Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you have Covid-19 or have had it and think it freakin sucks, raise ya hand?????
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

If you have Covid-19 or have had it and think it freakin sucks, raise ya hand?????

Aug 27, 2020, 9:31 PM

This crap sucks. The wife and I both have it. If you've had it, please share how long it lasted and what kind of symptoms you had. If you don't mind sharing. Thanks. I'm so ready for football!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you have Covid-19 or have had it and think it freakin sucks, raise ya hand?????

Aug 27, 2020, 9:35 PM

Oh, I've ran a fever on and off, extreme fatigue, muscles aches, sore throat, earache, annoying hacking cough, very little taste and smell senses. Wife has had it easier so far, mainly sore throat.

You mean to tell us that it’s actually a real thing?

Aug 27, 2020, 9:48 PM

It’s not just a big hoax to control us and ruin the economy?

(Joking aside, I’m sorry you have it and pray for your health to return to normal soon)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

^^^^^Found another juan!! Somebody get a rope!!^^^^^***

Aug 28, 2020, 10:57 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you have Covid-19 or have had it and think it freakin sucks, raise ya hand?????

Aug 27, 2020, 9:40 PM

I was diagnosed following a test on 17 August. I felt run down one day with a fever but that's about it. Other than that I've felt fine. I have noticed if I extend myself at all I get winded. My wife tested positive the same time and has had a tougher time with it. She had a persistent fever for about 10 days and for a couple of those days, had difficulty keeping down food. She seems to have turned the corner - fever gone and she's feeling like herself again. I'm 55 with no underlying conditions so I've had about it about as easy as you can with this crap. Hoping the best for you and your wife.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 27, 2020, 9:40 PM

My son had it. Was very bad two days. Then tired for a week.

Aug 28, 2020, 5:54 PM

Same for my college age daughter. No picas.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope this helps. Posted it back in April, (Long)

Aug 27, 2020, 10:51 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/My-Corona-Virus-Experience-------Very-Long-27142556#27142556

Aug 28, 2020, 6:46 AM

Mine was exactly like having a bad bout with the flu. Wasn't any fun but I survived.

Aug 28, 2020, 10:02 AM

That's kinda what mine has been like so far. My wife is really having a tough time this morning. It's hitting her pretty hard right now, really started getting worse last night.

Aug 28, 2020, 8:21 AM

My wife and I both had it. For both, it was like a bad case of flu. Fever, body aches, extreme fatigue. My wife had obvious upper respiratory issues (cough, suffiness, etc) but I didn't. My symptoms lasted about 5 days. After that, just very little energy. My wife struggled for almost 2 weeks. Both are much better now. Our last symptoms were about 2 weeks ago. However, it does appear it affected my respiratory capacity in ways I didn't realize at the time. I have difficulty getting a deep breath after exercising, etc. I'm currently on an inhaler and steroids in hopes of rectifying that situation but the jury is still out. The virus is real, but so is the political hype. It clearly does not justify shutting down the country. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2020, 8:37 AM

Praying for you and hoping you and your wife come through this and are back to full health soon.

Maybe because I am single and do not have children and have a somewhat 'socially distanced' office environment, I have not gotten it to my knowledge. However, I have been around people at church and dining with friends, two of which are nurses that have had to be around COVID patients. Whenever I am out in public, I do wear a mask.

But, here is my question ... do any of you who have had it, know your blood type? One of the nurses mentioned above said that your blood type does play into your susceptibility. She said that O+ are least susceptible. I have read a little on the internet concerning this. But, as is typical on the internet for every thing you read that says, 'yes', there is another that says, 'no'.

So, this is a curiosity question, and the results from this board will be unscientific.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Aug 28, 2020, 1:38 PM

For what it's worth, I tested positive about 3 weeks ago and have no idea where I got it from.

Symptoms weren't too bad at least, but I did have some.

I'm O+

Aug 28, 2020, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: If you have Covid-19 or have had it and think it freakin sucks, raise ya hand????? ]

I am O+ i belive my wife is O- . This thing is kickin my butt a lot worse than I thought it would.

Aug 28, 2020, 7:18 PM [ in reply to Re: If you have Covid-19 or have had it and think it freakin sucks, raise ya hand????? ]

there was some early reportage that people with type a were apparently much more susceptible to a really bad case. i tried having my doctor’s office throw a blood type test in last time i had bloodwork done: “oh we only do that if directed.” welcome to american medicine.

I hope you get better soon!

Aug 28, 2020, 8:39 AM

I was reading about Freddie Freeman's experience with it, and he said his fever got so bad there was a night where he said a prayer asking the Lord to let him wake up in the morning. I think he was up around 104 degrees.

Lots of folks are having a relatively easy go of it with minor symptoms, and that's great. But not even professional athletes are guaranteed to have that experience. Wish you the best!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2020, 8:40 AM

If you think most of these people who THINK they have have Covid actually haven't, raise your hand.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2020, 9:51 AM

Any sickness these days is labeled Covid, funny how the flu and other common illnesses have plummeted.

Aug 28, 2020, 2:18 PM

Got data or just FB memes?

Aug 28, 2020, 3:20 PM

Here's my data....

I get a stream of people in my office daily telling me they are sure some URI they had months ago was Covid-19 and demand to be tested. Almost everyone has been negative.

If patients come to me with VALID symptoms, they have been positive- but those are a handful as opposed to the myriad of hypochondriacs that are flooding doctor's offices.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 28, 2020, 7:27 PM

Well, we have actual test results ro prove it. It really is covid and it sucks.

Aug 31, 2020, 5:09 PM

I wasn't talking about those with positive tests. Thats why "THINK" in my original reply was all caps.

Aug 28, 2020, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: If you have Covid-19 or have had it and think it freakin sucks, raise ya hand????? ]

Just family nurses from hospital and Dr office telling me, Facebook is for poindexters.

I think my wife had the covid 9 or 10 times

Aug 28, 2020, 9:42 AM

Seems to get it about the same time every month. Only seems to last about a week or so which is the good news.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

??????***

Aug 28, 2020, 10:00 AM

Aug 28, 2020, 2:07 PM

Aching skin and aching body generally, fever, chills at times, drenched with sweat while sleeping, and sore lungs. That lasted about a week. I had it early June. My lungs still feel sore. It feels like I have played 3 hours of pick up basketball in a smokey bar.

Aug 28, 2020, 2:30 PM

That's an interestingly accurate way to describe the lung feeling.

Aug 28, 2020, 2:16 PM

My company requires an annual physical (complete with bloodwork) and I asked my doc to go ahead and be tested by antibodies. He asked if I thought I had had it - I told him no, but that I had several freinds/coworkers that had it and was curious why I hadn't. *I also had not been in contact with anyone that knew they had it at the time - but neither did anyone else I know that had it. So, he went ahead and scheduled them to test that too.

Aaand, my antibody test came back as positive. They actually ran it twice, and it was positive in both samples. No idea when I had it, but zero symptoms or anything at all.

Aug 28, 2020, 6:01 PM

Mine was exactly like a sinus infection. It lasted about two weeks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic