

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: You wearing your cross necklace makes me uncomfortable

Feb 5, 2018, 12:25 PM

Come fly Royal Jordanian with me and let me know how you feel.

You haven’t left your SC swamp land in your life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I guess you can remove the bigot from the swamp

Feb 5, 2018, 12:27 PM

but not the swamp from the bigot

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Royal Jordanian? Who exactly is the outsider here?

Feb 5, 2018, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: You wearing your cross necklace makes me uncomfortable ]

I could see if it was Delta, that would be strange.

That's kinda like objecting to a bunch of Germans flying on Lufthansa

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Is his post about being an outsider?

Feb 5, 2018, 1:40 PM

Or about the potential danger and general creepiness of people walking around with only their eyes showing?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is his post about being an outsider?

Feb 5, 2018, 1:49 PM

Potential danger. Thank you Cam. Its just FB and Balm who cannot get past being trolls.

I can see him being uncomfortable with 20 women in burkas.

Feb 5, 2018, 1:49 PM [ in reply to Is his post about being an outsider? ]

To be perfectly honest, I would probably be nervous myself.
It's not a common sight in the US but I'll wager it's very common on that particular airline.

Kind of a when in Rome sort of thing.

Don't want to fly with a bunch of women in Muslim garb? Don't fly on an airline owned by the king of a Muslim country. A very simple solution.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: I can see him being uncomfortable with 20 women in burkas.

Feb 5, 2018, 2:01 PM

Tell my employer that and I am with you. Not by choice.

Feb 5, 2018, 2:38 PM

Just tell your employer that you don't like Muslims and don't want to fly with them. The problem should take care of itself after that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 5, 2018, 2:52 PM

Um, your ignorance is showing. Not all Muslims wear Burka’s. But you just keep doing you man.

Feb 5, 2018, 3:21 PM

Hey I'm with you man. I think everyone should be made to look exactly like us.....whether they like it or not! #MAWA

Hardly a reasonable comparison

Feb 5, 2018, 12:25 PM [ in reply to You wearing your cross necklace makes me uncomfortable ]

If it was about people objecting to any religious garb, you'd have a point.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No the point is that he's a bigot***

Feb 5, 2018, 12:28 PM

Re: No the point is that he's a bigot***

Feb 5, 2018, 12:31 PM

LOL. Not at all. Just someone who believes we should be able to see who you are and verify your identity at all times.

Verify yours then.

Feb 5, 2018, 12:32 PM

Post a picture of you. I don't know you. Haven't seen you.

Re: Verify yours then.

Feb 5, 2018, 12:33 PM

I am not flying on an airplane with you. You can meet me as we walk into a Clemson Football game.

You're not so good with the comparison game***

Feb 5, 2018, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Verify yours then. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

France bans them in public

Feb 5, 2018, 12:58 PM [ in reply to No the point is that he's a bigot*** ]

Some would say it's "bigoted" to require women to wear them.

Re: France bans them in public

Feb 5, 2018, 1:04 PM

in our culture sure, but perfectly acceptable in theirs. Was someone forcing them to dress this way or did they make a choice?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In Iran, they protest against them

Feb 5, 2018, 1:14 PM

My guess is that even those who say they're choosing to wear them are, in some ways, coerced into it because of the disapproval they face in Muslim communities when they don't wear them. In general, though, it's arguable that women shouldn't have to cover their bodies from head to toe in order to be respected.

I'm personally against banning burqas because I don't think there's a good enough reason for the government to intervene in religious practice, in that case. I think the American way of allowing religious freedom is better than France's laicite. But I also find it odd that liberals in the US get so exercised about offenses against burqa-wearing, which should offend their feminist sensibilities, while they dismiss Christian concerns about progressive efforts to curtail religious freedom.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

Those small cross necklaces hide so much

Feb 5, 2018, 5:35 PM [ in reply to You wearing your cross necklace makes me uncomfortable ]

so I can understand your fear of them too. How frightening! And to hear it "clink" when it falls out from a shirt when someone bends over to pick up heir bag under the seat. OMG. I don't know how anyone can stand it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Re: I am all for people practicing their religion

Feb 5, 2018, 12:26 PM

must suck going through life scared.

Because there are people in burkas everywhere

Feb 5, 2018, 12:28 PM

Thankfully, there's not.

Re: Because there are people in burkas everywhere

Feb 5, 2018, 12:45 PM

can't say I ever cared how a person raised in another culture dressed.

Confused with definition of snowflake. Is this an example?***

Feb 5, 2018, 12:38 PM [ in reply to Re: I am all for people practicing their religion ]

Relax TSA requires a head & neck pat down.***

Feb 5, 2018, 12:34 PM

Feb 5, 2018, 12:39 PM

The fact that someone has one on in an airport in this culture pretty much rules them out as a terrorist.

Right! it is their underwear that needs checking!

Feb 5, 2018, 5:37 PM

lol

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

Feb 5, 2018, 1:08 PM

"unless I disagree with some aspect of their practice"

Is what you meant to say, right?

What's uncomfortable about it?***

Feb 5, 2018, 1:36 PM

I'm sure they are uncomfortable

Feb 5, 2018, 1:37 PM

riding with you, white devil.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm sure they are uncomfortable

Feb 5, 2018, 2:40 PM

LOL

First, where are you? And second, what are you afraid of?

Feb 5, 2018, 3:35 PM

I mean, if you’re in an Islamic land and flying an airline based there, I’d say suck it up. Just like I would say to an Iraqi who didn’t like American norms. Plus, I’m assume they went through security...what’s the problem? Are they going to rob you?

I’m absolutely not opposed to insisting that some things in America require visibility of the face (I think I remember a woman insisting that taking a driver’s license photo without her burka on was a violation of her rights...laughable), but in this instance I think you’re just uncomfortable in a different cultural norm. Which is fine...you’re not a bigot like has been said. People are often uncomfortable in different cultures. But that’s all it is.

null

They're secretly flipping you the bird underneath

Feb 5, 2018, 3:36 PM

Don't have to worry about much else.

Why do you care what other people wear?***

Feb 5, 2018, 5:14 PM

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I can speak for myself.

Feb 6, 2018, 7:12 AM

I like to know who i am dealing with and I like to see the face of people. I also find that religious extreme as oppressive to women. Why aren't the men covered up?

Why stop there?

Feb 5, 2018, 6:16 PM

Let's take it all off to make tigermanac more comfortable.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree*****

Feb 6, 2018, 7:09 AM

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic