Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm not worried about getting in but
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 786

I'm not worried about getting in but

Nov 7, 2019, 8:30 AM

If we go undefeated, and particularly if we are dominant in the closing games as we should be, I don't worry about getting in. However, I do not like being #5. Part of it is that I do not think Penn State is in the same universe with us, but part of it is I think that things are set up for controversy for the final 4.

Us moving up could be solely dependent on a loss to a team that the CFP committee has deemed better than us in the first poll. If one of those teams then get left out only because of that loss then I think that would taint the championship a little. I want any championship to be like last year when there was absolutely NO DOUBT. I hope that everything works out so that the cut off is clear, but that is why I am concerned about the initial rankings.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All that matters at this point is coaching. We already know

Nov 7, 2019, 8:45 AM

who can play. Which coaches can manage the pressure brought on by being in the top 6? Penn St has never been there before. They also have to play @ Minn and @ OH St. If they win those, they'll still have to play Wisc or Minn again in the CG.

OH St has been there before but Ryan Day has not. He was the OC and QB coach at Boston College when they won the NC. Orgeron hasn't been there, either. And Kirby Smart is good for a stupid move or 3.

Dabo and Saban feast on managing the pressure and motivation. Just let it play out. We're in good shape.

Re: I'm not worried about getting in but

Nov 7, 2019, 8:49 AM

very rarely is their an undisputed, no doubt about it, no "but, they didn't.. but, they almost.. but,.. etc" champion. last year was one of those rare instances. the only thing that should concern clemson fans is the game at hand. win and we're in... lose and we're out. it's really that simple..

Re: I'm not worried about getting in but

Nov 7, 2019, 9:11 AM

I agree and maybe I should not have said that I was concerned about the rankings. Maybe I should have said that is what I didn't like about the rankings. I expect Penn State to lay an egg at Ohio State if they don't do it this week.

Some of it is just something to talk about other than the "we have nothing to worry about" vs "the oh no we could get left out" narratives. With 3 to 4 games left depending on which team, any hypothetical is unlikely to happen. I don't see any scenario that we get left out, but I understand some "worriers" having a concern with the inconsistency of the committee if some outlandish scenario comes to fruition. Therefore, I do not have strong feelings about that argument.

Replies: 3
| visibility 786
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic