Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Word now is deep division in big 10
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Word now is deep division in big 10

Aug 16, 2020, 4:10 PM

Players speaking out and begging to play while petitions are gaining momentum. The true vote appears to have in fact been 8-6, not 12-2 (which that leak by itself swayed people because it made it seem as though it was overwhelming and people don’t like to be in the minority).

It’s clear now, more and more by the day and by the hour that yet AGAIN the initial narrative pushed by MSM is wrong and now collapsing. The big 10 and pac 12 are indeed the leagues in disarray, not the other way around. Oops.......when will you people ever learn.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like the electoral vote and the popular vote are different.***

Aug 16, 2020, 4:13 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Post that deserves more TU's^^^

Aug 16, 2020, 9:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^Post that deserves more TU's^^^

Aug 17, 2020, 11:12 AM

I'd agree...if he'd change his avatar! It works against him! ;)

Still...I'll toss a bone...cause I'm just that kinda dude!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So they decided it was hurting Biden?***

Aug 16, 2020, 4:18 PM

Re: Word now is deep division in big 10

Aug 16, 2020, 4:27 PM

But why would the MSM push a narrative intended to kill college football this Fall? Why? WHY???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Aug 16, 2020, 4:30 PM

It's a game played by tough young men?

https://www.spectator.com.au/2019/01/the-unending-war-against-masculinity-and-men/

Aug 16, 2020, 4:40 PM

Yes, it has been an ongoing assault. But this push to cancel NOW, the coup de grace, is interesting. But maybe in the Spring would be ok?

My guess is Trump being for football is the kiss of death to the reality-based #science segment of our society.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

the argument is meaningless - Libs are just frantically

Aug 16, 2020, 10:41 PM

reacting to Trump - or any strong male presence for that matter. It's purely psychological, not logical.

Aug 16, 2020, 9:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Word now is deep division in big 10 ]

An interesting book published in 1977-(78?) that I picked up "hot-off-the-press" at the time is titled "The Feminization of American Culture", by Ann Douglas. It reviews the disenfranchisement of the American clergy in the 18th cent. and female Victorian novelists of the 19th cent. and the impact it all had on our culture at the time... and ever since. The author, in my opinion, identified exactly what was happening then and is happening today, 42 yrs. later. Today, the "left" vilifies the book, the author, and everything she tried to express while writing the book as a perceptive and objective historian. It's not an easy read, but very interesting for those interested.

Go Tigers!!!

Aug 17, 2020, 10:42 AM

Today in the USA: more women than men are graduating college. More graduating lawyers are women than men. Homeless men outnumber women by more than 2x.

max suffering is the name of the game***

Aug 16, 2020, 5:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Word now is deep division in big 10 ]

Aug 16, 2020, 4:38 PM

The interesting thing is we haven't played any games yet. So they havent missed anything. I can still see some health person or univ pres stopping the ACC

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They determined that the young men that are playing the game

Aug 16, 2020, 4:54 PM

are too stupid to decide for themselves, so they decided for them. It's the liberal way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's nothing unusual though. Athletes want to play

Aug 17, 2020, 10:15 AM

whether its concussions, injections, or a pandemic.

I want there to be a CFB season, but the old saying about having to protect players from themselves is as true here as ever*.

With the exception of Cuse players, apparently.

Yeah the "liberal way" is anti-science and anti-education...

Aug 17, 2020, 10:58 AM [ in reply to They determined that the young men that are playing the game ]

you project about as well as your demagogue.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 16, 2020, 5:02 PM

If the true sentiment was really 8-6 instead of 12-2, this may not go away soon. B1G has to be careful here.

Realistically, I seriously doubt there is a chance to overturn the decision and play this fall. If there are more than a couple of schools that don't want to play, forget it.

Aug 16, 2020, 10:14 PM

The 6 schools should play anyway.

If Universities open for live classes, then play football.

Aug 16, 2020, 7:09 PM

The risk of classroom group engagement including social interactions and normal living interactions for students is not significantly different than playing college football.

Revisit if the University shuts down face to face classes. The pendulum likely swings at this point.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Universities open for live classes, then play football.

Aug 17, 2020, 12:50 AM

The main reason put out for the Big Ten not playing this fall is the fear of Covid giving athletes an enlarged heart sac.(?) Considering another way to get the same condition is to contract Mono, will kissing be outlawed or just certain forms of this act? Consider the ramifications. What will be said at the end of the wedding ceremony, please so not kiss the bride?

Could be a lot of factors - medical, legal & financial.***

Aug 17, 2020, 10:08 AM

Re: If Universities open for live classes, then play football.

Aug 17, 2020, 1:40 PM [ in reply to Re: If Universities open for live classes, then play football. ]

The reason is called myocarditis....and it actually is a condition that has always been a risk. It is rare to get it, but it's been known to caused by the common cold, flu, staph and strep bacteria, and even a GI infection. Not sure why they are all of a sudden acting like a player couldn't have gotten that before COVID-19.

That’s what masks are for. COVID and Mono, 2 birds 1 stone***

Aug 17, 2020, 7:41 PM [ in reply to Re: If Universities open for live classes, then play football. ]

Aug 17, 2020, 10:48 AM

Pardon if this is too 'noob' of a question but who/what is MSM?

Aug 17, 2020, 11:00 AM

The Fox News for the liberals

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 17, 2020, 8:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Word now is deep division in big 10 ]

jscott224 said:

Pardon if this is too 'noob' of a question but who/what is MSM?

MSM - Main Stream Media

Generally, this is used to refer to ABC, CBS, NBC, and somewhat to CNN and MSNBC.

For the love of God...

Aug 17, 2020, 10:55 AM

Not everything is a liberal agenda. I want football to start as much as everyone. They listened to doctors and had a vote.

What is so dammmn hard to understand about that?

Message was edited by: PACIFIC BEACH TIGER®

Re: For the love of God...

Aug 17, 2020, 12:27 PM

May not be a liberal agenda, but there are things that don't add up.

First, Kevin Warren (Big 10 commish) has a son that plays in the SEC and as of yesterday that son had not publicly opted out of playing.

Second, there is an interview from June 2020 where Kevin Warren is on the record saying how he wants to influence an election. Now admittedly that was under the guise of developing a database of the roughly 10,000 athletes in the Big 10 and tracking whether or not they were registered to vote (gosh that sounds a bit Big Brotherish now that I think about it), and not necessarily a way to overtly affect the outcome of the election.

Third, how is it that originally we were told 12-2 with only Nebraska and Iowa dissenting, and now were are told 8-6?

Fourth, I understand Doctor A may have a differing view on a situation than Doctor B. But how can the Big Ten's doctors be so adamantly opposed to even trying to make this work when pro sports have shown that it can work (to a certain extent). And don't give me any BS about lawsuits and the like. With the testing going on and the players' general ages, they are more likely to suffer a life altering football injury (concussions, spinal cord injury) than they are to contract COVID.

If what you said about the commissioner is true

Aug 17, 2020, 12:31 PM

then that is not a good look at all, you're right.

My understanding is the long-lasting possible heart damage came up and was a major factor.

I mean, I agree I think they should play- just be smart about it. I am just tired of EVERYTHING being left vs right. Even mask wearing (so stupid). It's exhausting.

Re: If what you said about the commissioner is true

Aug 17, 2020, 12:32 PM

https://au.news.yahoo.com/can-the-big-ten-swing-a-presidential-election-kevin-warren-wants-to-find-out-180131201.html
https://media-mbst-pub-ue1.s3.amazonaws.com/creatr-images/2019-06/7b91b250-86fb-11e9-bb5a-299600b44bd5">

See for yourself, sir.

Well I think that is awful...

Aug 17, 2020, 1:14 PM

politics is a personal matter!

Re: If what you said about the commissioner is true

Aug 17, 2020, 1:46 PM [ in reply to If what you said about the commissioner is true ]

But even that has an issue. Just stated to another poster above, but the condition they are concerned about is myocarditis....and that is a condition that has been around forever (Reggie Lewis of the Celtics died of that very condition in 1993). It can be caused by the common cold, a flu, staph and strep bacterias, Hepatitis, mono, and even a GI infection. There's always been a risk of players getting it...it's not a "COVID-19" thing that just became a concern.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/myocarditis/symptoms-causes/syc-20352539

Aug 17, 2020, 12:50 PM [ in reply to Re: For the love of God... ]

Unless I'm not understanding correctly, I'm not understanding the point being made about his son. For all we know, the Big 10 commish may want there to be football. It was the Big 10 presidents that were pushing for the season to be canceled wasn't it? If the president's vote to cancel, whether that's 8-6 or 12-2, it was still a vote by them and not a sole operation by the commish to cancel.

Also, what does his son playing in another conference have to do with anything? Like I said, the commish himself might be ok with it for all we know, and even if he isn't, then maybe he let his son decide for himself? Or maybe he wanted his son to opt out but the son is old enough to make his own choices and can't be forced to opt out by his parents?

Aug 17, 2020, 1:01 PM

He says too much uncertainty to go forward with the season, but he's still ok with his son playing? Doesn't seem to be the way most parents would react if they truly felt there was an increased uncertainty with regards to COVID.

https://www.mlive.com/sports/2020/08/big-ten-commissioner-kevin-warren-says-canceling-fall-football-a-holistic-decision.html#:~:text=Sports-,Big%20Ten%20commissioner%20Kevin%20Warren,fall%20football%20a%20'holistic%20decision'&text=%E2%80%9CThis%20is%20a%20holistic%20decision,sports%20in%20the%20Big%20Ten.

Aug 17, 2020, 1:13 PM

Again though, how do we know his true feelings about all of this? If the Big 10 presidents vote to cancel the season then is he supposed to go up there and announce the season is canceled per the vote, but saying he disagrees with the people he works for?

Also, even if he is truly against football being played this season, then what makes you think he can just force his son to quit? Some kids would listen to their parents in that case, but some certainly wouldn't. For all we know he's tried to get his son to quit, but his son won't listen to him.

You make a great point. He’s probably a professional liar

Aug 18, 2020, 2:05 AM

Like every other “politician “ in history.

Their commissioner is In over his head. Bad decision!***

Aug 17, 2020, 12:51 PM

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic