Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm just wondering
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 626

I'm just wondering

Mar 13, 2020, 5:41 PM

OK, so Duke initiated the cancellation of the ACC tournament. I heard one report that since the Duke AD is chairman of the selection committee therefore no Duke, no NCAA tournament. But what I've been wondering is this: How would it have been received if Clemson had unilaterally pulled out of the tournament? Would things have played out the same way? Or would we have been reprimanded, scolded or given an extra year of probation? I wonder.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I'm just wondering

Mar 13, 2020, 5:54 PM

Duke pulling out of the tournament had nothing to do with the ACC tournament being cancelled--had every other conference still played, we would have and just written Duke off as a forfeit.

The Big East is getting slammed today for the optics of playing one half, it was the public perception, not one team, that caused our tournament to be cancelled--and if all others, or even half the others had played, we would have played and written in forfeits for any school that chose to not participate--Duke had zero influence on the ACC decision.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm just wondering

Mar 13, 2020, 6:12 PM

Someone explained that part of the thought process was that it would have been unfair to give NC State a bye with Clemson and FSU having to play their way to the next round. So, yes, Duke's withdrawal did expedite the cancellation.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 2
| visibility 626
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic