Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tiger Woods
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Tiger Woods

Nov 14, 2020, 9:40 AM

is tied for 17th after 36 holes and is the 33rd ranked golfer in the world.

In 1986 after 36 holes Jack Nicklaus was tied for 17th and was ranked 33rd in the world

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tiger Woods

Nov 14, 2020, 9:50 AM

And...?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2020, 9:56 AM

Faldo just said in 86 it was Nicklaus’s 23rd masters and this year is Woods 23rd masters. They also both were 4 behind. Crazy coincidence.

Nov 14, 2020, 10:05 AM

Let's hope that Woods breaks up those coincidences and he finishes 50th. It's unbelievable how much the announcers mentions his name , even when he is not playing. Yes, he once was a good player but so were many more but they don't get their names recognized like this. It's almost an obsession with them. I have watched a lot of golf lately with the mute button on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2020, 3:37 PM

You realize that he is one of the greatest of all time. Of Arnie or Jack were playing it would be the same way. Not sure why you hate on his or wish him poorly because the media follows him the most. Of course they are going to follow him that is what most people want to see.

He is the defending Masters Champion, so

Nov 14, 2020, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Woods ]

his name is going to come up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The announcers were drawing some of those kinds of parallels

Nov 14, 2020, 9:59 AM

yesterday. When Jack won his 6th in '86, it was 23 years after his first Masters win. If Tiger were to win his 6th, this year, it would be 23 years after his first one. Tiger still has a lot of golf to play to try and match Jack, though.

When you think back to 1986, Jack was really just trundling along in the upper part of the pack until, the back nine on Sunday. That magical 30 could just as easily have been a 28. He bogied 12 when a spike mark knocked his par putt offline, and left a birdie putt 3 inches short on 18 that was dead in the heart.

A lot of people also forget that Greg Norman had actually tied Jack at -9, with a good drive on 18, but fanned an iron wide right into the crowd, and could not get up and down for par, giving the Olden Bear the win.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2020, 10:01 AM

He is 4 back. Hope to see him within 2 tomorrow.

Nov 14, 2020, 8:01 AM

I hope to see him 6 back when he finishes 18.

Nov 14, 2020, 10:31 AM

I guess I missed Eldrick's time as a football player at Clemson?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2020, 10:45 AM

He was in the same class as Parnell Burnside.

Nov 14, 2020, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Woods ]

He was a walk on for one week back in 1994 or '95 ,got homesick and went back to mommy and daddy.

If he is in the hunt going into the final nine, it'll be

Nov 14, 2020, 10:34 AM

interesting for sure. Good luck to him but I'm pulling for my fantasy picks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If he is in the hunt going into the final nine, it'll be

Nov 14, 2020, 10:57 AM

And who is your fantasy pick?

Nov 14, 2020, 11:22 AM

It's so fun to watch all these "Band Wagon" golf fans, who think everything is about Tiger Woods. No doubt Tiger WAS a great player, but he is also a terrible role model, cheated on his wife and family, was seeing the same "strength doctor" that Mark McGuire, Barry Bonds, Roger Clements, etc., were seeing, so like those guys, I'm sure when Tiger "buffed up" and was winning everything in sight, he was most likely juiced as well. Finally as a traditionalist when it comes to golf, I despise the way the media treats TW, they would rather show him in going to the port potty than show the tournament leader with a 12 foot eagle putt. People who know nothing about golf, other than Tiger Woods, will be thrilled today, because they will get to see every shot he hits, yet we miss see what the leaders are doing while making the "silly groupies" happy! So my hope for Tiger is that he plays well enough to finish 50th!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2020, 11:50 AM

I would personally like to see him and crusty Johnson finish dead last. They both want to make me puke, especially the way the sports casters droll over Woods. As far as Johnson, just never have liked him and never will. Think he is a jack..s

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2020, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: If he is in the hunt going into the final nine, it'll be ]

They have shown the leaders more then they have shown Tiger today so not sure what broadcast you are watching. Of course they will show Tiger though because many people watch just because of him. If you love golf you should appreciate him and what he has done for the sport. Yet you come on here to bash him. It is always easy to hate on greatness and sadly it will never stop. If he is in contention it will be better for golf. That is just the way it is. You can embrace it or you can cry about it but either way Tiger brings the ratings.

Nov 14, 2020, 12:33 PM

May be he will finish 30th.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic