Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If UGA hasn’t figured it out by now
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

If UGA hasn’t figured it out by now

Dec 8, 2020, 12:13 AM

They never will. They can recruit all the talent in the world they will never win with out a QB. And news flash to them, JT Daniels isn’t the answer.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If UGA hasn’t figured it out by now

Oct 30, 2023, 9:19 PM

https://247sports.com/player/brock-vandagriff-46050870/

Dec 8, 2020, 12:33 AM

Case in point

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 8, 2020, 5:16 AM [ in reply to Re: If UGA hasn’t figured it out by now ]

I have been more impressed with chicken commit Gunner Stockton. I am not sold on Vandagriff. Time will tell. I do know one thing, Kirby’s seat is getting warmer. Smart has not been winning the East regularly with all of the talent he has on the field. Dawg fans are not happy. I know because I am surrounded by them.

Dec 8, 2020, 6:47 AM

Not being sold on Vandergriff is a good take. The notion that Kirby's seat is "getting warmer" is insane.

Dec 8, 2020, 7:16 AM

Exactly. Kirby's job is secure as it gets. That said, why do you think your QB recruit is overrated possibly?

Dec 8, 2020, 8:51 AM

I think given the level of competition he has played in HS, it's fair to question how well he may perform at the P5 level. From what I have heard, he has shown out in camps. Still, I think it's fair to question how prepared he'll be for the next level.

Dec 8, 2020, 7:47 AM [ in reply to Re: If UGA hasn’t figured it out by now ]

Muschamp would have the same record at Georgia as Kiirby with the talent. Kirby is a good recruiter not a good coach or developer.

Dec 8, 2020, 8:53 AM

I could say the same thing about Muschamp at Clemson and base that on level of competition. Using your example, Muschamp at Clemson gets trucked in the playoffs every year but winds up there every year based on ACC competition.

Wrong....Are you kidding....SEC is pedestrian this year

Dec 8, 2020, 9:00 AM

and not trending to improve. I know it's fun and cute to repeat your overlord ESPN's SEC narrative, it's just not true anymore. The SEC chant is almost as silly as Trump's claims of election victory. Stack ACC vs SEC top to bottom and it's pretty much a dead heat.

Clemson - Bama
ND - FL
Miami - A&M
UNC - UGA

You could keep going down the list and have mostly competitive games the whole way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wrong....Are you kidding....SEC is pedestrian this year

Dec 31, 2023, 8:38 AM

That is pretty much correct. I have not thought about it but it looks spot on to me.

Re: Wrong....Are you kidding....SEC is pedestrian this year

Dec 8, 2020, 9:10 AM

I made no reference to the strenght of the SEC. The point was, if you're gonna suggest Muschamp would have the same record as Kirby, it's fair to suggest he'd also have the same regular season record as Dabo, given the state of the ACC.

You could say it would be fair to suggest,

Dec 8, 2020, 9:22 AM

you'd be wrong - no matter what you base it on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

UGA is not in the same class as Miami this season.

Dec 8, 2020, 9:29 AM [ in reply to Wrong....Are you kidding....SEC is pedestrian this year ]

Any college football expert will tell you this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: UGA is not in the same class as Miami this season.

Dec 8, 2020, 11:09 AM

Well, at least the experts here.

Dec 8, 2020, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Re: If UGA hasn’t figured it out by now ]

When was the last time UGA had a starting black QB ?

Dec 8, 2020, 9:27 AM

I’m curious to know where your going with that. Last one I remember is Quincy Carter but that’s only because I’m a Cowboys fan and to watch the joke that was his career.

Dec 8, 2020, 11:20 AM

Here's where he is going with this. He knows nothing about UGA. Rather than do a simple google search, where he'd discover that D'Wan Mathis, who is black, started game 1 for UGA this year, he'd rather toss in a subtle suggestion of racism. In other words, he's perfectly content to embarrass himself to everyone on these threads. Get ready for his next gem, which will include further proof of Kirby's racism because he replaced Mathis with Bennett.

Dec 8, 2020, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: If UGA hasn’t figured it out by now ]

It was at the start of this season.

Mathis started their first game and was replaced at halftime.

Dec 8, 2020, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: If UGA hasn’t figured it out by now ]

D'wan Mathis. Game 1 this year.

Dec 8, 2020, 12:32 AM

There’s the conundrum, you have to at least have above average intelligence to be a great QB. Having above average intelligence keeps you from going to UGA.

Kirby Smart just strikes me as the typical SEC meat head

Dec 8, 2020, 5:49 AM

homer that doesn't give a hoot about anything outside of an athletes football skill. Maybe I'm being unfair but I just don't get the sense that Kirby really cares if his student athletes get their degree - football is priority one.

Kirby has brought in a lot of top recruiting classes, but there is a certain predisposition for a lot of kids who grow up in talent rich Georgia to want to go to UGA - practically all of them have been UGA fans from birth. So just how good of a snake oil salesmen Kirby is may be a little deceiving...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Kirby Smart just strikes me as the typical SEC meat head

Dec 8, 2020, 6:49 AM

Given that you literally don't know a thing about Kirby Smart outside of what you see his teams do on Saturdays, yeah, you're being a little unfair.

If I were Kirby Smart...

Dec 8, 2020, 6:59 AM

I wouldn’t want to be judged based on what my teams did on Saturdays.

It’s clear to everyone, outside of Athens, that UGA has started the slow decline we all expected under Smart. Kirby’s best years were with Richt’s players, and the only thing more mind boggling than his in game decisions is his roster management.

Anyway, good luck moving forward.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: If I were Kirby Smart...

Dec 8, 2020, 7:06 AM

Judging Kirby - or any coach you really don't know, including Dabo, by how their teams perform is totally fair. Kirby has earned some coaching criticism. I'm just agreeing with the poster that "mabye" he's being unfair.

If I were a Georgia fan, I don't think I would

Dec 8, 2020, 8:30 AM

watch football anymore. What's the point of watching a team underachieve every single year? It's like groundhog day for UGA fans, with zero national championships in the modern era of college football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: If I were Kirby Smart...

Dec 8, 2020, 9:18 AM [ in reply to If I were Kirby Smart... ]

I wouldn’t want to be judged based on what my teams did on Saturdays.

It’s clear to everyone, outside of Athens, that UGA has started the slow decline we all expected under Smart. Kirby’s best years were with Richt’s players, and the only thing more mind boggling than his in game decisions is his roster management.

Anyway, good luck moving forward.

Kirby’s record isn’t much better than Mark Richt’s, if better at all.

Jack Bentley
Former U of SC QB

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In hindsight, I bet UGA wishes they would have thrown...

Dec 8, 2020, 9:35 AM

the bank at Richt to try and keep him. In the end though, the draw of coaching at a perineal power like Miami, where you get to play ACC caliber teams each and every week, may have been too much to overcome, regardless of pay. UGA was a great stepping stone for Richt, and I bet he's still thankful to the school for the experience he gained there which prepared him for the big leagues.

By all means, please feel free to enlighten us.

Dec 8, 2020, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Kirby Smart just strikes me as the typical SEC meat head ]

This should be good !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: UGA hasn’t figured it out....

Dec 8, 2020, 7:43 AM

..... nor has some of their fans. While this thread is alive and well (okay, even though it is about UGA); you have another UGA fan start a second thread with the absolutely brilliant post/premise that: “Recruiting is the life blood of a program.”

Who would have thought?!

(.....sorry, it’s early and the coffee hasn’t kicked in, yet.... probably should just put down the phone and go walk around in the woods with the dog.... )

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dec 8, 2020, 8:38 AM

Doing less with more for 40 years and counting. Perplexing how a team loaded with 5 stars couldn’t even win the $EC East.

Kirby is just the latest in a long line of defensive

Dec 8, 2020, 8:46 AM

assistants who, upon becoming Head Coaches, just never could seem to solve the offensive side of the game.

It works the other way as well. Lincoln Riley is an offensive genius, but, his defenses are holier than old underwear.

All that should remind us that our resident cheerleader, Dabo Swinney, has had the good sense to realize that it takes excellence on both sides of the football to win Championships. Not bad for a clueless country yokel, as the detractors still like to refer to Dabo as. (Although, truth be told, those characterizations are mostly confined to FGF these days. And, they are almost immediately followed by them wishing they could hire one just like him.) :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic