Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Fisher fined by the ACC for his rant after Clemson-FSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

FB Update: Fisher fined by the ACC for his rant after Clemson-FSU

Oct 30, 2016, 5:13 PM

Fisher fined by the ACC for his rant after Clemson-FSU

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Fisher fined by the ACC for his rant after Clemson-FSU

Oct 30, 2016, 5:14 PM

He pretty much guaranteed that by saying: "They can fine it or do what they want with it..."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was not on a dalvin td

Oct 30, 2016, 5:17 PM

Cowards

And a hold to boot

Re: That was not on a dalvin td

Oct 30, 2016, 5:27 PM

He had to let out his anger for losing to UNC somehow.

Everybody we beat these days...

Oct 30, 2016, 5:31 PM

is upset about officiating. I didn't realize the refs loved us so much.

Re: Everybody we beat these days...

Oct 30, 2016, 5:36 PM

The no call on Watson being face masked was an issue I bet he didn't bring up. Not to mention the number of holds against the OL that weren't called. Dumbo is a clown, a cry baby, and deserves to go to the $ec. Maybe LSU will hire him. The more I hear him talk, the less I like him. Dirt bag comes to mind.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2016, 9:58 PM

I have nothing but the utmost contempt and disrespect for him. He is an embarrassment. FSU should be ashamed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2016, 7:29 PM [ in reply to Everybody we beat these days... ]

I didn't either especially since I thought we had a few bad calls against during the NC State game. The Tigers are finding a way to win and it's upsetting the rest of them. Oh well time for them to grow up!!!

Oct 30, 2016, 9:56 PM [ in reply to Everybody we beat these days... ]

Me either! I always thought they hated us. Who would have known? The whole time we were getting hosed, they really were secretly helping us. Wow! NOT!!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about Bobby Petrino?

Oct 30, 2016, 5:40 PM

He was criticizing the officials during his halftime interview on Saturday.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: What about Bobby Petrino?

Oct 30, 2016, 5:45 PM

He sends skanks to the league office in lieu of cash most likely

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

was about to post the same thing....video

Oct 30, 2016, 5:48 PM [ in reply to What about Bobby Petrino? ]

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/video-bobby-petrinos-angry-halftime-interview/

FSU, Louie and NC St are always blaming the officials

Oct 30, 2016, 8:41 PM

All Game!!

The 12 he was refferring to is not Wallace, it's their QB's

Oct 30, 2016, 5:45 PM

number, he was talking about Francois

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The 12 he was refferring to is not Wallace, it's their QB's

Oct 30, 2016, 5:49 PM

Needed clarification. ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I did find it odd that he referred to his OWN player by

Oct 30, 2016, 8:52 PM

number instead of name...That was a Tommy Bowden trait

Re: I did find it odd that he referred to his OWN player by

Oct 30, 2016, 10:03 PM

Didn't take long to figure out that there was something wrong with Bowden. Referred to his own team as "they" in a loss his first year. Pretty bad for a head coach. When you make millions and your are the head coach, news flash- it's officially YOUR team.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2016, 5:46 PM

I don't blame you coach Jimmy. If he mad too if I was preseason top 5 and now staring down the prospect of not even being ranked. It ain't them coach. It's you.

Refs should be accountable but we had more reason to argue than jimbo

Oct 30, 2016, 5:49 PM

How many bad pass interference calls did we get or no calls for us. How about that missed facemask which was obvious to everyone watching except the 7 refs. I believe refs should get bonuses and must grade out over 70% as a crew to get those bonuses. That would help things alot if there is indeed any bias involved

Re: Refs should be accountable but we had more reason to argue than jimbo

Oct 30, 2016, 6:02 PM

Refs should grade out at least 95%

I might have to agree with Jimbo on the chop.

Oct 30, 2016, 6:05 PM

It looked more like a clip from the rear to me too, coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I might have to agree with Jimbo on the chop.

Oct 30, 2016, 10:14 PM

Oh, wait... maybe that's why the Referee said "illegal block below the waist" instead of "chop block." As bad as Jeff Heazer is, he knows it takes two offensive players to execute a "chop block."

Ah, so the communist Ministry of Truth strikes again . . .

Oct 30, 2016, 6:06 PM

Jimbo is full of crap about the call - it was a hip block. But more importantly, the officials already handed FSU a bevy of gifts in the way of PI and and non-called safety (hold in the endzone during a Francios pass while it was 28-26). Regardless of the accuracy of the block call, the officials owed us SEVERAL at that point.

However, this policy of not being able to criticize officials is simple Social Marxist horsecrap. It's pathetic. A fine for criticism, b/c criticism is "not in the best interests" of the league? And who determines the collective "best interest" if we cannot collectively discuss the merits thereof? Pathetic. Jimbo ought to be able to say whatever he wants, and we can all evaluate it with discussion and video review.

One reason you get outbursts like this is b/c coaches have to bottle it up all the time and play good company men, kiss the ring of the ACC Ministry of Truth, etc. They shouldn't have to, and stupid policies like this will ensure that we continue to get a mix of stiffled silence and cathartic frustration.

EFFF YOU ACC!!!! EFFF YOU!!!

Re: Ah, so the communist Ministry of Truth strikes again . . .

Oct 30, 2016, 8:18 PM

They try to strangle or choke off the voices of coaches and players to keep what they believe to be unqualified refs, or refs with an agenda quiet from the public ear like we aren't smart enough to see or know what's going on. Hey ACC and NCAA, we fans know what the deal is even if the coaches and players are smothered from comment by the threat of fines to the coaches and game suspensions for players, by y'all's bogus organizational rule to stay quiet about the grossly unqualified and cheating refs that are hired by your own dirty little organizations. Maybe not in my time but one day school's will get sick of your overbearing, unfair, and over controlling of their athletics and tell the NCAA and some conferences to kiss it bc they are separating themselves away from your corruption and unfairness!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fisher did say what he thought. FSU got non call help

Oct 30, 2016, 8:55 PM [ in reply to Ah, so the communist Ministry of Truth strikes again . . . ]

all game but no mention of that. The fine will be paid by the university and some deserving students will get scholarship help with their schooling. Win, win.

Re: Ah, so the communist Ministry of Truth strikes again . . .

Oct 31, 2016, 6:11 AM [ in reply to Ah, so the communist Ministry of Truth strikes again . . . ]

There is no policy in the ACC not allowing the coach to criticize officials. There is a policy about criticizing officials publicly which was enforced by the ACC. If you do not understand the reasoning for this policy, then it would be fruitless to try to explain it to you here. All officials are evaluated in every game. Like players, they are not perfect but they generally do a good job when officiating a game. Yes, there were calls missed in the game, and yes there were bad plays by players and bad calls by the coaches, but that is all part of the game.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jimbo was WRONG

Oct 30, 2016, 6:22 PM

And he was wrong on all of his points. The block in the back could have gone either way. The hit on Francois was not illegals. Kirk even mentioned it was a solid hit. And the spot after the two penalties was correct. They enforced the penalties from the spot of the blocking in the bock foul not the previous spot.

Also, the unsportsmanlike foul wasn't on Jimbo. It was on another member of his staff cursing at the ref.

Re: Jimbo was WRONG

Oct 30, 2016, 8:02 PM

he was right in that it was not a chop block; what it was was TRIPPING. The FSU player reached out with his hand and tripped Van Smith(#23)

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jimbo was WRONG

Oct 30, 2016, 9:26 PM

Yep - just watched it on the replay on ESPNU. He totally grabbed his foot and tripped him. Should have called holding.

Fisher's just not a mentally tough coach. Instead of moving

Oct 30, 2016, 6:24 PM

on and focusing on the game, he let that affect the entire rest of the game. He threw numerous tantrums on the sidelines and Jimbo collapsed under the pressure.

There's a trickle down effect with that stuff too. Glad we have coaches that aren't like that. I mean just look at the 4th down play and you need no further proof.

Oct 30, 2016, 7:59 PM

If I were he, I'd be spending my time trying to get my offensive line to keep defensive lines from killing my QB. Point your finger at officials and there are three pointing back at you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

strange that he never seemed to recognize how his actions

Oct 30, 2016, 8:13 PM

hurt his team.

If any coach has a right to be upset...

Oct 30, 2016, 8:24 PM

it's Dabo.

Officiating was bad that went Florida State's way more than ours. Besides many obvious missed calls like facemask on Watson, many holdings and some pass interferences, many ball spots were way favorable for Florida State. And there was also that false start with a flag thrown, but was never looked at or even mentioned.

Re: If any coach has a right to be upset...

Oct 30, 2016, 8:30 PM

Looked like FSU got the benefit of the doubt most of the time. Home style cooking

Oh boo-le'hooo Jimbo***

Oct 30, 2016, 8:42 PM

Dumbo Jimbo, You're correct it was not a chop block.

Oct 30, 2016, 9:18 PM

The referee did not call signal a chop block; he actually called a block below the waste, it looked almost like a clip, but in either case it's a 15 yd penalty.

A chop block by definition is where one player blocks high

Oct 30, 2016, 9:18 PM

and another player blocks low.

Oct 30, 2016, 9:42 PM

Haha

Oct 30, 2016, 9:54 PM

Dumbo's should have resulted in much stiffer fines. His remarks were flagrant, and intentionally inflamatory. They, also failed to acknowledge how he omitted any reflection of any negative feelings of terrible calls that aided and abetted his criminoles. He is a putz!

I guess ole Jimbo completely forgot about

Oct 31, 2016, 1:13 AM

That touchdown drive earlier in the game that was made possible by a string of bogus pass interference calls.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought he should have been fined a lot more than a paltry

Oct 31, 2016, 7:28 AM

$20,000. To put it in perspective, for someone making $100000 a year, this would equate to a $380 fine. In others words, a joke. If I was this officiating crew, I would take the low amount of this fine as a slap in the face by the League.

Re: I thought he should have been fined a lot more than a paltry

Oct 31, 2016, 1:23 PM

Poor wittle Jimbo didn't get the calls and now wittle Jimbo has to take some change out of his wittle piggy bank and give it to somebody else. I feel weel sowwy for poor wittle Jimbo.

Little Jimmy got his britches all wadded up.***

Oct 31, 2016, 2:18 PM

Re: Little Jimmy got his britches all wadded up.***

Oct 31, 2016, 4:49 PM

outside the tackles box and and further than 7 yrds down field and initial contact has to made in the front from the 2 and 10 o'clock position and also you can not grab the defenders foot to complete the tackle of the guy you are trying to block. I remember Tyler Grisham getting flagged for this.

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic