Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Question re: Mark Fields LSU offer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Question re: Mark Fields LSU offer

Jan 2, 2015, 7:01 PM

How was he able to receive an offer if we are in an NCAA "Dead Period" through January 14th?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't SEC much, do you?***

Jan 2, 2015, 7:03 PM

If the "rumors" and Philpot are right,

Jan 2, 2015, 7:07 PM

he may no longer be the highest rated DB that Clemson is after.Or can I say that "might" be after Clemson. Roy said on the radio today that a Bama commit has contacted Clemson.Roy also stated that there are more than a few big commits to other schools calling.How much is true ? We'll see,could get interesting.

Bama has 7 DB's in their class

Jan 2, 2015, 7:10 PM

You've got to think that at least 4 of those kids will never see the field and will be cut by the time they are sophomores. Maybe one of their recruits did the math and decided to not buy the hype.

Re: If the "rumors" and Philpot are right,

Jan 2, 2015, 7:10 PM [ in reply to If the "rumors" and Philpot are right, ]

Gotta love the recruiting season. Seems anything is possible.

Jan 2, 2015, 7:13 PM [ in reply to If the "rumors" and Philpot are right, ]

Did Roy say who it was? That seems like some pretty important info.

Also, three of Bama's DB commits are rated higher than Fields. Two are 5- star guys, and one is a safety from Florida. I would guess the 5-star guys aren't looking around because of the depth chart, and I don't think we're looking for somebody who is definitely going to be a safety.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He didn't say,just said more than 1 recruit has contacted

Jan 2, 2015, 7:17 PM

Clemson. I wonder how the rules are ? They can't contact kids during the dead period,are kids allowed to call them, ?If not, what are supposed to do if one calls ? Hang up ? LOL

Yes, recruits are allowed to call***

Jan 2, 2015, 7:18 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Ha... good question

Jan 2, 2015, 7:20 PM [ in reply to He didn't say,just said more than 1 recruit has contacted ]

My guess is that there are ways around it, like I think they're allowed to have a number of brief phone calls.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I asked this question on another site

Jan 2, 2015, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Re: If the "rumors" and Philpot are right, ]

I don't know crap, don't know the guy that provided the link, but this was it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Minkah-Fitzpatrick-132532

I stress again, I don't know crap, just been asking around since I heard what Roy said today about Bama recruits contact Clemson

It does say soft verbal

Jan 2, 2015, 7:24 PM

As long as we get a top CB, I could care less who it is. BV will make them a stud doesn't matter if its Fitzpatrick, Fields, or someone else.

If its Fitzpatrick, that's a huge pickup.***

Jan 2, 2015, 7:27 PM [ in reply to I asked this question on another site ]

Unfortunately it says in this article that FSU is the one

Jan 2, 2015, 7:32 PM

school that can change his pledge from AL...

http://floridastate.247sports.com/Article/Can-FSU-flip-Minkah-Fitzpatrick-34211866

http://247sports.com/Article/Fifteen-Predictions-for-the-New-Year-in-College-Football-34367227

Well now... that would be pretty big***

Jan 2, 2015, 7:46 PM [ in reply to I asked this question on another site ]

Jan 2, 2015, 7:37 PM [ in reply to If the "rumors" and Philpot are right, ]

That is kind of open ended on Roy's part! I am sure he doesn't have names or anything but d@mn! Thats letting a man on death row smell a pair of woman's panties...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Re: Question re: Mark Fields LSU offer

Jan 2, 2015, 7:27 PM

Dear Mark fields I understand LSU is your dream school but you need to wake up. They are not the old LSU. They lost to an unranked team in ND. They are also ranked 18th in recruiting. Clemson is on the rise and we will finish with a top 5 recruiting class.

and where were they 12 months ago when Clemson was showing

Jan 2, 2015, 9:34 PM

you so much love?

Wasn't like you were an unknown.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Jan 2, 2015, 7:38 PM

My understanding is a player can reach out to a school but coaches cannot contact him during this period.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 2, 2015, 7:44 PM

I wanna know who the recruits is. This got my head hurting.??

Jan 2, 2015, 7:47 PM

I know! This is so stupid to have to wait an entire freaking month for signing day...Just have the sh*t now or like a week after the Natty...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic