Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why are you triggered by Unity, Equality, Peace, etc?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 2,914

Why are you triggered by Unity, Equality, Peace, etc?

Oct 5, 2020, 4:25 PM

It baffles my mind that the simple words on jerseys and the sentiments that our players have expressed trigger so many fans and donors. Why the rage and anger? Didn’t Dabo ask why should these players listen to our cheers if we don’t listen to their cries? This seems like a no brainer. Love. Peace. Unity. Why does those words on the field or on a jersey make so many threaten to leave the fandom?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why are you triggered by Unity, Equality, Peace, etc?

Oct 5, 2020, 4:28 PM

Answer: Racists think differently.

No runs, no passes, no touchdowns, no football post***

Oct 5, 2020, 4:39 PM

Oct 5, 2020, 4:54 PM

I don't have a problem with the words. I hate not knowing who is who. I don't always know every player's number. All Saturday night, I kept asking, now who was that or who made that tackle?

Usually the announcer says it...

Oct 5, 2020, 4:56 PM

whether at the game, on radio or on TV.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Still Stupid Idea....Put the Slogans on the sleeve or pants

Oct 5, 2020, 8:31 PM

or something. DO NOT EVER MESS w/The Players' names it's part of the viewing experience.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2020, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Why are you triggered by Unity, Equality, Peace, etc? ]

Ditto Tigeranne.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2020, 4:57 PM

I saw was a bunch of players with, "Look At Me" on the back of their jerseys. I also saw a bunch with their names.

I still watched.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somewhere Rod Smart is smiling***

Oct 5, 2020, 5:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2020, 5:05 PM

I'm not

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 5, 2020, 5:14 PM

What you are mis-interpreting as people being "triggered" is the reality that not everybody is as easily duped as you.

I'm not, but it's very simple. Nobody is triggered by those

Oct 5, 2020, 5:19 PM

things, and that's what pisses everybody off. It is a false framing of the issue. The issue, supposedly, is systemic racism, particularly by the police and the justice system targeting blacks. Many who believe or promote that view use terms like peace, justice, love, equality, etc. to frame the issue, so as to falsely make it appear that anyone who does not fully support them is against those things. It's all bullshat.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I'm not, but it's very simple. Nobody is triggered by those

Oct 5, 2020, 5:28 PM

So none of the players who had those words on their back on Sat. Night and have made comments about these issues really care about equality or justice, they’re just trying to trick everyone?

Oct 5, 2020, 9:33 PM [ in reply to I'm not, but it's very simple. Nobody is triggered by those ]

Exactly.......it is a false narrative who Clemson University has bought into hook, line, and sinker......very sad day when our alma mater has decided to take that position just too win football games and get another #1 recruit in the country......we have abandoned police officers who protect us and this great nation based on the false narrative that every police office (white or black) along with every white person in this country is responsible for slavery therefore because they are white they have to be a racist.......slavery was a terrible thing but it has been over in this country for over 150 years but still exist in many places around the world today.....It is never told that it was not the white man who sold the Africans into slavery but other African countrymen who sold their own race to white men.... Truth is never told about any of this and BLM is totally based on false narratives......Do you really think this is a racist country with almost every one else in the whole frigging world WANTING to move here.....I am pissed that our university has sold it’s soul based on a FALSE Narrative ......some things are much more important than winning football games......Go Tigers!!!!!

Oct 6, 2020, 12:00 AM

Good point by b2west farm- very good

Oct 5, 2020, 5:24 PM

Because a lot of people, probably most people, do not believe the incidents that have sparked these protests are an example of racial inequality.

These players want their voices heard, but they don’t want to listen to anyone with a different opinion.

Oct 5, 2020, 8:09 PM

Buddy2018 said:

Because a lot of people, probably most people, do not believe the incidents that have sparked these protests are an example of racial inequality.

These players want their voices heard, but they don’t want to listen to anyone with a different opinion.

just a thought. Mabne they feel like they have been speaking but the reality TV crowd isn't listening. Yeah I'm talking trumpies. I know some of you don't get it but when protests happen its because a significant portion of the population is not happy and we need to do some soul-searching and fix it. Like it. Don't. Reality is what it is

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2020, 9:09 PM

I, and just about everyone I know, think our taxes are too high. Yet, for some reason, if we decided to burn down buildings, steal a bunch of stuff from strangers, and beat up or flat out murdered cops or anyone else who tried to stop us I am 100% confident that morons like you would be for our swift and immediate execution via firing squad. You wouldn't even give us a trial. There would be none of this BS you are shoveling to excuse our behavior and you sure as heck wouldn't be persuaded to lower our taxes because of our temper tantrum riots. Why don't you do some soul searching about why whats good for the scum on your side would be totally unacceptable if done by the other side. Or jump off a bridge. Whatever works for you.

They whole thing is a distraction. It’s simple. Triggered?

Oct 5, 2020, 5:32 PM

Fans are not “triggered”, they are just frustrated.

There has been a rally, there has been a march, there have been stickers on helmets. Now there have been encouraging words on jerseys.

Enough.

Now maybe it’s time to just focus on being the very best football team that these great players can be.

Re: They whole thing is a distraction. It’s simple. Triggered?

Oct 5, 2020, 6:23 PM

I understand the frustration. But to the players, it seems like they’re hearing fans and donors say, “you exist for our entertainment - so keep your personal life, emotions, and passions to yourself.”

Re: They whole thing is a distraction. It’s simple. Triggered?

Oct 5, 2020, 8:16 PM

Technically they are on the field for our entertainment. That's why they charge money to watch them perform, like a circus.

I'll know their serious about their beef with humanity when they start refusing to play. And I'm guessing as woke as they want to pretend to be, they probably arent woke enough to do that

Oct 5, 2020, 5:42 PM

Some of us are political junkies and if we want political/social issues we know where to go whether it's left, right, or even the American Pirate Party. Most of it sucks. We don't come to sports for messages as the MSM gives us more than enough. If people want to turn sports into a political soapbox, the be prepared to compete in the arena of ideas that we don't have to take as we get blitzed with it elsewhere 24/7.

If messages are OK on the back of uniforms then why not spurtle ads?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 5, 2020, 6:22 PM

Speaking of that, why on earth would anyone need to scoop out an entire jar or Mayo at once? Or spread enough peanut butter on a piece of bread for the whole town to bite into? Made me gag

the beautiful thing about triggers is triggers r beautiful

Oct 5, 2020, 8:20 PM

things

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I Hate It Because I Have Not Memorize The Player's Numbers

Oct 5, 2020, 8:30 PM

Put those words on the shoulder or something. Especially when we get past the 1-deep. Worst idea ever to put those in place of player name.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I Hate It Because I Have Not Memorize The Player's Numbers

Oct 5, 2020, 10:53 PM

That’s one reason I’ve always disliked teams like Penn St. who don’t have player names on jerseys . I’ve always felt like they were bs ‘ing us about the team vs . individual identity . Lame.

I don’t think it has ever helped one tear to play better . I prefer to know who’s who .

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 2,914
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic