Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: TV announcers for Clemson-Notre Dame
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

TNET: TV announcers for Clemson-Notre Dame

Nov 2, 2020, 2:16 PM

TV announcers for Clemson-Notre Dame

No. 1 Clemson will face off against No. 4 Notre Dame in South Bend on Saturday at 7:30 p.m (NBC). Mike Tirico (play-by-play), Tony Dungy (analyst), Kathryn Tapp Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im excited to hear Dungy call a game...

Nov 2, 2020, 2:33 PM

Tirico is a pro as well. It'll be a welcome change.

When was the last time we played on NBC? Gator Bowl vs. Nebraska in 2008...was that NBC?

Re: Im excited to hear Dungy call a game...

Nov 2, 2020, 3:18 PM

I am surprised, pleasantly surprised that Tirico and Dungy will call the game. I had figured it would be Kirk and Chris, since the Gameday crew will be there Sat. Tony Dungy is one of my favorite people.

Its on NBC ... ESPN is ABC***

Nov 2, 2020, 3:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 3:55 PM [ in reply to Re: Im excited to hear Dungy call a game... ]

It's on NBC, the Notre Dame Broadcasting Network.

Nov 2, 2020, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Im excited to hear Dungy call a game... ]

How come some ND games are on NBC and some are not? Is it that all ND home games are on NBC and road games are whoever else?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 9:41 PM

NBC contract with ND covers all their home games, and those game pay them the big money, and that is why ND won't join a conference, they would lose the NBC contract if they did, and they're not giving up that big money contract for a conference!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2020, 9:07 AM

Thought I saw some #'s that stated ND would make more money in the conference. It might just be arrogance instead.

At this point, yes,

Nov 4, 2020, 11:57 AM

ND would make more money in a conference. However that was always true. Their current TV contract was set in place in 2013 and runs through 2025.

They're in a no loose situation now. By the time they negotiate their next contract, they'll have some compelling reasons to join a conference, and NBC will have to cough up some major money (which I think they will).

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great question, I was wondering the same thing

Nov 2, 2020, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Im excited to hear Dungy call a game... ]

re: the last time we played on NBC.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Nov 4, 2020, 12:03 PM [ in reply to Im excited to hear Dungy call a game... ]

ClemfanWV said:

When was the last time we played on NBC? Gator Bowl vs. Nebraska in 2008...was that NBC?

CBS

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=290010228

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: TV announcers for Clemson-Notre Dame

Nov 2, 2020, 3:59 PM

I'm thinking Tirico and Dungy, both NFL broadcasters, will be straighter down the middle with these two teams than two ESPNSEC announcers. I doubt we will be hearing much about O310 State or Alabama.

For me it’s good news since...

Nov 2, 2020, 4:14 PM

I get NBC (and ABC & FOX Sports) on my Comcast Cable setup even though when I cancelled 1/2 of my program’s stations back after Jan 2020 Natty Game to save $140 a month..

it sadly took off ESPN, Fox News, MSNBC, CNN & others I watched at times.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 4:38 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: TV announcers for Clemson-Notre Dame ]

You will get Homer announcing they are the ND network very pro ND. They are not very down the middle from what I have seen. Very pro ND!

Nov 4, 2020, 1:10 PM

Not true at all. Tirico and Dungy are pretty much down the middle. They have been great to listen to. Especially after listening to Flutie for too many years. His Boston College disdain for ND was pretty evident in every game. You would have loved him. lol

Nov 2, 2020, 5:07 PM

As long as no one on the broadcast has a son that plays for ND it should be enjoyable. It will also help that both teams are Top 5.

Nov 2, 2020, 6:39 PM

NBC = 1080I, OTA TV on NBC always looks better than compressed cable, streaming or 720 OTA stations. Hook up the antenna, mute the sound and tune into WCCP for the broadcast.

Nov 2, 2020, 8:12 PM

I watched part of a ND game on NBC earlier this year and Tony Dungy was the most biased commentator I have heard in years. He is so pro - ND he even said that he would be very upset if a call that went against ND wasn’t reversed by replay. The call on the field was correct and was upheld and he was beside himself. Terribly biased commentating. I may be finding the mute button early in this one.

Nov 2, 2020, 8:19 PM

Tony Dungy and Dabo are very good friends though. May make a difference in the broadcast feel.

Nov 2, 2020, 8:19 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: TV announcers for Clemson-Notre Dame ]

Tony Dungy and Dabo are very good friends though. May make a difference in the broadcast feel.

I think generally speaking...

Nov 4, 2020, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: TNET: TV announcers for Clemson-Notre Dame ]

those that tune in to NBC to watch Notre Dame are Irish fans, certainly against the teams they have played at home this season. They know that and being they are the flagship station for Notre Dame, they cater to it accordingly.

it'll be different on saturday with the entire CFB watching country tuning in. I would expect a more unbiased commentary

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic