Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you loved Clemson, but you are turned off by messages of
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

If you loved Clemson, but you are turned off by messages of

Oct 3, 2020, 11:42 PM

peace, love, unity and togetherness, then goodbye. We won’t miss you one bit and you weren’t really a Clemson fan. We’re the best fan base in the world and we’re better off without you. Coots.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^ POTD ^^^ Words of wisdom.***

Oct 3, 2020, 11:46 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you loved Clemson, but you are turned off by messages of

Oct 3, 2020, 11:46 PM

Tell em coot

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2020, 11:47 PM

Go back to FGF dirtpecker

Oct 3, 2020, 11:52 PM

Did you invent the Atkins diet?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 3, 2020, 11:49 PM

If I was playing defense I wouldn’t want the words peace and love staring me in the face every play. How about “bust em up”, “slobber knocker” and “pole axe” for some motivation?

Oct 3, 2020, 11:50 PM

Me not like because sometimes I don’t know a number. That’s about my only criticism.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well, what if I hate togetherness...

Oct 3, 2020, 11:56 PM

but really like cooperation?

It's just a personal preference.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm curious what "justice" and "equality" are supposed

Oct 4, 2020, 1:43 PM

to signify? Otherwise no problem with the cool buzzwords, other than I don't think this type of stuff belongs in sports.

Oct 3, 2020, 11:59 PM

Unity had about 34 tackles tonight, not sure how people can be upset in that.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 12:02 AM

Unity can’t hold Enough’s cod strap.

Oct 4, 2020, 12:05 AM

enough had one heck of a game, both of them.

Oct 4, 2020, 12:17 AM

Enough, Enough, already. I just think it was great seeing Peace up & down the field.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 4, 2020, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Re: If you loved Clemson, but you are turned off by messages of ]

Peace wrought havoc on the UVA secondary

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Venables was only using like 3 or 4 guys on defense

Oct 4, 2020, 12:34 AM [ in reply to Re: If you loved Clemson, but you are turned off by messages of ]

The man is insane.

Oct 4, 2020, 12:00 AM

You are taking a very simple minded approach GWP. If you asked anyone of the Clemson fans who disagrees with the jersey names if they think people should be peaceful and respect each other, virtually everyone of them would say yes they think that. The problem with the names is not that they don't believe this, but that it has an over-arching political message, that there is a large portion of America that is systemically racist.

You don't get to decide who is and is not a Clemson fan just because you have a bunch of points on TigerNet. Let some air out of your head.

Oversimplifying arguments and attacking people who disagree

Oct 4, 2020, 12:07 AM

is how Princess rolls.

Of course she knows that everyone here is for peace and justice and unity. She’s wanting someone to take the bait and disagree. That way, she and her gal pals here can all pile on.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

gal pals?

Oct 4, 2020, 12:12 AM

I know I've been away. I thought it was the RAG

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: gal pals?

Oct 4, 2020, 12:14 AM

TESLA got snuffed while you were gone, Karen is in charge of labels now.

interesting...

Oct 4, 2020, 12:19 AM

I've got a third option to look at the jersey names.

I have no issue with the words on the jersey, although I prefer them to use their names (I didn't have my glasses on when Booth made that first awesome plat, and I'm like "who the heck is Lowe?")

While many of us older farts associate these actions with political dogma, it is quite possible that these young men do not see it that way. Maybe we should let them figure things out on their own.

I think people stay way too offended most of the time.

Re: interesting...

Oct 4, 2020, 12:27 AM

I just love watching them play, and it seems love and unity are words that should not offend people. We could use a lot more of that, especially now.

Oct 4, 2020, 12:23 AM [ in reply to Re: If you loved Clemson, but you are turned off by messages of ]

CTiger18® said:

You are taking a very simple minded approach GWP. If you asked anyone of the Clemson fans who disagrees with the jersey names if they think people should be peaceful and respect each other, virtually everyone of them would say yes they think that. The problem with the names is not that they don't believe this, but that it has an over-arching political message, that there is a large portion of America that is systemically racist.

You don't get to decide who is and is not a Clemson fan just because you have a bunch of points on TigerNet. Let some air out of your head.

SJWs and virtue signalers are the same no matter what board or forum they post on. Since I started noticing this phenomenon 5 years ago it hasn't changed at all, same ###### for every topic.

Oct 4, 2020, 9:06 AM

Yup. That’s why I turned it off. Half my wardrobe is orange, alum, IPTAY donor even though I’m out of state to support the team. Don’t need political messages jammed down my throat when I’m trying to unplug on a Saturday.

Oct 4, 2020, 1:32 PM [ in reply to Re: If you loved Clemson, but you are turned off by messages of ]

"The problem with the names is not that they don't believe this, but that it has an over-arching political message, that there is a large portion of America that is systemically racist."

Eye of the beholder at work here. What I saw were a bunch of Dabo Swinney led Clemson players putting the sort of words that define our program on their backs.

I think we are all equal in the sight of God, so EQUALITY does not offend me.
I often hope and pray others know the PEACE of the Lord in what are for them hard times.
When I see the word "LOVE" I think about Love God, Love your neighbor.
For me 'Justice' is a call for the the right things to happen.

If you think such words are overarchingly political, then I, a life long conservative voter, think you are overarchingly political. I believe you are working in a narrow box. I'd guess you'll work to teach the values of those words to your kids, not to tell them they are bad or particularly negative or overtly political concepts.

Agreed, but we know in this current political environment that

Oct 4, 2020, 1:48 PM

putting justice and equality on there would seem to indicate there is a lack thereof.

Right?

Oct 4, 2020, 7:40 PM [ in reply to Re: If you loved Clemson, but you are turned off by messages of ]

Well answer me this Harley. If it is the players just wanting to randomly promote good messages on their uniforms, why are they doing it now? Why haven't they done it any other time?

If you don't think the messages correspond with the political discourse currently going on in America, then you are living under a rock.

As mentioned before, if these messages were not connected to anything political then nobody on these boards would be complaining. We all agree with peace love respect etc...

Oct 4, 2020, 1:44 PM [ in reply to Re: If you loved Clemson, but you are turned off by messages of ]

CTiger18® said:

And you don't get to decide what the message is and assign it to politics and decide it means they think a large portion of Anerica feels anyway. Get a life - unity, peace, love, etc. are good, benign thoughts that you somehow want to mis-characterize without proof.

Oct 4, 2020, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: If you loved Clemson, but you are turned off by messages of ]

^^^This^^^

I’m ok with concept but hate I don’t know the players real

Oct 4, 2020, 12:01 AM

Name. Really sucks for the 2s and 3s

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’m ok with concept but hate I don’t know the players real

Oct 4, 2020, 12:04 AM

they have numbers on their jerseys and TNet has a roster on the front page you goof. Do you even like Clemson Football?

Oct 4, 2020, 7:07 AM

Really? So now watching the game has to be made into an exercise with homework. No thanks.

Oct 4, 2020, 8:11 AM

You only watched the first half. Are you North Korean?

Oct 4, 2020, 12:07 AM

Whatever it takes to make these young men feel relevant and play football under full scholarship -- that's really what it's all about. Winning. Isn't it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YeP, some of this political & social crap crammed down the viewers throat

Oct 4, 2020, 12:22 AM

may even make Dabo cringe inside a tiny bit but what choice does a man making $9,200,000 (minus 10% salary reduction) a year have when he loves his job & needs the best athletes to make the program succeed.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

is it really crammed down our throats?

Oct 4, 2020, 12:26 AM

can we watch the game and choose not to be offended if it indeed offends us.

I am amazed at how little control people have over their own emotions.

Re: is it really crammed down our throats?

Oct 4, 2020, 12:37 AM

Bunch of little snowflakes.

who?

Oct 4, 2020, 12:38 AM

the players or those offended by words on jerseys?

Re: is it really crammed down our throats?

Oct 4, 2020, 12:37 AM [ in reply to is it really crammed down our throats? ]

Bunch of little snowflakes.

By your logic, there should be no problem with Tillman and Calhoun

Oct 4, 2020, 10:22 PM [ in reply to is it really crammed down our throats? ]

being associated with the university.

Just choose not to be offended, right?

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

where is the Nappiness? cant have peace&luv w/o nappiness

Oct 4, 2020, 9:21 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3gbeRyOPqc

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Oct 4, 2020, 1:15 PM

I now know who and what players just made those plays. The radio crew didn’t miss a beat. I’ll continue to just listen and it frees up my TV to watch other games. Oklahoma and Iowa State was a great game last night. Brings back great memories of teams from the past. I killed two birds with one stone, solved my problem of TV and radio being off a couple of plays and also not having to be told what I have to believe. Go ahead, tell me to take a hike. I already have....stopped all giving when stipends came into the picture. Stopped buying souvenirs and clothes when the athletes were allowed to be paid. It’s not going to bother me at all to just walk away. There are a number of smaller schools in the state that I feel would like a little love to come their way. Besides, it would be a welcome change for me and my family. The biggest problem and maybe the only one with college athletics, is they are associated with colleges and universities!!!

Oct 4, 2020, 2:13 PM

I miss their names on their jerseys.

Oct 4, 2020, 3:24 PM

I don't think that anybody would be turned off by the messages as they are if, I think that the steady feeding of BLM marxist BS leading to the messages is what fans are frowning about more so than a message!!! Personally, I am a huuuuge all lives matter type of person myself!!!! Go Tigersssss!!!!

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

Oct 4, 2020, 4:23 PM

Since when is Love, Peace and Unity- political statements?
They are doing what they came to Clemson to do, which is play football, win football games and become better men.

I totally agree- nobody is forcing you to watch them play.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic