Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will it be the Feaster and Etienne show against Bama?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Will it be the Feaster and Etienne show against Bama?

Dec 28, 2017, 10:48 AM

Do you think we will mostly run Feaster and Etienne against Bama? It has been kind of annoying this year how much we have used choice and Fuller. It seemed that when feaster would start to get in a rhythm he would be taken out.

If you remember, it took gallman about 6 games of being the primary back before he got comfortable. Spiller also wasn’t comfortable until his breakout game against GT in 2006.

That’s my only complaint for the coaches this year. They haven’t had a consistent RB rotation.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will it be the Feaster and Etienne show against Bama?

Dec 28, 2017, 10:57 AM

The flip side is that it's kept all four runners (and KB, for the most part) healthy. They are now primed and ready to turn on the jets. GoooooooTigers!!!!!!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2017, 11:02 AM

That is true. Let’s hope so! Also, if Etienne or Feaster get hurt, the two others ha e experience.

Dec 28, 2017, 11:03 AM

Keeps em fresh for late in the game but it does help to get a feel for a team I agree.

If you want to win, you play the best back you have as much

Dec 28, 2017, 11:06 AM

as you need to.

Re: If you want to win, you play the best back you have as much

Dec 28, 2017, 11:16 AM

I agree. With most teams it is play your best 2 backs until the game is in hand, and then you play the 3rd and 4th string. With us it had been each back plays 1 out of 4 series. It has gotten pretty frustrating.

Dec 28, 2017, 11:56 AM

Agreed! We don't need to spread the ball around to keep happy for these next two games.

Dec 28, 2017, 11:58 AM

> Agreed! We don't need to spread the ball around to
> keep happy for these next two games.

Insert "players" happy.

just don't fumble my football and we be okay

Dec 28, 2017, 11:07 AM

just don't fumble my football and we be okay

I would like to see that, but I think Bama's #1 priority

Dec 28, 2017, 11:22 AM

will be to stop the run. They are going to load up the box and try to force us to throw it.

I would love to see TnT go off on them, but it will be tough. I think we'll have more success on runs outside the tackles. It will be tough going straight up the gut.

If we can wear them down like we have the last two games, then they will have a good chance to go off in the 4th.

Wearing them down is the reason we continue to go...

Dec 28, 2017, 11:52 AM

straight up the gut. Having a few breakaways and all 11 defenders chasing the ball is part of the concept of wearing them down. Even when it only yields two yard it's working.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2017, 11:23 AM

With Alabama's run defense, I think we use more screens and QB runs. We will rotate the backs often to keep them fresh. Etienne will have more rushing yards but Feaster is better coming out of the backfield on the screens.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

For your consideration:

Dec 28, 2017, 11:49 AM

Our philosophy is to wear a defense out. If you remember Danny you remember how devastating that can be. We also have the luxury of having four well developed RBs who can hold onto the ball.

Clearly their running and blocking skills are different. Running all of them early keeps all four fresh but also hide whether any one of them is in the game to take the handoff or just for pass protection.

Those with weaker blocking skills need to be developed but not at the expense of continually allowing KB to be sacked, hurried or chased out of the pocket.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Bryant stretched the field some and keeps them honest..

Dec 28, 2017, 12:02 PM

for sure they will have huge days running. If Bama just packs it in, it will be tough. I think Bryant stretches the field some and it loosens Bama D up.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic