Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If the situation were reversed 2.0
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,604

If the situation were reversed 2.0

Dec 14, 2020, 8:41 PM

I don’t think there’s any doubt the big ten wants their best team in the mix. Every conference does. But with so much attention on TNet about how undeserving OSU is, it begs the question:

If the situation were reversed and the ACC screwed the pooch the way the big ten has with Covid, and let’s say that Clemson was going to be a 6-0 conference champion, would we be supporting the Tigers making the playoff at 6-0, or all up in arms the way we are about OSU?

Serious question, looking for serious answers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Of course I would want us in the CFP but if we only played

Dec 14, 2020, 8:48 PM

6 games (conf. champ. included) while other teams have played 9-10 games, are undefeated and also playing in conf. champ. games, I don’t think I could be too mad if someone took our spot. This would be the year for the committee to take a chance on a Cincinnati/Coastal Carolina type team. Everything will have an * anyway, let the G5 team prove themselves. They couldn’t do any worse than Oklahoma has done.

P.S. I hope Northwestern stomps O310 to put an end to it***

Dec 14, 2020, 8:50 PM

They are clearly getting a push to #4 because of their name!

Dec 14, 2020, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Of course I would want us in the CFP but if we only played ]

There is nothing in their resume that indicates they should be ranked that high! What have they done that would put them eight spots higher than 5-0 Sou Cal? And if they deserve to be at #4, why isn't Indiana right behind them at 5 or 6?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If the situation were reversed 2.0

Dec 14, 2020, 8:55 PM

I wouldn't expect Clemson to be under consideration with 6 wins. I've said it many times now...
You've got to play the games!!!
You can't compare apples and oranges.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

It's not a popular view here

Dec 14, 2020, 9:10 PM

But I'm fine with OH ST getting in this year.

I don't see a clear #4 team (or maybe even a #3 team depending on how the ACCCG plays out). I'm fine with, in the midst of Covid, the CFP is weird and takes a team with fewer games, or decides to take a chance on a outlier team like Cinci or CCU. Honestly, I'm just sad we're nearing the end of the season, but glad I get to watch at least a few more weeks of football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You are so pathetic. Anyone who has been following you knows the you are a

Dec 14, 2020, 9:17 PM

Buckeye troll. Your join date and your posts are a dead give away and you roll around every few months with the same type of crap. If the roles were reversed? NOBODY and I mean NOBODY who plays half as many games as everyone else deserves to play for a national championship. Don’t cry to us just because your conference is stupid. Don’t like the BiG? Then leave it.

BTW OSU will cry loud enough and they will get in. They will also lose. Again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Someone has to lose. Why not them, again?***

Dec 14, 2020, 10:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: You are so pathetic. Anyone who has been following you knows the you are a

Dec 15, 2020, 6:00 AM [ in reply to You are so pathetic. Anyone who has been following you knows the you are a ]

You literally say that every time I post or reply. You’re ridiculous. Maybe it’s time to remove smack down from your name, and just be yourself man. You’re an angry little guy and you need help.

Dec 14, 2020, 10:00 PM

Lol. Is that a rhetorical question?

Of coarse. Most everyone on this board would be whining about how Clemson is a clear top four team, making the same arguments Urban Meyers did. That’s a 100% certainty.

depends how many of those

Dec 14, 2020, 10:05 PM

6 have winning records? is it only two like the bucknuts? if so then yes we would be undeserving over teams who played full seasons

First of all...

Dec 15, 2020, 8:21 AM

John Swofford would NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES go to bat for Clemson the way the B1G has for OcryO State.

Second, I don't think Clemson would receive preferential treatment from the CFP Committee either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Dec 15, 2020, 8:34 AM

The problem is that at least 13 or more teams would be 5-0 with OSU schedule. On top of that they will be the freshest team playing in the playoffs. Not a level playing field !

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,604
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic