Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Gonna Get The Vaccine
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

Gonna Get The Vaccine

Jan 12, 2021, 8:20 PM

Had a call this afternoon that I am scheduled for my Covid-19 vaccine at 9:05 AM on Friday, Jan. 15.

and, as a bonus. . . .

Two rabid Ohio State fans were driving down to Miami for the championship game. On their way down they decided to visit the Tampa/St. Petersburg area. Near Tampa they decided to find a fast food restaurant for a cup of coffee so they took an exit near Thonotosassa. As they sat there drinking their coffee, one of the men wondered how to pronounce the name of the city. He decided to to ask the young girl behind the counter. Adorned in his Ohio State garb, he ambled up to the counter and said, "Young lady, how do you pronounce the name of this place? Say it slowly so I can get it correctly". The young lady responded, "B u r g e r K i n g".

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Gonna Get The Vaccine

Jan 12, 2021, 8:41 PM

Good one Joe. I’m getting my shot tomorrow. I’ll let everyone know if I wake up Thursday with an extra eye or something.

*UPDATE: 24+ hours later no third eye, no symptoms to speak of other than minor soreness at the spot of injection.

Message was edited by: TigerJS®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 6:01 AM

It's not the extra eye I'm worried about, it's the Bill Gates tracking chip they might implant that has me concerned.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you have a cell phone, then they've been tracking you

Jan 13, 2021, 8:20 AM

If you truly believe that there are tracking chips in the vaccine, what is supplying enough power to the "chip" that would generated enough of a signal?

Re: If you have a cell phone, then they've been tracking you

Jan 13, 2021, 9:05 AM

I would volunteer for the chip if I get the vaccine with it, but I assure you they would get bored to death tracking anything that I do!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 9:51 AM [ in reply to If you have a cell phone, then they've been tracking you ]

Well for me, I guess it would pull some power from my spinal cord stimulator battery ;)!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 4:04 PM [ in reply to If you have a cell phone, then they've been tracking you ]

Come on now. They have those watches that maintain a charge just from you moving around.........

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 8:31 PM

Not my watch, it's a Citizen Eco drive!!!

Jan 13, 2021, 9:20 PM [ in reply to If you have a cell phone, then they've been tracking you ]

Who needs a tracking chip? You already have a phone that tracks EVERYTHING YOU DO. I go on the internet to find out about something and every single ad that pops up after that is about what i just looked for. If i use Maps, they ask me how my visit to the toilet was. Dont get me started about alexa crap

Jan 13, 2021, 9:24 PM

P.s. my folks got the vaccine on monday. Nothing major. Bit of soreness. They have, however, been exhibiting a much more pronounced lean to the left. Of course, moms balance has never been good

Jan 13, 2021, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Gonna Get The Vaccine ]

leftie said:

It's not the extra eye I'm worried about, it's the Bill Gates tracking chip they might implant that has me concerned.

Ummmmmmm. I didn't realize no one told you. Those chips were implanted when you got your immunization shots as a kid. HTH

Jan 13, 2021, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Gonna Get The Vaccine ]

Good luck, and when ever I get a number to get the vaccine, I can only hope that I wake up with an extra eye if it will be better than the two that I have ;)!!!!

Post of the Day!***

Jan 12, 2021, 8:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Jan 12, 2021, 9:03 PM

That is great . thanks Joe

Jan 12, 2021, 9:06 PM

Great laugh! Good
Luck with your shot. So glad you can get it!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2021, 9:08 PM

Throw them off Joe and tell them you would like to get it in the right buttocks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2021, 9:32 PM

Hi read your message about getting your covid shot. I am 84 and wondering how you went about scheduling your shot. Thanks

Anyone over 70 can contact DHEC tomorrow to schedule

Jan 12, 2021, 9:54 PM

one. Can do it online or by phone - I am betting the phones will be busy for a long while.

Re: Anyone over 70 can contact DHEC tomorrow to schedule

Jan 13, 2021, 10:01 AM

I'm 68 with type 2 diabetes, and I read on the DHEC forum that I was in category 1c for the vaccine, and if that's the case with them only being in the 1st stage of the A's, I won't get the vaccine until sometime April. But I know how to be safe until, and after then bc, I will still wear the mask, and use my germicide hand wash until they get covid-19 in check. Just bc I would be safe after the vaccine, it doesn't give me the right to put the ones that haven't had the vaccine at risk, and that's the way I see it!!!!

Jan 12, 2021, 10:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Gonna Get The Vaccine ]

So how do you make an appointment:

There are two ways:

CALL 855-472-3432
or

by going to scdhec.gov/vaxlocator beginning Wednesday (DHEC said this website is not available until Wednesday)

Jan 13, 2021, 8:28 AM

Well here I am at 8:15 a.m. and the 2 places showing in Greenville are no longer available. I guess they have already scheduled all they had. That didn't last long.

Jan 13, 2021, 10:12 AM

I went online shortly after 6:00 AM & checked all the available sites and none were closer than 35 miles. Plus I would have to create an account on MyChart for the location before waiting for a confirmation email from the CDC before they would confirm an appointment after completing forms. So I guess I will wait until next week to follow probably the same process through a closer school district where I work part time.

Jan 12, 2021, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Gonna Get The Vaccine ]

My son-in-law is a retired MD. He heard that the Ingles Pharmacy here in Clemson had the vaccine so called and got my name and my daughter's name on the list. There is a form that one must fill out (it can be downloaded) that you have to take with you. Some one at the pharmacy calls you to schedule the time for you to get your shot and the info you must have with you at the time you get your shot. We are in the group from age 70 and above. No walk-ins.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 1:17 PM

Publix will have the vaccines soon as well. You can sign up online on their site or so I was told.

Momma got hers last Monday

Jan 12, 2021, 9:51 PM

No issues not even a sore arm

Hope you handle it just as easily

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

Re: Momma got hers last Monday

Jan 12, 2021, 11:52 PM

Got mine today in nc, the only problem so far is a sore arm.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL and

Dec 29, 2023, 1:26 PM

Git-r-done!

This true story is approved by the Tampa Clemson Family***

Jan 12, 2021, 10:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

God speed young man.

Jan 12, 2021, 10:47 PM

I have to keep my eye on you!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2021, 11:42 PM

Good one Joe! My wife has had both rounds of shots with no significant side effects. The second shot came with a few chills and both made her arm very sore. Oh by the way, she is a nurse in the hospital. Still waiting on them getting to the over 60 crowd.

Jan 13, 2021, 4:57 PM

My wife got her second yesterday. Some chills as well and a little achy. Otherwise no complaints

Jan 13, 2021, 8:32 AM

Hey Joe, what month were you born?

Jan 13, 2021, 10:04 AM

He was born in November....

Jan 13, 2021, 8:40 AM

For all of you that are getting "the shot" I sincerely hope works. I have decided I won't be taking it at least for a good while. I am not a conspiracy theorist but it normally takes years upon years to get a working vaccine, many trials and then approval. None of that has happened, even though I am a high risk person, diabetic, cancer survivor, high blood pressure and some other things I have decided to take my chances. I won't be getting a flu shot or any shots ever again that is unless my wife decides I need to be put down!

Jan 13, 2021, 9:12 AM

I am 63 years old and will be first in line for the vaccine when my time comes. The side effects of this vaccine could not be as bad as the effects of COVID.
I have lost 8 friends to COVID in the last month. One of my close friend's wife just got off a ventilator after two weeks. She has a long road ahead to fully recover.
I just hope that people who decide not to take the vaccine will speed up the time frame for me.

What a screwup!

Jan 13, 2021, 9:25 AM

Sorry according to DHEC now, there are no places in the entire upstate that are taking appointments.

You have to go to some small place down around Greenwood. As for those planning on calling, good
luck-and I thought that the IRS was slow!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What a screwup!

Jan 13, 2021, 11:39 AM

Yep upstate and greenwood out when I checked at 8:15 this morning. Seems like you needed to have the inside scoop to get on a list beforehand.

What a screwup!

Jan 13, 2021, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Gonna Get The Vaccine ]

Sorry according to DHEC now, there are no places in the entire upstate that are taking appointments.

You have to go to some small place down around Greenwood. As for those planning on calling, good
luck-and I thought that the IRS was slow!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 10:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Gonna Get The Vaccine ]

It's your life, and if you want to take that gamble, I wish the best for you, but think about the other people that you could infect if you do contract the virus, don't be the one that makes their choice bc they weren't in line for the vaccine yet!!!!

Jan 13, 2021, 9:52 AM

Joe, my folks are going on 92. Please let us know how it goes, so we can let our parents know.
Thanks, and glad your getting it. You'll be back out on the golf course in no time.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

DHEC should resign, give it to Chick-Fil-A, now they

Jan 13, 2021, 10:11 AM

can run a drive through.

Jan 13, 2021, 10:23 AM

My wife is getting the 2nd dose of the shot today.

Jan 13, 2021, 2:37 PM

Way to go Joe! This roll out of the vaccine has been a disgrace. I enrolled my parents today, but it is a completely decentralized process. Different sites sign people up in a different fashion. When a hurricane hits an area, we don't depend on Walgreens and CVS to get water and food out even though both corporations have value.

Each governor should be activating The National Guard and opening large venues to get the vaccine out in a rapid fashion.

Jan 13, 2021, 2:45 PM

Good for you. Still waiting in my state

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2021, 4:31 PM

https://www.wyff4.com/article/problems-reported-as-south-carolina-opens-vaccine-appointments-for-those-70-and-older/35201987#

good for you Joe, you're a smart guy... get your medical

Jan 13, 2021, 9:10 PM

advice from medical experts, not internet/instagram memes and politicians.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Thanks for the laugh***

Jan 14, 2021, 4:24 PM

TU

Jan 14, 2021, 9:02 AM

For all you fans of government run health care, welcome to this preview of coming attractions.DHEC's roll out of the vaccine has put the C in cluster. If Amazon, Fed Ex, etc were in charge, I can't help but believe the vaccines would be rolling out in a more reasonable manner.

Things will get better, but this has been a joke thus far.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic