Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Jack is gone after this season...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

If Jack is gone after this season...

May 14, 2014, 11:56 AM

and I'm not saying he is or he isn't. I just want to bring up a question on who is out there to get as a coach?

A few years ago Tim Corbin from Vandy was on everybodys wish list...is he still on the list? Would he leave Vandy to come back to Clemson?

Who else would everybody like to see replace Jack?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don Mattingly***

May 14, 2014, 11:59 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Don Mattingly***

May 14, 2014, 12:54 PM

Tony Jeter

Chipper Jones woul jump at the chance!......and injure his

May 14, 2014, 12:02 PM

knee in the process.....

Re: Chipper Jones woul jump at the chance!......and injure his

May 15, 2014, 12:04 AM

I am a life long die hard Braves fan and this is a very solid post. Well done.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Kermit Smith from Lander !!!

May 14, 2014, 12:05 PM

http://www.landerbearcats.com/sports/bsb/2013-14/schedule

It's a cool name...... and hey Lander is 42-6. Not bad. I know it's a huge step up.

No more coaches with unusual names !***

May 14, 2014, 1:39 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Jack is gone after this season...

May 14, 2014, 12:07 PM

this has been my question in in the Jack debates from the start

Sometimes I want him gone just as much as the biggest Jack haters out there, but i alway pause for a second and wonder who the heck do we bring in.

This isn't footbal where a vast number of Clemson fans could offer up a good list of about 5 real good candidates that would actually be real possiblities, this is baseball where even the more avid fans couldn't put together a short list of coaches that 1) are good enough to go hire, and 2) would take the job.

While Jack is slipping in his level of proformance and slipping regarding the standard that has been Clemson baseball for years showing him the door could be an absolute gamble with a very catastrophic outcome for the program

May 14, 2014, 12:16 PM

This program is a catastrophe!

Well...

May 14, 2014, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Re: If Jack is gone after this season... ]

good thing the fans don't pick the replacement. There are quality coaches throughout the country that BASEBALL PEOPLE know about. I don't remember Debo, Brownell, or any other Clemson coach winning a fan vote to get the job. People get paid major money to find those candidates and bring them in.
Bottom line...Jack lost this program four years ago and a chance is needed.

What do we have to lose,keeping Jack has already been a

May 15, 2014, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Re: If Jack is gone after this season... ]

catastrophic outcome

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2014, 12:11 PM

No way he should be allowed to stay after the total collapse this year. Very obvious this team is going thru the motions. No other way to explain the Sunday beatdowns by Pitt and ND. Next year will get real ugly quickly if JL is still here. The administration has to know this. If we didn't have Gossett this year we would be struggling to be at .500. Plenty of good coaches would come here. We need all new staff.

May 14, 2014, 12:28 PM

Ray Tanner?!!! :)

TigerNet.

May 14, 2014, 12:30 PM

We can set up a laptop in the coach's box at third and type instructions to the runner. And, heckle the opposing 3rd baseman.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jack will be back!

May 14, 2014, 12:32 PM

He will be back no matter what happens.

The real Jack (Bauer, that is)

May 14, 2014, 12:49 PM

is already back.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Jack will be back!

May 14, 2014, 1:13 PM [ in reply to Jack will be back! ]

> He will be back no matter what happens.

Then the program will just decline that much more and it will take a few years to get it straight he should have been gone 4 to 6 years ago.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ANYONE at this point***

May 14, 2014, 12:59 PM

nm

May 14, 2014, 1:09 PM

> and I'm not saying he is or he isn't. I just want to
> bring up a question on who is out there to get as a
> coach?
>
> A few years ago Tim Corbin from Vandy was on
> everybodys wish list...is he still on the list?
> Would he leave Vandy to come back to Clemson?
>
> Who else would everybody like to see replace Jack?

I would not want any of Jack's old assistants, I think we need new blood leading the program. The coach at Liberty or the assistant head coach at Virginia.

Walter Matthou.***

May 14, 2014, 1:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2014, 1:49 PM

Joe Torre or Tony LaRusa

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 14, 2014, 1:55 PM

There are a lot of young coaches at smaller programs that are doing good jobs. I'm sure it wouldn't be hard to get a successful coach form a mid or a D 2 school. Clemson needs new blood and that is all there is to it.

Practice guy (errrrr baseball fan) isn't going to like this***

May 14, 2014, 2:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I think you could expect to see names surface like ....

May 14, 2014, 1:57 PM

Tim Corbin, Bobby Moranda, Casey Dunn, Monte Lee, Gary Gilmore, Mike Kennedy, and Kevin McMullan,

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ray Tanner***

May 14, 2014, 2:25 PM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Ray Tanner***

May 15, 2014, 12:06 AM

Except for 63-17, this is the meanest thing you ever said.

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

Sparky Anderson's decomposing corpse.

May 14, 2014, 2:30 PM

In keeping with the theme of Clemson baseball.

Morris Buttermaker***

May 14, 2014, 2:58 PM

The Beast (Hercules) from 'The Sandlot'***

May 14, 2014, 3:12 PM

I was out in Salt Lake on business a couple of years ago...

May 14, 2014, 3:51 PM

and one of my business associates took me to the location where the Sandlot was filmed. The sandlot is still there and still looks similar to the movie with the exception of the houses beyond the outfield fence which were not real houses but movie props. The oak tree around which the tree house was built is also gone now but the stump is still there.

Dennis Rodman

May 14, 2014, 4:22 PM

Head baseball coach is more of a CEO then a "coach" ... would make Clemson Baseball High Profile !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No more cleats; high heels will be expected.***

May 14, 2014, 4:23 PM

Can't believe no one said Kenny Powers!

May 14, 2014, 7:13 PM

nm

Jack isn't leaving, Corbin wouldn't come,imo******

May 14, 2014, 9:41 PM

Jack will be at Clemson until he decides to leave.***

May 14, 2014, 9:57 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

Re: Jack will be at Clemson until he decides to leave.***

May 14, 2014, 10:00 PM

that is MAJOR DEPRESSING NEWS!!just how low do we have to go? it is a CRIME that he has done what he has to a ONCE PROUD Tiger program.. we are about on the level with Furman now and SINKING FAST

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LiGHTBuLBBiLL***

May 15, 2014, 12:12 AM

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic