Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Kelly Bryant gets another chance at Alabama?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

If Kelly Bryant gets another chance at Alabama?

Aug 23, 2018, 10:24 AM

Can Kelly Bryant beat Alabama why or why not? I’m just wondering what people think I’m not sure I have an opinion. Just know he has to hit the deep throws

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Kelly Bryant gets another chance at Alabama?

Aug 23, 2018, 10:30 AM

KELLY BRYANT didn't lose to Alabama. The entire team lost to Alabama. Go back and watch the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Defense played well enough to win

Aug 23, 2018, 10:35 AM

Cannot put the loss on them.

.that's how it works.

Aug 23, 2018, 11:05 AM

Alabama -W
Clemson- L

it's that simple.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

No

Aug 23, 2018, 10:34 AM

But to be fair, most QBs cannot defeat Bama. It takes an elite QB with mobility. You arent going to line up against bama and run it down their throat(Why LSU continues to try IDK). KBs skill set would beat most of the country.... but not Bama. TL is the prototypical elephant killer.

100% correct

Aug 23, 2018, 11:17 AM

Love KB and he can get you a W over 90% of the teams we face. So its hard to say he doesn't deserve to play over TL b/c KB is going to win you games and theres no arguing that. He controls the clock with his legs (keeps the ball moving and the clock ticks), doesn't take alot of chances so we don't turn it over much, and he knows the playbook/coaches trust him out there. Great manager of the offense.

His problems are going to be when you take away that run. Not many will be able to. FSU and Bama will be where we see the weaknesses.

And who's to say TL doesnt' throw 3 picks against BAMA in a big game. Or tries to fit too many balls into tight spaces so much so that we are constantly turning it over in big games. No matter what there is an experience thing that has to evolve with any player. you pull the existing starter only if that starter is ineffective. And KB is far from ineffective. So...its a tough one.

Re: 100% correct

Aug 23, 2018, 11:31 AM

I think if TL gets enough snaps then he’ll be ready for fsu or bama. Could he throw some int’s? Possible but not likely at that point. As a quick study like DW4, he’ll learn what windows he can and cannot hit.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Kelly Bryant gets another chance at Alabama?***

Aug 23, 2018, 11:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: If Kelly Bryant gets another chance at Alabama?***

Aug 23, 2018, 11:23 AM

If what you meant by your question was “if the O line can block and the receivers don’t drop passes, can KB be the winning QB if he plays Bama again?” ...... then the answer is yes he can.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welcome back.***

Aug 23, 2018, 11:53 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Aug 23, 2018, 11:24 AM

Do you ever read this freakin bored. Dang coot

Aug 23, 2018, 11:27 AM

If he can throw for over 230-300 yards, mixture of short and deep passes, possibly...if he can't, no. It's that simple. They have too good of a run defense to ever think you can beat them simply on a good run game. Even the best run teams have to have consistent passing to keep their defense honest, otherwise, they load the box and beat you with the size and depth.

Aug 23, 2018, 11:38 AM

Unless KB2 has improved on his passing, I doubt it. However, I think this year he'll have better assets around him (ie. improved OL, WRs, and *hopefully* RB blocking) which should hopefully make a difference in his passing game. It will also depend on how Alabama schemes their defense. If they stack the box and "make" KB2 beat them with his arm, if he has improved with accuracy and has more time to make plays, he might have a shot. They would have to adjust their defense if KB is beating them with his arm, like he did to Miami last season. This would then open up the game whereas it didn't really open up in the Sugar Bowl. Just my thoughts though....

It wasn't about KB vs Bama last year and won't be if they

Aug 23, 2018, 12:06 PM

play again - field position and a few key missed opportunities lead to how that game unfolded. Teams as talented as these two were and will be if they play again it comes down to which TEAM makes the most of the opportunities they have when they have them - and sometimes unfortunate timing can make a huge difference.

The whole "any given sunday" in the NFL applies when teams are more equally talented from coaches, players, depth, etc.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Water the Point Tree

How many times are you people going to ask the same question?

Aug 23, 2018, 12:19 PM

Same questions just worded a little differently. Most of the time it’s one of you trolls trying to get Clemson fans to argue with each other. It’s old. It’s lame.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How many times are you people going to ask the same question?

Aug 23, 2018, 12:23 PM

Notice in my question I said nothing negative. That’s because I accept Kelly Bryant as the starter and will be chearing for him for better or worse. I’ll support whichever QB is on the feild. I was just wanting peoples opinions. Go Tigers

You're not very good at this coot...

Aug 23, 2018, 12:34 PM

Re: You're not very good at this coot...

Aug 23, 2018, 1:27 PM

These idiotic attempts of calling me a coot is priceless. I’m not a coot

Are you sure about that?

Sep 17, 2019, 3:05 PM

Aug 23, 2018, 12:47 PM

Yes , he can and will . I expect to see it happen , and I have no reservation saying that as he is looking and sounding more confident , more settled in .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic