Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If not #1, wish we could be #4
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

If not #1, wish we could be #4

Nov 17, 2019, 12:47 PM

Take out LSU in Atlanta, then not have to worry about meeting up with them for the Natty in their home state. Seems like no one is talking about this potentially disadvantageous scenario.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If not #1, wish we could be #4

Nov 17, 2019, 1:06 PM

Won't make a difference - LSU is potent on offense. Except when they played Auburn. ***That's a clue***
Auburn has little to no offense though and put their defense on the field for long periods of time. Yet, LSU only scored 23 pts while giving up 20 to a bad Auburn offense.

In short, it won't make a difference even if we play in Baton Rouge itself. Especially with Venables having multiple weeks to get ready for Ole Joe!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 17, 2019, 2:45 PM

Don't worry. here's the scenario.

If OSU wins out, they will end up #1. They will have beaten three Top 20 teams in a row and the committee will jump them over LSU - Which means LSU #2 and Tigers #3 in Atlanta.

I hate hate hate to pull for OSU but this scenario would play right into our hands.

The only problem I see is that I think there is a good chance Utah gets to #4. Georgia loses to LSU in SEC Championship and Georgia is out. Bama gets jumped because that have no real games left to build their resume. When Utah beats Oregon (or vice versa for that matter) then they move to #4. (the heck with OK)

This might intice OSU to pick Atlanta as their site for an advantage, and leave Clemson & LSU to travel to the Fiesta. Either way we get a month to prepare for that LSU offense. BV will have a xmas package ready for them. And the way their defense has been playing lately, our offense should be able to have their own xmas feast.

Then on to 301 - 0 OSU.

Nov 17, 2019, 3:55 PM

There is no way, the committee is jumping OSU over LSU, they took out Alabama when bama was number 2or 3.. Bama is still top 5.. LSU has Auburn win on resume, and if they beat Georgia a top 4 team , LSU will lock up number 1 seed, OSU and Clemson will be 2 and 3 in Arizona.. Ive made the trip twice, will do it third time, and yes OSU will outnumber clemson 2 to 1 or 3 to 1..

Nov 17, 2019, 3:57 PM

Dont forget Florida is also a win on the resume, They will lock up number 1 as long as they dont stumble. if they lose to Georgia , they will more likely be number 4, clemson and ga will play each other in semi finals if Georgia beats them, Georgia will vault over clemson because of the resumes,

Nov 17, 2019, 4:00 PM

I really dont care at this point where Clemson gets sent. I plan on going as long as i get tickets, I know tickets to Arizona will be lot easier to get than tickets to atlanta and New orleans, you can bet on that.. Last time there was scenario for Atlanta, you had to have at least 42 iptay points to qualify to purchase any tickets thru iptay.. Better dig deep in the wallet if they play in atlanta , also in new orleans,
cause those two places will have sky rocketed prices for tickets.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic