Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Does anyone watch Beyond the Wormhole?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Does anyone watch Beyond the Wormhole?

Feb 12, 2014, 11:29 AM

I could've swore in one of those episodes 'Riddles of the Universe' that Clemson University was mentioned as they talked to a professor from here. If it was Clemson, then that same professor was on Hartwell lake talking about Quantum Theory....pretty cool seeing our U getting a shoutout!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm beginning to think those theorists have no idea what

Feb 12, 2014, 11:50 AM

the heck is going on. A plumber not too long ago corrected Hawking on the conservation of mass theory. Hawking is now claiming no black holes I think? Will wait for the plumber's official take on that.

we're all morons if you consider what we don't know & not

Feb 12, 2014, 12:07 PM

what we do.

it's a big universe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're right dsp

Feb 12, 2014, 12:10 PM

We're all just waiting on the mothership. But if the mothership doesn't have an IPTAY sticker, then I ain't gettin on it.

Re: You're right dsp

Feb 12, 2014, 12:17 PM

photo hbhgtd_zps1bd0d0b7.jpg

agreed, i didn't see no iptay sticker on hale-bopp; must of been a heck of a ride though.

wonder if they sold weekend passes like disney?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The greatest minds believed the earth was flat for 5000 yrs

Feb 12, 2014, 12:14 PM [ in reply to we're all morons if you consider what we don't know & not ]

or so. You is right indeed

ever heard of plato, aristotle... socrates?

Feb 12, 2014, 12:19 PM

morons.

Aristotle, is he that fellar that sings for The Black Eyed Peas?

Feb 12, 2014, 12:23 PM

And we all know 7 time Grammy winner Plato.

never get involved in a land war in Asia.***

Feb 12, 2014, 6:46 PM [ in reply to ever heard of plato, aristotle... socrates? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line.***

Feb 12, 2014, 7:28 PM

Global warming is caused by SEC hot air***

Feb 12, 2014, 12:20 PM [ in reply to The greatest minds believed the earth was flat for 5000 yrs ]

Wrong!

Feb 13, 2014, 12:07 AM [ in reply to The greatest minds believed the earth was flat for 5000 yrs ]

Some Egyptian "librarian" calculated the circumference of the earth based on the angle of the sun's deviation from the equator (Sienna) to Alexandria.

Many great minds had it right all along and many could deduce the same from observations such as: the masts of ships appearing on the horizon before the ships themselves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. Did not know folks would take my post seriously

Feb 13, 2014, 3:20 PM

but I agree

Actually, you can blame the church for creating that lie.***

Feb 13, 2014, 10:14 AM [ in reply to The greatest minds believed the earth was flat for 5000 yrs ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Yeah, I think you were pretty much toast if you countered

Feb 13, 2014, 3:18 PM

the church.

Most well known cosmological science is wrong! Search these.

Feb 12, 2014, 12:31 PM [ in reply to I'm beginning to think those theorists have no idea what ]

The Electric Universe, The Electric Sun, The Thunderbolts Project, Saturn Myth. Several great videos on Youtube include... Thunderbolts of the Gods, Remembering the End of the World, and Symbols of an Alien Sky. The production values of these videos rival anything seen on National Geographic, The History Channel or PBS's Nova. Really thought provoking stuff!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's science. And it's not being wrong it's progress.

Feb 12, 2014, 12:37 PM

You have a theory and someone disproves it and replaces it with a new theory and this happens over and over. It's how humans study natural fact.

some of that theory becomes law; that's why we have

Feb 12, 2014, 12:41 PM

ticker takes.

fingers crossed.

Too lazy here for that kinda effort. Will wait for the next

Feb 12, 2014, 12:40 PM [ in reply to Most well known cosmological science is wrong! Search these. ]

plumber to do that.

Re: I'm beginning to think those theorists have no idea what

Feb 12, 2014, 1:35 PM [ in reply to I'm beginning to think those theorists have no idea what ]

Are you referring to the Stanford physics professor who was a plumber when he was 16? A little different than just any plumber.

He thought he was being slick by leaving that info out***

Feb 12, 2014, 2:33 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

boo to both of u lol***

Feb 12, 2014, 4:28 PM

The problem with black holes is the math and physics don't agree with understood principles

Feb 12, 2014, 12:05 PM

"Last week, famed physicist Stephen Hawking made headlines with this bold statement: “there are no black holes.”

Those words come directly from Hawking’s latest paper, but they are contained within a larger point involving the mechanics of a black hole and its famous “event horizon.” (That’s the area thought to exist around a black hole from which nothing, not even light, can escape.) To be clear, Hawking was not claiming that black holes don’t exist. Astronomers have been observing black holes for decades, said Joseph Polchinski, theoretical physicist at the Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics at the University of California, Santa Barbara.

What Hawking did was propose an explanation to one of the most puzzling problems in theoretical physics. How can black holes exist when they seem to break two fundamental laws of physics — Einstein’s laws of relativity and quantum mechanics."

Fortunately, black holes are elusive similar to scar trophies. But expand with sec speed. Their, black holes, disagreement with known properties and disciplines will be overlooked by the NCAA. ;)

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic