Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’m just gonna go ahead and state some obvious things
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

I’m just gonna go ahead and state some obvious things

Dec 20, 2020, 1:11 AM

1) Venables is the best DC in the country.
2) Lawrence is the best QB in college football, and the best player at any position in the country. I venture to say that if all the current players were to be entered into a draft any coach with the first pick would choose him to build a team around.
3) Dabo had reformed the mold on what it means to be a successful coach. I’m not gonna argue against Sagan and his track record, but it certainly seems the path forward is Dabo’s style.
4) Skalski may or may not have an amazing NFL future, but his understanding of defense is one of the deepest of any player in our history.
5) Etienne should have his number retired the day after he graduates and leaves for the NFL.
6) We, as fans are simply spoiled. No matter how much we guard against it, we must stay vigilant to simply enjoy these days. We are blessed beyond measure.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m just gonna go ahead and state some obvious things

Dec 20, 2020, 1:25 AM

100%!
x6 :)

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 2:50 AM

Naaah don't retire the number - that tradition should be stopped.

We'll run out if numbers in the next decade if we retire numbers ?? retire the game jersey

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 2:55 AM

10) Over rated.
11) Never play anyone.
12) Coot llama.
13) Hunter Renfrow.
14) Merry Christmas.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 2:59 AM

Not sure I get the humor of this if it’s supposed to be?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2020, 3:06 AM

tiger_thom listed six for 6 acc championships. I just jumped ahead to include Renfrow and Merry Christmas.

Dec 20, 2020, 6:22 AM

Retire a jersey, never a number. Use the number to recruit great players to uphold the legend of 9

Dec 20, 2020, 6:31 AM

Agree on all.

Dec 20, 2020, 6:37 AM

Great take .

Can't retire the number though ... these days jersey numbers and their availability are in actuality a recruiting tool ....as silly as that sounds to some of us .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 20, 2020, 6:55 AM

I think no numbers should be retired, unless it just symbolic and some other great player can use it again.. Maybe there is another way to honor.

Dec 20, 2020, 7:04 AM

After reading that I feel guilty for sending Santa my Christmas list. :(

Dec 20, 2020, 8:27 AM

Very true we’re are so spoiled now. My Freshman daughter only knows the winning Clemson tradition where a loss is so rare she cried after we lost to Pitt. We need to really enjoy these days. Heard a stat from Packer Saban at Dabos age had not even won a Natl
Championship.

Very true we’re are so spoiled now. My Freshman daughter only knows the winning Clemson tradition where a loss is so rare she cried after we lost to Pitt. We need to really enjoy these days. Heard a stat from Packer Saban at Dabos age had not even won a Natl
Championship.

Championship.

Dec 20, 2020, 8:28 AM

Championship.

Championship.

Championship.

Championship.

Championship.

Championship.

Dec 20, 2020, 9:10 AM

So you think we are spoiled and your daughter did or didn’t cry, I missed it?

Dec 20, 2020, 9:19 AM

That’s gotta be a record.
LOL

Skalski is going to be an amazing DC one day if he wants it***

Dec 20, 2020, 9:00 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2020, 12:22 PM

It's easy for me to admit that the past 10 years of Dabo Ball has spoiled Me, but, being spoiled is much better than the hurt and anger that I felt over many games before Dabo Ball. I'll take spoiled anyday over 6-6, 7-5, 8-4 seasons!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am certainly spoiled with being able to go to the games.

Dec 21, 2020, 12:38 PM

The ACCCG being in CLT and not going stinks. Looks like it will be the same for the next two. Did I say it stinks?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 21, 2020, 4:14 PM

I agree 110%

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Class of '87

Dec 21, 2020, 4:21 PM

Two comments:

1. #3. Dabo's style is not the future. Coaches can try to copy his style, method, process, whatever. But, they can't be Dabo. Dabo's style works because of the character and integrity of Dabo.

2. #6. Yes, you are. Never, ever take it for granted or think of it an an entitlement. It is not an entitlement. It is a blessing.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic