Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Injury Concerns
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 4,112

Injury Concerns

Nov 3, 2020, 7:40 AM

I am just going through the available roster and wondering who are the players that we can most ill-afford to lose this weekend. In my opinion, the players on this list are largely not stars. As an example, I would not include ETN as he has experienced, quality backups. To me, this is more about the drop off if a given player were unable to play.

Here is my list:
1. DJU
2. Jake Venables
3. Brian Bresee (assuming no Tyler Davis)
4. Amari Rogers (depending on other WR availability)
5. Jordan McFadden

Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Injury Concerns

Nov 3, 2020, 8:15 AM

Tyler Davis is back along with Mike Jones , Ngata and Ladson

Nov 3, 2020, 8:35 AM

Not to be a Debbie downer but I’ve heard they are not back yet despite being on the depth chart they’re still day to day.

I'll be SHOCKED if they're not back for this game***

Nov 3, 2020, 8:57 AM

Re: I'll be SHOCKED if they're not back for this game***

Nov 3, 2020, 9:09 AM

Sometimes a healthy backup is better than a hurt starter. I’d rather let them rest and get to 100% personally. While a loss would absolutely suck if we heal up and get back to 100% across the board we will throttle them in the ACCCG.

Nov 3, 2020, 8:34 AM

Venables? Simpson is doing terrific behind him so far.

Nov 3, 2020, 8:40 AM

Simpson is Mike Jones Jr backup. Keith McGuire is Jake's backup

Nov 3, 2020, 9:03 AM

ETN's backups might be quality and experienced players, but ENT is special. With ETN, a screen or outlet pass is quickly a touchdown without proper leverage. We can pickup third and long without putting too much of DJ, we can make first down, second and reasonable(not that we have been able to do that a lot this year), and it makes them load the box. Without him him in the game, they will be able to drop 8 or blitz at will. The read option, which I think will be a major part of the game plan, as Notre Dame has struggled on QB runs, won't be nearly as effective. The difference when he was out against Syracuse was huge and that was with Trevor still in the game. The quality of player behind ETN might be better, but other than DJU, I think his production drop-off and what it will do to how they play us schematically would be the most notable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2020, 10:14 AM

I respect your opinion and to a large extent agree with you. I am probably looking at this from too much of a perspective of winning this game against ND. If ETN goes down, we will not win this game by multiple scores, but I still think we can win going conservative. I just do not see ND scoring enough to force us into a situation where we have to throw every down. To me, that is the situation where would have to have ETN as he is a total game changer.

Replies: 8
| visibility 4,112
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic