Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm not an "ESPN-hates-us" guy
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

I'm not an "ESPN-hates-us" guy

Nov 30, 2019, 10:46 AM

But, it's weird that they've done 2 different extended segments on rivalries on Gameday this morning and not really even a whisper of the Clemson/USC game. One segment even had a focus on the ACC/SEC rivalries and they showed FSU/FL , LOU/Kent, and GT/UGA. No mention of our game.

At first I was thinking that it was probably because our game is considered likely to not be close, but the line on GT/UGA is much higher. I was thinking it may be because USC hasn't been relevant in so long, but when was the last time GT was relevant?

It's just odd.

caveat: I missed the first 10 minutes, so it's possible I missed something I suppose.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm not an "ESPN-hates-us" guy

Nov 30, 2019, 10:49 AM

Nothing beyond a Willie B shot and stating we have owned the series for a while.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yea...I don't buy into the "ESPN hates us" narrative

Nov 30, 2019, 10:57 AM

I think it's likely due to other storylines... UGA fighting for 4th spot, OU in the battle for 4th, etc..

ESPN has many times been a Clemson recruiting video.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: yea...I don't buy into the "ESPN hates us" narrative

Nov 30, 2019, 11:12 AM

That was then. They are bored of Clemson now and want to see any other team play Bama for the championship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

It's strange

Nov 30, 2019, 11:14 AM [ in reply to yea...I don't buy into the "ESPN hates us" narrative ]

I mean the GT/GAME is pretty much the exact same scenario as our game. Cross conference rival. Large spread. Both Clemson and UGA must win today to keep their playoff hopes alive. In fact it could be argued there's a better story line in mentioning the games together due to the UGA/USC game earlier in the year.

Again, I don't buy into the bias narrative. I just find it strange.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic