Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney on Watson: "I think he's got a good chance to play"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney on Watson: "I think he's got a good chance to play"

Nov 26, 2014, 6:31 PM

Swinney on Watson: "I think he's got a good chance to play"

The Deshaun Watson News Network was back in full swing Wednesday evening as the media met with head coach Dabo Swinney for the last time before Saturday’s showdown with South Carolina. What does Swinney say about Watson's chances? How many first team reps did Watson take Wednesday? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney on Watson: "I think he's got a good chance to play"

Nov 26, 2014, 6:41 PM

Dabo! Playing games! I love it

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Nov 27, 2014, 5:55 AM

It is rather humorous. Watson adjusting to his brace. Battle with indigestion. And what about that annoying bandaid on Watson's elbow? More possible indigestion on Thanksgiving day.
Watson needs to start and get the game off on the right foot.
Everyone have a great Thanksgiving. Serve up some gamecock on Saturday.

I think if Cole starts

Nov 26, 2014, 6:42 PM

and goes 3 and out first couple drives, we'll see Watson take over rest of game. Watson will play 90% of game and may be 100% if he does well next couple days

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Watson is that capable of playing, WHY ON EARTH

Nov 26, 2014, 7:34 PM

would you start Stoudt?

TIA.

Re: If Watson is that capable of playing, WHY ON EARTH

Nov 26, 2014, 7:49 PM

I've lustened to radio and read all opinions here. Everyone is so freakin fired up about DW being ready to play that your only thought is Dabo has some insane loyalty to Cole

No one has suggested the other obvious thought......... If DW is NOT ready, would you tell Spurrier that??????? Hell No!!! You really think Spurrier would think Dabo starts Cole IF DW CAN PLAY????? Do you really think Dabo would? But...........have you considered that DW is not even close to ready? Makes sense to me to tell the hated enemy he's playing thus Spurrier has to prepare for DW. There is no way in hell Dabo goes with Cole if DW is cleared to play.
You all sound so smart but NONE OF YOU consider the more real scenario. IF your franchise of the future is risking his and the teams future for one really meaningless game because he's not healthy........ He will not play. And I'm sorry to say it but it DWs bright future and his health, this really is a meaningless game.

Meaningless game???

Nov 26, 2014, 7:59 PM

Youre not from around here, are ya?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Meaningless game???

Nov 27, 2014, 1:07 AM

EXACTLY, and my question for catbird would have been, where Da Fk. are you from. Meaningless???:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Meaningless game???

Nov 27, 2014, 11:38 AM

Can you read?!?! I'm saying "big picture" in DWs career this game is just one game. If he's 100% then play him.

My point and question to you is.......even tho this is "THE GAME" , are willing to risk the knee of Watson to win this one game? Yes it's important cuz of the rivalry but it's not going to get us into the playoffs, it's not for the national championship, it's not the last game of DWs career. On the national scene it's meaningless. So again, do you want to risk the knee of the guy already labeled the best ever at Clemson for one game?????

If you answered yes to that question, you go up to DW and tell him that. Tell him you're willing to risk HIS future so you can brag to your friends at work.

Do you remember RGIII? He tried to play with a strained LCL....ended up tearing his ACL. Never been the same since. Has gone fr Rookie of the year to NFL bust in two years.

Nov 26, 2014, 8:01 PM [ in reply to Re: If Watson is that capable of playing, WHY ON EARTH ]

It is not meaningless. We have to get this rivalry turned around now so that we have confidence in the future. We also probably go back to the Orange Bowl if we win with a chance for a 10 win season.

Nov 26, 2014, 8:15 PM

What I mean is, compared to DWs future, it's meaningless if he's risking his future by playing hurt.
I'm not an idiot. Of course this game means a lot to players and fans. But enough to risk your best players college and potentially pro career? That would be stupid.

Dont be an idiot

Nov 26, 2014, 8:25 PM

Do you honestly believe that Dabo would risk his future if hes not medically clear? If the doctor clears him, then hes in shape well enough to play...He can get injured again just like any other player

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dont be an idiot

Nov 26, 2014, 8:29 PM

If he's practicing,l "full speed", he's medical cleared to play.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Re: Dont be an idiot

Nov 27, 2014, 3:19 AM [ in reply to Dont be an idiot ]

Why not keep the "Ole Ball Sack" guessing as to which QB he has to prepare for?!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Watson is cleared by the DR's, then what is Dabo suppose

Nov 26, 2014, 8:30 PM [ in reply to Re: If Watson is that capable of playing, WHY ON EARTH ]

to do? If DR's clear him, which I believe they have, since he is practicing, then why wouldn't Dabo play him?

Nov 26, 2014, 8:15 PM [ in reply to Re: If Watson is that capable of playing, WHY ON EARTH ]

> I've lustened to radio and read all opinions here.
> Everyone is so freakin fired up about DW being ready
> y to play that your only thought is Dabo has some
> insane loyalty to Cole
>
> No one has suggested the other obvious
> thought......... If DW is NOT ready, would you tell
> Spurrier that??????? Hell No!!! You really think
> Spurrier would think Dabo starts Cole IF DW CAN
> PLAY????? Do you really think Dabo would?
> But...........have you considered that DW is not
> not even close to ready? Makes sense to me to tell
> the hated enemy he's playing thus Spurrier has to
> prepare for DW. There is no way in hell Dabo goes
> with Cole if DW is cleared to play.
> You all sound so smart but NONE OF YOU consider the
> more real scenario. IF your franchise of the future
> is risking his and the teams future for one really
> meaningless game because he's not healthy........ He
> will not play. And I'm sorry to say it but it DWs
> bright future and his health, this really is a
> game.

Says the cooter fan!

Nov 26, 2014, 8:24 PM [ in reply to Re: If Watson is that capable of playing, WHY ON EARTH ]

Regardless of who plays or who starts, Spurrier will only be game planning for Watson. The offense only gets easier to defend with Stoudt in.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Nov 26, 2014, 10:49 PM

+1

Defending against Cole is easy.

Do you really think Dabo starts Cole if DW is ready to play?

Nov 26, 2014, 10:47 PM [ in reply to Re: If Watson is that capable of playing, WHY ON EARTH ]

History says he will. Just saying.

waah-wah, waah-wah-wah-waaaah...

Nov 28, 2014, 12:23 PM [ in reply to Re: If Watson is that capable of playing, WHY ON EARTH ]

On and on and on and on and on with the know it alls...jeez.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't, just saying that may be the case

Nov 26, 2014, 8:28 PM [ in reply to If Watson is that capable of playing, WHY ON EARTH ]

I hope not, i'd take a 50% Watson over Stoudt

Nov 26, 2014, 6:51 PM

Having Guillermo back will be huge for us.

Agree!

Nov 26, 2014, 7:02 PM

ct

Yep, cause he is a physical guy

Nov 26, 2014, 7:04 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney on Watson: "I think he's got a good chance to play" ]

and much bigger than Norton

They should just name it the Martin Jenkins report. Poor guy

Nov 26, 2014, 7:09 PM

A

Re: They should just name it the Martin Jenkins report. Poor guy

Nov 26, 2014, 7:33 PM

think and has a chance still sounds ify to me.

Re: They should just name it the Martin Jenkins report. Poor guy

Nov 27, 2014, 8:52 PM [ in reply to They should just name it the Martin Jenkins report. Poor guy ]

Agreed. The Peake and Jenkins mystery report.

poor cooter fans arent going to know what hit 'em

Nov 26, 2014, 8:20 PM

If/when Superman Watson lights 'em up on the field Saturday. I think that Clemson really does have a wonderful chance of not just winning the game but blowing it out. Cant wait til Saturday @ noon!! Go Clemson Tigers!!!!

Nov 26, 2014, 9:31 PM

The one thing that the Coaching staff has not said is that DW is medically cleared to play. He has taken first team snaps, but is off limits to contact. This could be a.ploy to keep Slurrier guessing, but you can bet the "Ole Ball Sack" is preparing for DW and if any one else is back there at QB, he is ready with a blitz package from you know where. This is a very important game to all of us, but it's not worth DW getting injured again and miss everything to preseason camp. The O line is going to have to step up and if the RB has to stay back to help block the blitz, so be it. All out blitz may give Cole or DW a chance to pick apart their secondary with the passing game. Hopefully, that will stop the blitz and open up the running game. GO TIGERS !!!

Nov 26, 2014, 9:39 PM

Did you catch that? " I think we're in better shape this week than we were last week.”...Dabo's sly retort to what Spurrier said the weekend of Watson's injury at Georgia Tech. He's so funny sometimes!

I think he's got a good chance to play"

Nov 26, 2014, 9:46 PM

If he had a chance would you tell? No I'd say he's not for sure. That's me

Cole was GREAT!!! again according to Dabo

Nov 26, 2014, 10:52 PM

DW was OK and improving but Cole was GREAT. That was all I got from that story. According to Dabo Stoudt was GREAT!

Nov 27, 2014, 5:55 AM

Spiller, Hopkins, Watkins - all special players that lost to SCAR on more than one occasion. Watson doesn't make or break this team. The Clemson Tigers are bigger - let's hope we're the better team on Saturday.

Why would it matter which QB ends up starting to Spurrier

Nov 28, 2014, 10:52 AM

He only actually has to prepare for Deshuan.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic