Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'll throw this sure to be unpopular sentiment out there.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

I'll throw this sure to be unpopular sentiment out there.

Oct 25, 2020, 8:08 AM

Does anyone else think that the seeming lack of focus in the game yesterday, and at other times on special teams,etc, may stem from the fact that the team is on Social Media this year for the first time in years? House divided, and all that stuff....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll throw this sure to be unpopular sentiment out there.

Oct 25, 2020, 8:13 AM

I don’t think so. The focus in practice is practice.

Now if guys are working less on their craft because the want to play on social media that is a different story.

My goodness this stuff and the pandemic with kids though. We just had to put some serious time limits for screen time in place for our kids with this hybrid school model in MN.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 8:14 AM

A bunch of teams looked "winded" yesterday. I'm wondering if not having a regular off-season and fall camp hasn't had an affect on a bunch of teams

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 8:20 AM

Anything is possible in 2020, but I think when teams are 40+ point favorites it is very difficult to perform up to those lofty standards. Hopefully our “sloppy” win will wake everyone up and we will start running the ball with authority and help out the passing game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 1:04 PM

Welcome to Tigernet Mikey.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Oct 25, 2020, 8:28 AM

I think we were missing Skalski - a LOT!

Oct 25, 2020, 8:29 AM

Clemson plays one game like this every year and this was it. They still won the game by 26 points with the worst performance of the year.
I'll trust Dabo to correct the performance issues.

I thought the performance yesterday was a hiccup,

Oct 25, 2020, 9:05 AM

following the massive blowout of GT last week, although I wasn't concerned about our ability to win.

We heard all week about the point spread, about the Cuse' loss to Liberty, and I imagine there was enough overconfidence to fill a dump truck.

Those kinds of burps and f@rts occur sometimes, but I'd be surprised, if you see the same next week against BC. The staff and team know what they have to do.

Yet, I smiled at a friend's remark about our game: "Your Tigers go out and have an 'off' day...and still beat the other team by 26 points!" Yes, we did...yes, we did!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought the performance yesterday was a hiccup,

Oct 25, 2020, 10:36 AM

"Your Tigers go out and have an 'off' day...and still beat the other team by 26 points!"

Everyone should have this kind of problem.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Oct 25, 2020, 9:10 AM

Having been around football for years, players and coaches some time lose focus on playing their game and playing down to their opponents. Being favored by 45 points yesterday did not help. It’s like we took a Saturday afternoon ride down the road and we just put it cruise control but realized it was not a typical Saturday drive. There were a few potholes, rough road and detours along our ride. We just had to refocus on our journey and still made it to our destination. Go Tigers!

Oct 25, 2020, 9:16 AM

You will not raise any unpopularity with me when it comes to social media. I blame that crap for the downfall of our society as a country. I wholeheartedly believe the players are more distracted and less focused with the access to social media.

Short answer YES I do agree with your sentiment

Oct 25, 2020, 3:05 PM

Hypocrite. You do realize your on social media?
Or maybe you do and are admitting you have contributed to the Downfall of society.

I think it probably has more to do with the fact that we

Oct 25, 2020, 9:27 AM

are dealing with 18 to 22 year old young men and, like everybody else, they can have a day where not everything is clicking. These things happen and it is not indicative of a systemic problem or anything else. The good news is that we don't have many of these "off kilter" days and yet we still managed to put 47 points on the scoreboard yesterday. There are a lot of other teams that would give their left leg to be able to score 47 points on a great day much less scoring that many points on a not so good day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think it probably has more to do with the fact that we

Oct 25, 2020, 9:40 AM

Bingo. Teenagers and young 20's guys believed they just had to show up. We had some studs out on D. Syracuse like everyone else gives us their best effort. Ball took a few off bounces. I think this is good it happened when it did. I will admit that I was getting a sick feeling in my stomach much like when Pitt beat us. We come back strong this week!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Games against inferior opponents are like

Oct 25, 2020, 9:40 AM

Me when I had to go with my parents on a Sunday afternoon to visit my 90 year Old aunt in nowhere SAkerliner. I just wasn’t “up” for it.

Oct 25, 2020, 9:42 AM

Agree. However, Syracuse used the advertised point spread as motivation and had a very attentive
practice week.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 9:44 AM

No

Joe Biden caused it from his basement..

Oct 25, 2020, 9:49 AM

by putting a Donkey curse on us since he’s a proud Orangeman & Cuse grad!

Ha..

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Joe Biden caused it from his basement..

Oct 25, 2020, 9:54 AM

^^^^^^ +1 vote for POD

So what you’re saying is...no matter who wins this election it will be an Orangeman either way??????

I hope we have more 25 point victories to blame..

Oct 25, 2020, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Joe Biden caused it from his basement.. ]

On social media! A win is a win and the mistakes made yesterday are correctable.

Oct 25, 2020, 9:56 AM

I think the whole team may have had Frosted Flakes as their only meal to start the day.

No, BUT I do think it’s better to be off social media.***

Oct 25, 2020, 9:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 10:04 AM

They have been on social media all season. This is one game. Unless something specific happened on social media, I think not.

It is a long season and the baseline stress and distraction of Covid etc will have its toll.

My son is a Soph at UNC and the crap that is 2020 is starting to get to him. I think it is a little tougher on the youngsters than us older people.

Agree

Oct 25, 2020, 10:11 AM

Past teams used the “social media time“ to spend more time watching film.

They need to get off of it and refocus.

Hoping yesterday will wake them up. Because that performance won’t win against ND, VT, ACC Championship, playoff, and Natty. Too much on the line to me messing around on Twitter. Save it for later...only one shot at this 2020 season!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2020, 10:26 AM

I blame Dabo’s wearing a pink jacket and tie. Hard to have a killer mentality wearing bright pink. ??

Oct 25, 2020, 12:22 PM

There are SO many other differences in this season that i don't think you can just pick out one thing that may have contributed.

Oct 25, 2020, 1:59 PM

Yes. Absolutely. Probably not in the top 3 or 4 reasons, but it has to have been a factor. Anything that ends up being a distraction - distracts. No matter how important one thinks something is or how passionate they are - can it alter their focus on their main job? Sure.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic