Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’ll be all for
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 2,584

I’ll be all for

Nov 28, 2020, 9:27 PM

A girl in football once she earns it on talent and not pandering. I could really go without seeing a forced agenda on 8 channels though. Anyone have a game on with no agenda?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’ll be all for

Nov 28, 2020, 9:30 PM

But pandering is what the Western world is all about now. Something about being at the top of the Maslow’s hierarchy of needs. We now only have time for all the stupid stuff now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Nov 28, 2020, 9:31 PM

I’ve seen some bad male FG kickers. She might be an upgrade on some!

Nov 28, 2020, 9:32 PM

That’s true! She might give Lakip a run

Nov 28, 2020, 9:33 PM

Couldn’t help but notice she did not look small out there. I looked up her height and weight. Height is 6’2”, weight listed as “unknown”. That struck me as funny. Never ask a woman her weight. New precedent in college football??

Nov 28, 2020, 9:36 PM

I have. It is not recommended, but I had an agenda.
Yes, I won the day.

I’ll say this. I have Seen collegiate women kick a soccer ball much, much better so I tend to think it was a “funny” looking squib though wonder if the nerves jumped all over her.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Interesting you assume she’s not there based on talent

Nov 28, 2020, 9:37 PM

The team had a need, and a resource to fill that need. What in that is objectionable to you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Interesting you assume she’s not there based on talent

Nov 28, 2020, 9:40 PM

I guess my assumption is that there are probably many options and I find it hard to believe in the most political year of my life that this isn’t based on talent. I may be wrong but hopefully it doesn’t come off as hateful. Just don’t want sports to enter the sympathy world

Nov 28, 2020, 9:41 PM

Is based on talent *

Nov 28, 2020, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Interesting you assume she’s not there based on talent ]

TigerB69 said:

I guess my assumption is that there are probably many options and I find it hard to believe in the most political year of my life that this isn’t based on talent. I may be wrong but hopefully it doesn’t come off as hateful. Just don’t want sports to enter the sympathy world

Are you good at kicking field goals?

Nov 28, 2020, 9:45 PM

To be fair I did kick in high school and kicked plenty 40+
Not saying I’m better but I did have some decent kicking ability!

Nov 28, 2020, 9:48 PM

I kissed pretty well back in the day, but I have a feeling she’d probably school half of us in soccer and probably kicking FG as well.

Nov 28, 2020, 9:48 PM

Kicked*

Nov 28, 2020, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Interesting you assume she’s not there based on talent ]

No doubt! Not comparing her to me fortunately

Nov 28, 2020, 9:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Interesting you assume she’s not there based on talent ]

No doubt! Not comparing her to me fortunately

Nov 28, 2020, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Interesting you assume she’s not there based on talent ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not calling you hateful.

Nov 28, 2020, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Re: Interesting you assume she’s not there based on talent ]

Just pointing out again that your assumption is that she is only in that position because of reasons outside of their need and her talent. If you start with that assumption then anything other than an all-world talent will always fall prey to that line of thinking.

I have no idea how talented a kicker she is. What I do know is that vandy had a need at that position and filled it with another scholarship athlete at the school. I see no reason to think much beyond that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not calling you hateful.

Nov 28, 2020, 9:51 PM

Just a question here because I don’t know the answer. Did they say why they looked to the women’s soccer team in lieu of the men’s soccer team?

Nov 28, 2020, 9:55 PM

Probably because they don’t have a men’s soccer team.

Nov 28, 2020, 9:58 PM

Lol. Wow. Did not know.

Nov 28, 2020, 9:59 PM

I actually had to Google lol.

Nov 28, 2020, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Not calling you hateful. ]

I can see why you think that, I just don’t agree that she was (most likely) the best option and if it wasn’t for the world we live in today, she wouldn’t be on the team. Which I find unfair to the girl who earns it one day. I appreciate your input.

Then you’re probably not thinking

Nov 28, 2020, 9:53 PM [ in reply to Not calling you hateful. ]

Vandy is an Uber liberal-leftest university so this surprises me zero.

Ever been to a HS kicking camp? I have been to several. From what I have seen today on TV, she would never get beyond middle school level. I have a tough time thinking no one else on Vandy could easily fill her shoes (better). If they can’t, Mason proved he is supremely unqualified to be a college coach.

BTW, I have two daughters who were excellent athletes and played collegiate sports so it has nothing to do with anything other than reality as I see it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Then you’re probably not thinking

Nov 28, 2020, 9:58 PM

I agree. She kicked that squib and got the heck out of the way. I also saw a clip of her practicing at chip shot range. Just hard for me to believe no athlete on that team couldn’t do as well or better. Like you I’m ok with it if the girl is better than every guy on the team. Was that the case of did Vandy seize a PC opportunity?

Nov 28, 2020, 10:03 PM

I saw that clip as well. It appeared she was practicing extra points and was not impressive.

Nov 28, 2020, 10:13 PM

Yeah I thought all D1 teams had men’s soccer. I learned something there.

Fair enough

Nov 28, 2020, 9:59 PM [ in reply to Then you’re probably not thinking ]

I’ve been to a few kicking camps, though admittedly I was never good enough to think about doing it beyond early high school. I’m, again, not claiming it is impossible this is a political move... I simply see no reason to jump to the “liberal school being pc” argument. To me it seems dismissive and you disagree, that’s cool. No reason for me to argue you aren’t thinking or for you to argue the same about me.

My bad thom!

Nov 29, 2020, 9:09 AM

I should have used a different phrase. I wasn’t trying to be argumentative but certainly see where it came across that way.
I know several guys who played at Vandy and they tell me how bad the PC bus is there. But yes, I think Mason wanted to gain favor with the AD, Administration and get some national attention by playing her. We could differ on the why’s but, to me, there is zero chance she was the most qualified to be their kicker.
Cheers and again, I apologize.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's all good

Nov 29, 2020, 9:47 AM

Admittedly I was tired last night and may not have read your post in the manner intended. It's all good, Go Tigers.

Was she really the most qualified/best option though?

Nov 29, 2020, 10:00 AM [ in reply to Interesting you assume she’s not there based on talent ]

Vandy does not have a men's soccer team but they do have a club team. Its likely one of those guys has a far more powerful leg for kickoffs and field goals. The US Women's NATIONAL soccer team is regularly defeated by the boys under 15 national team.

I'm totally fine with it if she really was the best option, and she may well have been. But it just seems an awful lot like a publicity stunt from a team that had no real chance at winning and is unlikely to win a game this season. If this was Bama and there was a chance the field goal kicker could make or break the iron bowl, is this who you think they would run out there?

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 28, 2020, 9:55 PM

Perfect make a wish moment
-coach is getting fired so no real consequences
-COVID
-vandy is the worst p-5 team/program in the country
-no effect on the game, they’re getting blown out regardless
-Colorado already had a girl kicker...is it really history?
-is a kickoff to the 35 actually good for coed football?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No more football, just agendaball !

Nov 28, 2020, 10:10 PM

lol

Replies: 31
| visibility 2,584
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic