Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If ND is undefeated do they play in the ACC championship?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,730

If ND is undefeated do they play in the ACC championship?

Nov 22, 2020, 9:05 AM

If I am Notre Dame and go through the regular season undefeated, I still don't play in a Championship game. They would have nothing to gain and everything to lose. My medical advisors would advise me that when a cat somewhere in the Clemson area coughed up a furball that it could be COVID and we do not feel safe to play. I can't see the season finishing without someone taking Florida State's lead, and opting out of a game for no good reason,in order to back in to a conference championship or the playoff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If ND is undefeated do they play in the ACC championship?

Nov 22, 2020, 9:25 AM

They are an official member of the ACC this year. They play or forfeit. I don't think the CFP committee would take it lightly if they tried.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Nov 22, 2020, 9:26 AM

As far as I'm concerned, then it should be a forfeit and lose the championship, so no trophy for them. Don't think ND would stoop that low, but again it is Kelly so who knows what he would do. Hope no other team goes to that level.

Yesterday for example, Pitt and VaTech had a combined(I believe I read) 30 players not able to play due to the virus and still played. If ND pulls that, kick them to the curb.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 22, 2020, 9:56 AM

I agree that it would be low, and there is some exaggeration in my comment, but it is likely that there would be something COVID related to turn into an excuse. I thought the ACC should have made yesterday a forfeit to avoid setting a precedent. At the same time, we live in a society that believes that it would be mean to ridicule somebody for having a "safety concern." Hypothetically, if Notre Dame was to find a one of those safety concerns not to play, I believed that they still end up in the playoff. People would jump up and down, scream and yell, and at the end of the day ND would be playing on January 1st.

Pitt and Va Tech should be commended for playing but FSU is not either one. I'm not interested in who will be the next Pitt or Virginia Tech. I'm worried about who will be the next FSU and ND would have a lot of reasons for it to be them.

Nov 22, 2020, 9:30 AM

They agreed to join the conference for this season. They play in the championship game, or forfeit.
If not then Swofford tells them they are out, or the other 14 members tell Swoffie he is out.

Seriously? Of course they would play in the

Nov 22, 2020, 9:42 AM

ACC Title game. Shoot, if you watched the ND/Clemson game a few weeks ago the broadcast team said we will likely see a rematch of these two teams in the ACC Title game.

Clemson owns the tie breaker with Miami if they both finish with one loss.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,730
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic